CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

On 12/08/2022 at 15:00, drol said:

Azam Khan discharged . Of course.

Azam Khan hospitalised after heart attack and underwent surgery.

You know the deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2022 at 14:18, drol said:

Azam Khan hospitalised after heart attack and underwent surgery.

You know the deal.

Azam Khan hospitalised again, so cannot contribute to the ongoing investigation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/08/2022 at 19:14, drol said:

Derek Draper back in hospital for kidney surgery.

Derek Draper hospitalised again, this time with sepsis.

Yaaaaawn.

• Like 2

Rare semi-notable COVID death in China: footballer Wang Ruoji dead at 37 from COVID and diabetes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, arghton said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/19/china/china-covid-study-one-million-deaths-intl-hnk-mic/index.html

China's abrupt and under-prepared exit from zero-Covid could lead to nearly 1 million deaths, according to a new study...

Recent Chinese notable deaths. Pretty sure there's much more during the last few days than usually.

18 Dec:

Chu Lanlan (40) Opera actor

Luo Tuo/Luo Bin (51) Writer - lung cancer.

Xi Xi (85) Author, poet - heart failure.

Zhang Shouhua (105) Scientist, metallurgical educator

19 Dec:

Liu Ji (85) former deputy director of the National Sports Commission of China, special inspector of the State Council

Luo An (83) Cinematographer

Fang Xuehui (89) Photographer

Ni Chengyu (80) Martial arts guy

Wei Shuli (88) Pharmacist

Xia Yang (101) Director

20 Dec:

Sun Zeng (94) Dermatologist

Hu Jun (94) Economist

Fu Zucheng (82) Actor

Zhang Fuqing (97) Huaihai campaign of 1948 veteran, one of the biggest faces in China's military propaganda in recent years

Wu Guanying (67) Artist, designer

21 Dec: 

Cao Fengqi (77) Economist

Jiang Ming (92) China's rheumatology pioneer

Zhang Guocheng (91) engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering

Zhao Yijun (92) engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Uhmmm...

Vast majority of them are redlinks even on Chinese wiki. My guess is some Chinese editor is copying from Baike, and this number of deaths is the standard for Baike.

So, no surge for now actually.

19 hours ago, arghton said:

Recent Chinese notable deaths. Pretty sure there's much more during the last few days than usually.

21 Dec: 

Cao Fengqi (77) Economist

Jiang Ming (92) China's rheumatology pioneer

Zhang Guocheng (91) engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering

Zhao Yijun (92) engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering

Other day, other member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering dead: Gu Zhenan, aged 86.

Oh, and a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences: Wang Tongsan, aged 74.

• Like 1

I'm definitely noticing the uptick in Chinese deaths on Wikipedia as well.

Just now, gcreptile said:

I'm definitely noticing the uptick in Chinese deaths on Wikipedia as well.

Same becoming more pronounced.

There's been atleast 6 Chinese Academy of Engineering deaths in three days as today there were three, some on Wednesday and Thursday. While there are 920 (+93 foreign) members I am pretty sure this is not normal. I wonder if there's been some superspreading event with that community recently. Keep an eye on the older members...(trying to make a better list soon)

Edit: Wikipedia actually does have a page for them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_Chinese_Academy_of_Engineering

• Like 2

23 December
Li Wenhua, 90, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Lu Qiang, 86, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Zhang Youshang, 97, Chinese biochemist, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
22 December
Gu Zhen'an, 86, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Long Yuqiu, 96, Chinese engineer and academic, member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
21 December
Zhang Guocheng, 91, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Zhao Yijun, 92, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering

A second name (Long Yuqiu, 96) now added to 22 December, so make that 7 in 3 days.

Yup, mass spreader event more than likely the cause.

Sweepstakes on how many to go before the end of the year? I'm going to say 14 (including the 7 above).

• Like 1

More likely COVID spread in a nursing home/hospital for retired academics. I guess 13 dying and the usual suspects (Yang You, Lu Yuanjiu, Huang Xuhua) surviving the storm.

• Like 1

They've been massive protests in China lately and I'm afraid that authorities have released an actual deadly virus this time.

