Paul Bearer

King Charles III

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Second thing I noticed now that I have read the statement is that Is devoid of any reassuring information such as "the cancer hs highly treatable " "The Kings prognosis is excellent" "the cancer is localised and at a very early stage" and such like.If the announcement was meant to dull speculation it would be a 100% own goal like throwing petrol on a fire and I don't think the King and those around him believe it would do anything other than create a tsunami of speculative headlines and cause people to question his mortality.

I also think the fact he has been advised not to partake in any face to face events strongly suggests he has started cheom and therefore is likely to have a compromised immune system going forward.

I suspect this is the reason for the openness. If he is undergoing chemotherapy, then his appearance could change significantly, and, of course, he could lose his hair. It would become too much of a danger that pictures would emerge and cause alarm bells, so best to be open about what's happening at the very least. There's a lot of mixed messages, as has been mentioned already: announcing he has cancer (good) but not what cancer (bad). Suggestions he'll be back on duty as soon as possible (good) but things cancelled for the foreseeable and William expected to step up (bad). Camilla to continue public duties (good) but Harry coming back "soon" to see his father (bad). Clearly there is concern, but how much is hard to say - a cancer diagnosis is a shock to any family, especially if it was unexpected, and coming so soon after his mother's own (secret) cancer battle.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

I suspect this is the reason for the openness. If he is undergoing chemotherapy, then his appearance could change significantly, and, of course, he could lose his hair. It would become too much of a danger that pictures would emerge and cause alarm bells, so best to be open about what's happening at the very least. There's a lot of mixed messages, as has been mentioned already: announcing he has cancer (good) but not what cancer (bad). Suggestions he'll be back on duty as soon as possible (good) but things cancelled for the foreseeable and William expected to step up (bad). Camilla to continue public duties (good) but Harry coming back "soon" to see his father (bad). Clearly there is concern, but how much is hard to say - a cancer diagnosis is a shock to any family, especially if it was unexpected, and coming so soon after his mother's own (secret) cancer battle.

And of course there's the question of how much William is even willing and available to 'step up' given that mysterious abdominal surgery his wife underwent barely three weeks ago. 

Do you suppose Meghan has seen the old film “Kind Hearts & Coronets” ?

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, drunkasaskunk said:

You are lucky that you live in America.  At least you don't have to pay to keep these fuck-wits in luxury.

Neither do you.

• Like 1

First off, I rather like King Charles, so I hope that whatever cancer this is, he pulls through.  As for the discussion above, I agree that it's certainly something that is serious, at least serious enough to where he's not guaranteed to make a full recovery.  When he went into the hospital for his prostate procedure to begin with, the language was very positive, almost to encourage the public and to bring about public awareness.  That isn't the case here, as has been noted.  Just my own speculation, and perhaps most of you who are in the UK can comment on this, but I feel like Charles is the type that would be active with regular physicals and such.  And if that's the case, I don't feel like he would have colon cancer that has reached Stage III.  I feel like it would have been caught in an early stage, either I or II.  Once it gets to III, that's more of a coin flip type of situation, which would line up with how this news was released, at least in my opinion.  So if it's true that he's the type that was up on his health and doctor visits, I feel like it's probably not colon cancer.  I think the idea that he's receiving radiation therapy makes sense, and that could, of course, mean a whole slew of different types of cancer.  

Whatever it is, I do feel like there's a chance that it ends up killing him, even if it's not within the next couple of years.  I hope that's not the case.  As I said, I like the guy.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drunkasaskunk said:

niccharlie.jpg

Sturgeon is  too busy greeting over all the folk she killed with Covid for political gain.

• Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I suspect this is the reason for the openness. 

If they had to tell the second son they knew it wouldn’t be kept a secret long. 

There is no cure for baseless conspiracy theories  combined  with stupid. 

