Paul Bearer

King Charles III

I guess one upside from Harry's visit is that we'll only have to wait six months and whatever's wrong with the King will all be published in excruciating detail in the updated version of his book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Maybe i'm being a bit nonchalant because I work with two Urology oncology nurses and think it's not terminal (at least not within the next year). I've seen the patients they see and he looks much better than them.

Only thing that's ominous is he isn't saying what cancer it is especially as he would know the speculation would be colossal 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Maybe i'm being a bit nonchalant because I work with two Urology oncology nurses and think it's not terminal (at least not within the next year). I've seen the patients they see and he looks much better than them.

Every case is different though, the ex husband of a friend of mine was only diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks before he died, I met him 5 weeks before he died and he hadn’t really lost lots of weight or become gaunt or anything, I doubt Charles will die imminently but a good shout for the 2026 list

• Like 1

King WHO???

Father of WHO???

• Like 1
  • Haha 31

Just caught up with the truly awful news that Nicholas Witchell has indeed been deployed.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I've suspected for a while that the Witch of Monteshitshow has been sticking pins in dolls.

I see, now that Meghan has clogged up Katherine's tubes, she can eliminate the family one by one.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

Just caught up with the truly awful news that Nicholas Witchell has indeed been deployed.

I'm looking up the wiki... So this is the primary journalist who reports on the royals' sensitive information?

Just now, lilham said:

I'm looking up the wiki... So this is the primary journalist who reports on the royals' sensitive information?

He’s the irritating old rectum who the BBC call on every time there is the vaguest suggestion of royal “news”.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

He retires in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Old Crem said:

He retires in a few weeks. 

Take a leaf out of his book.

• Haha 10
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

He’s the irritating old rectum who the BBC call on every time there is the vaguest suggestion of royal “news”.

Is the BBC or ITV better to watch coverage? I'm in America and found both for free on youtube.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lilham said:

Is the BBC or ITV better to watch coverage? I'm in America and found both for free on youtube.

Watch cartoons.  They are more fun. 

You are lucky that you live in America.  At least you don't have to pay to keep these fuck-wits in luxury.

Just now, drunkasaskunk said:

Watch cartoons.  They are more fun. 

You are lucky that you live in America.  At least you don't have to pay to keep these fuck-wits in luxury.

i don't like cartoons...

1 minute ago, lilham said:

The BBC would give Camilla having trapped wind rolling news coverage for at least 48 hours. With special contributions from fucking Witchell, obvs. Depends what you want but I’d say the better option is no coverage at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, lilham said:

Just switch over to 5Select and hope there's a "Forged In Fire" marathon on.

13 minutes ago, lilham said:

Both are better than Fox news, who couldn't even string together a coherent sentence when the Queen's death news broke (23 secs in below).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Just switch over to 5Select and hope there's a "Forged In Fire" marathon on.

not an option as far as I know.

I looked up that show, and why on earth would anyone recommend that to me?

I'm at work right now so just having something on in the background is fine.

If he dies, I'm going to be annoyed that Huw Edwards won't be the one to tell me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Second thing I noticed now that I have read the statement is that Is devoid of any reassuring information such as "the cancer hs highly treatable " "The Kings prognosis is excellent" "the cancer is localised and at a very early stage" and such like.If the announcement was meant to dull speculation it would be a 100% own goal like throwing petrol on a fire and I don't think the King and those around him believe it would do anything other than create a tsunami of speculative headlines and cause people to question his mortality.

I also think the fact he has been advised not to partake in any face to face events strongly suggests he has started chemo and therefore is likely to have a compromised immune system going forward.

• Like 10

Just let Liz Truss in to see him. Problem solved. (Either Charles or Witchell).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Second thing I noticed now that I have read the statement is that Is devoid of any reassuring information such as "the cancer hs highly treatable " "The Kings prognosis is excellent" "the cancer is localised and at a very early stage" and such like.If the announcement was meant to dull speculation it would be a 100% own goal like throwing petrol on a fire and I don't think the King and those around him believe it would do anything other than create a tsunami of speculative headlines and cause people to question his mortality.

I also think the fact he has been advised not to partake in any face to face events strongly suggests he has started cheom and therefore is likely to have a compromised immune system going forward.

I picked up on this as well. That and the state department statement. I doubt it's terminal pancan or anything, but I would expect more optimistic language if there was a positive prognosis.

Then again, he has access to the best healthcare.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

I also think the fact he has been advised not to partake in any face to face events strongly suggests he has started cheom and therefore is likely to have a compromised immune system going forward.

It is notable. Through it does say he is looking forward to returning to his duties as soon as possible. 

I feel like it might be radiotherapy rather than chemo. Particularly starting on a Monday - (Radiotherapy is often done Monday to Friday). 

11 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I picked up on this as well. That and the state department statement. I doubt it's terminal pancan or anything, but I would expect more optimistic language if there was a positive prognosis.

Then again, he has access to the best healthcare.  

Rectal cancer would probably be most likely (though nowhere near certain, I'll admit). It's close to the inspection site, it's not a near-death sentence like liver or pancreatic cancer but it's still not something you can be certain he's ever going to recover from.   

• Like 2