• Confused 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

There's been atleast 6 Chinese Academy of Engineering deaths in three days as today there were three, some on Wednesday and Thursday. While there are 920 (+93 foreign) members I am pretty sure this is not normal. I wonder if there's been some superspreading event with that community recently. Keep an eye on the older members...(trying to make a better list soon)

Edit: Wikipedia actually does have a page for them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_Chinese_Academy_of_Engineering

Can’t understand why this academy of engineering is so touched tbh…

On 23/12/2022 at 23:22, drol said:

More likely COVID spread in a nursing home/hospital for retired academics. I guess 13 dying and the usual suspects (Yang You, Lu Yuanjiu, Huang Xuhua) surviving the storm.

The other ancients:

Cui Kun 崔崑 97-year-old steel researcher known for GB1299-85

Feng Shuyu 冯叔瑜 98-year-old explosives engineer

Li Jieshou 黎介寿 98-year-old surgery expert and military guy, "pioneer" in fistula treatment and instestinal transplants. 30/1/2023

Liu Yuqing 刘玉清 99-year-old "radiology imaging pioneer", cardiovascular disease expert

Pei Rongfu 裴荣富 98-year-old mineral expert

Ren Jizhou 任继周 98-year-old agricultural scientist

Shen Yucun 沈渔邨 98-year-old "founder of modern Chinese psychiatry"

Sheng Zhiyong 盛志勇 102-year-old expert in trauma surgery, burn treatment and surgery, radiation burn treatment.

Wang Maohua 汪懋华 90-year-old agricultural and electric engineer

Wang Guangyuan 王光远  98-year-old structural engineer

Wang Zhenyi 王振义 98-year-old hematology expert. Still working (!) and not that likely to die

Wu Xianzhong 吴咸中 97-year-old medicine expert

Ye Minghan 叶铭汉 97-year-old "expert in experimental high-energy physics particle detection technology"

Zhai Guangming 翟光明 96-year-old petroleum geology expert

Zhang Jinzhe 张金哲 102-year-old pediatric surgery expert 24/12/2022

Zhang Lvqian 張履謙 96-year-old expert in radar and aerospace electronics technology

Zhong Zhizhen 钟世镇 97-year-old "founder of China's modern clinical anatomy"

Zhou Jing 周镜 97-year-old geotechnical engineer

Zhou Junliang 周君亮 97-year-old hydraulic engineer 30/4/2023

I bet atleast one or two will be dead by 2023.

There's a ton of ones born 1924/1925, a few born 1926 but I couldn't find if there are any born between 1927 and 1932. (Edit: there definitely are atleast some. Aircraft designer Gu Songfen is 92, supercomputing pioneer Jin Yilian is 93, ballistic missile designer Song Jian is 91)

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

23 December
Li Wenhua, 90, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Lu Qiang, 86, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Zhang Youshang, 97, Chinese biochemist, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
22 December
Gu Zhen'an, 86, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Long Yuqiu, 96, Chinese engineer and academic, member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
21 December
Zhang Guocheng, 91, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Zhao Yijun, 92, Chinese engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering

A second name (Long Yuqiu, 96) now added to 22 December, so make that 7 in 3 days.

Yup, mass spreader event more than likely the cause.

Sweepstakes on how many to go before the end of the year? I'm going to say 14 (including the 7 above).

An 8th has gone.

Jiang Hualiang, and he was only 57, so the care home theory is likely not true.

None of these guys have immunity. They've been shielded from COVID for 3 years by their government, then were given two doses of the Chinese vaccine (which doesn't work). They're going to drop like flies.

• Like 3

On these two articles (here and here) it says that both Li Wenhua and Gu Zhen’an died after «a long illness ». Don’t know if it’s true though. Report of the place of their deaths are incoherent also : one time it’s Beijing (which would be the place of 6 deaths among the 7), one time it’s Pékin.

I really think the world forum on scientific development of Shengdu could be for something in it, it was organized by the academy of engineering and the one of science and médecine… 

11 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

On these two articles (here and here) it says that both Li Wenhua and Gu Zhen’an died after «a long illness ». Don’t know if it’s true though. 

I read some obituaries of the other ones and they mostly said "died after illness and treatment" or "died after illness and ineffective treatment". These are all just easy ways to be without giving a proper death cause.

• Like 2

I have a bad feeling about this. I think Chinese are about to release a new virus much deadlier than covid. People haven't responded well to covid pLandemic so it's time to step up the game now. And obviously this is the perfect time for it because they've been going through economic crisis and civil unrest.

• Facepalm 9

E6C36357-D351-4408-8B0C-670B54462DFB.jpeg.ed08ac07bd56a8da49ef2cd4940a09e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9