CastAway

Notable Coronavirus Victims

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's funny how people can interpret things differently. 

The post was about a person who refuses to be vaccinated, and then falls seriously ill with what is obviously Covid but won't admit it. 

I took this to mean that the :facepalm: would be directed at that person.  But I was clearly wrong. 

Yes, that’s how it read to me too; some people are clearly too quick bite at an emoji.

There needs to be a distinction between a general ‘cringe’ facepalm and a ‘you’re a bellend’ facepalm.

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yes, that’s how it read to me too; some people are clearly too quick bite at an emoji.

There needs to be a distinction between a general ‘cringe’ facepalm and a ‘you’re a bellend’ facepalm.

An eye-roll emoji would be a nice addition

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

An eye-roll emoji would be a nice addition

This could work, yeah. Do away with the facepalm and split it into its three interpretations: cringe, eye-roll, wanker-gesture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was pointed to this by an outside source and I have to say it was the most boring argument with the most boringly-expressed invectives about the most boring subject I've ever seen online, ever. 

And aye, I have mostly fucked off to more amusing forums before anyone even starts.

Can you (not 'we') kick it up a wee bit please?

Turn the dial to "TQR"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Veteran Pro Modified and no-prep drag racing competitor Wayne Smozanek, 60, succumbed to a lengthy battle with Covid-19 on Saturday, it was confirmed by his wife.

The Florida native owned and operated the Performance Center Auto Repair, founded in Jupiter, Florida in 1988. Throughout the years, he drove monster trucks competitively and was a regular at heads-up drag racing events in and around the south in a series of supercharged doorslammers. In recent seasons, he competed with the “Street Outlaws” franchise in its No Prep Kings, Mega Cash Days, America’s List, and other spinoff programs behind the wheel of his supercharged Ford Probe.

Smozanek had been in intensive care for seven weeks, dating back to early December, valiantly fighting the illness.

SC

• Like 1

Steve Salas, a founding member of the pioneering Eastside rock band Tierra and an early-day Chicano rights activist, has died at 69.  Salas, who died Thursday, had been battling myeloma for two years and recently contracted COVID-19.

SC

Mark Stroman, the veteran Fox and Endeavor marketing executive who helped launch memorable global campaigns including “What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas” for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and the “Nobody Better Lay a Finger On My Butterfinger!” campaign featuring The Simpsons‘ Bart Simpson, has died.

Stroman died February 22 of complications from Covid, according to a family spokesperson. He was 58.

SC

7 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Australian billionaire politician Clive Palmer has tested positive to COVID-19 and is also being treated for pneumonia. He is unvaccinated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10556787/Clive-Palmer-treated-pneumonia-positive-Covid-test-days-rushed-hospital.html

News is 5 days old.  He is being treated privately cuz he is loaded and can do.  Considered him for Cup until that last part became evident to me.  Could be wrong, I doubt it.
SC

Irish President Michael D. Higgins and his wife test positive

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0304/1284402-michael-d-higgins-coronavirus-covid/

Both in their 80s but tripple vaxed. Only suffering from mild symptons. Guessing very mild as the postives were from an antigen test they had taken ahead of a visit to a school

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Derek Draper actually seems to finally be improving.

Here he's pictured on a wheelchair in the garden:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10616953/Kate-Garraways-frail-husband-Derek-Draper-smiles-creates-garden.html

Delighted to confirm I dropped him from my DDP team this year - phew!

He looks okay - much better than I thought he would.

Hillary Clinton test positive:

Kenneth Branagh and Ciarán Hinds join the club.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/kenneth-branagh-ciaran-hinds-positive-covid-1235115219/

So does White House press secretary Jen Psaki for second time.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/22/jen-psaki-covid-positive-test-joe-biden

Kylie Minogue too.

https://www.cumnockchronicle.com/news/20002109.kylie-minogue-will-not-appear-comic-relief-positive-covid-test/

I mentioned Isabelle Huppert on the Foreign Personalities thread too. 

Popping Stephen Wilhite's name (which has also been noted elsewhere) on here for completion's sake. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Ooh, maybe he got it while he opened his GIGAFACTORY here near Berlin last week. Germany has been an absolute hotspot for weeks. I cant explain to myself why I haven't had it yet. Maybe I did without noticing.

• Like 1