Paul Bearer

King Charles III

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

In what sense is it more bizarre than normal?

The whole living Christmas Tree and eco freindly decorations and environment message. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The whole living Christmas Tree and eco freindly decorations and environment message. 

He's always been like that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

He's always been like that.

I know but obviously he has never had the opportunity to make his point somewhere as prominent as the Christmas message. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

And his eco-friendliness is bizarre and will destroy his ”popularity” because…?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, TQR said:

And his eco-friendliness is bizarre and will destroy his ”popularity” because…?

Environmentalism is now a rather controversial issue that divides people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Only you, gammony uncle Derek and GBeebies’ four other viewers could look at this insanely privileged, deceased estate stealing man and think “Oh, eco-conscious Christmas trees now is it? Grrrrr. Woke bastard. Something something lefty blob.”

Do you run the Sir Michael Take social media parody account?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I agree. 

A lot of people do have trouble with six/seven syllable words.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

Only you, gammony uncle Derek and GBeebies’ four other viewers could look at this insanely privileged, deceased estate stealing man and think “Oh, eco-conscious Christmas trees now is it? Grrrrr. Woke bastard. Something something lefty blob.”

Do you run the Sir Michael Take social media parody account?

There are probably more people who think that than dislike the monarchy on left wing grounds. And many left wing monarchy critics are middle class anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

There are probably more people who think that than dislike the monarchy on left wing grounds. And many left wing monarchy critics are middle class anyway. 

Source: The Old Crem.

You could put that as your signature.

• Like 1

Anyway there's nothing new about living Christmas trees.   People have been replanting them for years.  Next door is a whole line of conifers of diminishing heights, all ex-Christmas trees, replanted by long-ago neighbours.  And there was one in my garden too which I had to have felled a couple of years ago as it was tremendously high and too close to the house next door.

Congrats to all the men of UK who get this 2nd Christmas no longer under A Matriarchy

Eat Happy Under Your New King

My quiz team at work lost the Christmas quiz thanks to one question where we had to answer true/false to 'King Charles mentioned the environment in his 2022 Christmas speech'. We thought he did but apparently he didn't, which shocked me at first until I remembered that anything that comes out of his mouth has to go through Rishi and his team, so... 

10 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

My quiz team at work lost the Christmas quiz thanks to one question where we had to answer true/false to 'King Charles mentioned the environment in his 2022 Christmas speech'. We thought he did but apparently he didn't, which shocked me at first until I remembered that anything that comes out of his mouth has to go through Rishi and his team, so... 

The Christmas Speech doesn't have to, but the KS at the opening of parliament does.

Official Christmas Speech was officially watched from USA.  
Of course being a Yank, my immediate reaction: ‘Don’t they air the counterpoints by the opposition?’

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

‘Don’t they air the counterpoints by the opposition?’

I nominate The Old Crem. Something about him being a fucking cunt because his tree doesn't do enough of a global warming and everyone in the country agrees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comped said:

The Christmas Speech doesn't have to, but the KS at the opening of parliament does.

He mentioned the environment this year, so maybe you're right. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

He mentioned the environment this year, so maybe you're right. 

It's been confirmed by the Guardian that he wrote his own. Makes sense since his mother did too (although apparently Philip may have helped her sometimes depending on the source).

• Like 1

On 25/12/2023 at 21:16, Sir Creep said:

Official Christmas Speech was officially watched from USA.  
Of course being a Yank, my immediate reaction: ‘Don’t they air the counterpoints by the opposition?’

No, but Channel 4 usually do An Alternative Christmas Message in the same time slot. There's been a host of people who've done it in the past, including Marge Simpson. This year's was apparently delivered by Stephen Fry, which is slightly ironic as he and the King are good buddies.

Jimmy Savile and the King were also good buddies. I wonder what his threshold for having somebody as a good buddy is?

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

No, but Channel 4 usually do An Alternative Christmas Message in the same time slot. There's been a host of people who've done it in the past, including Marge Simpson. This year's was apparently delivered by Stephen Fry, which is slightly ironic as he and the King are good buddies.

The deepfake one with the Queen should have won an Emmy (I don't even think it was nominated for a BAFTA?). First big use of political deepfakes in such a high profile way that I can recall, and it had some excellent effects work too.

7 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Jimmy Savile and the King were also good buddies. I wonder what his threshold for having somebody as a good buddy is?

This is such a tiresome insinuation. Hundreds of people were friendly with Savile because his charity work camouflage was so effective.

I disliked him as a TV personality because I found him irritating and embarrassing, but I never guessed what he was up to.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

This is such a tiresome insinuation. Hundreds of people were friendly with Savile because his charity work camouflage was so effective.

I disliked him as a TV personality because I found him irritating and embarrassing, but I never guessed what he was up to.

My mum always found Savile nauseating and wouldn't let us watch him.  She had no idea what he was up to, she just thought he was an "slimy Tory" (her words)!

And I can't claim second sight or anything because we all happily watched Rolf Harris for years!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, msc said:

My mum always found Savile nauseating and wouldn't let us watch him.  She had no idea what he was up to, she just thought he was an "slimy Tory" (her words)!

And I can't claim second sight or anything because we all happily watched Rolf Harris for years!

Oh yes, Rolf was like a fun uncle.

Savile I hated because of his irritating gimmicks like that silly noise he used to make, the cigar, the shell suits, the blingy jewellery.  I despised the way he styled himself. He was older than my mum and pushing 40 when he first presented TOTP but had a hairstyle that you only saw on people half his age. We kids thought he was pathetic, an old man trying to be young!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Savile I hated because of his irritating gimmicks like that silly noise he used to make, the cigar, the shell suits, the blingy jewellery.  I despised the way he styled himself. He was older than my mum and pushing 40 when he first presented TOTP but had a hairstyle that you only saw on people half his age. We kids thought he was pathetic, an old man trying to be young!

Yeah I understand that. Not a yewtree name but I had similar with Cheggars "hello fellow kids" approach growing up. I much preferred Terry Wogan who'd make a joke out of his being uncool and out of touch.

Incidentally I found out after he died that Wogan detested Savile and had personally blocked him as many of Wogans TV stuff as he could. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

As someone who has met him after he left prison but before he died. I can confirm that he is very friendly and charming.

• Like 2