Apparently the announcement of Charles Cancer is part of a plot to push experimental cancer treatments on the world as part of the new world order!! Lots of stuff like this online. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Sod's Law said:

Rectal cancer would probably be most likely (though nowhere near certain, I'll admit). It's close to the inspection site, it's not a near-death sentence like liver or pancreatic cancer but it's still not something you can be certain he's ever going to recover from.   

My money would be on colon or bladder cancer given its close proximity to the prostate.

A medical friend of mine said my pessimism could be right however more likely a scenario is its simply too early to tell and further investigations could still be going on which would make sense also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

It is notable. Through it does say he is looking forward to returning to his duties as soon as possible. 

I feel like it might be radiotherapy rather than chemo. Particularly starting on a Monday - (Radiotherapy is often done Monday to Friday). 

It sounds more hopeful than optimistic in nature.

39 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

There is no cure for baseless conspiracy theories  combined  with stupid. 

Apparently the announcement of Charles Cancer is part of a plot to push experimental cancer treatments on the world as part of the new world order!! Lots of stuff like this online. 

Aye well - loads of conspiracist bloggers and the like get fleeting tabloid mentions when they go in a Darwin Award stylee. Not many citations required on the Wiki page of anti-vaxxers who copped it from Covid

Point being, there may be dead pooling benefits from anyone actually thinking the King's current predicament is more in David Icke's reality than the reality of a 75 year old bloke being caught up by the hand of fate. 

Oh aye, reality check on that Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_of_anti-vaccine_advocates_from_COVID-19

• Like 1

The Daily Mail say it has been caught very early and the prognosis is very good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sod's Law said:

And of course there's the question of how much William is even willing and available to 'step up' given that mysterious abdominal surgery his wife underwent barely three weeks ago. 

I keep hearing from mates of mine active in political circles that her surgery was likely an anorexia related surgery... But details are scant, and the word "likely" makes me unconvinced.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

That purple banner... :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Daily Mail say it has been caught very early and the prognosis is very good. 

They also said there was no alternative to Boris and then a few months later that we had to rally behind Truss. 

I'm believing nowt until Private Eye tell us he's okay!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

Rectal cancer would probably be most likely (though nowhere near certain, I'll admit). It's close to the inspection site, it's not a near-death sentence like liver or pancreatic cancer but it's still not something you can be certain he's ever going to recover from.   

Maybe there are people that come out on the other side of rectal cancer.  But I can't help but think of Farrah Fowcett every time I hear about this particular cancer.. Her battle was such a hard one, and she suffered greatly before it took her.

I’m not going to analyse the statement too closely because of how vague it is, but as people have suggested above I believe they have caught it reasonably early down to Charles having regular physicals and being aware of possible cancer symptoms by checking himself. 

It’s common for one nad to be slightly bigger and hang lower than the other, but not significantly - hence the initial visit. 

1 hour ago, Comped said:

I keep hearing from mates of mine active in political circles that her surgery was likely an anorexia related surgery... But details are scant, and the word "likely" makes me unconvinced.

I take it that means anorexia as in loss of appetite, rather than anorexia nervosa?  I don't think surgery is indicated for the latter.

I've thought from the start that it was a digestive disorder such as colitis or Crohn's disease.  Purely because, in terms of weight loss and recovery time after surgery, it matches the experience of someone I know.

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

I take it that means anorexia as in loss of appetite, rather than anorexia nervosa?  I don't think surgery is indicated for the latter.

I've thought from the start that it was a digestive disorder such as colitis or Crohn's disease.  Purely because, in terms of weight loss and recovery time after surgery, it matches the experience of someone I know.

Allegedly it was a complication relating to that particular diagnosis, but exactly what is rather unclear - though one of them thought it may be ulcers or something similar. All of my sources cited the weight issue as well as reasoning.

• Like 1

'This could be my last Christmas ' says the King

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Comped said:

Allegedly it was a complication relating to that particular diagnosis, but exactly what is rather unclear - though one of them thought it may be ulcers or something similar. All of my sources cited the weight issue as well as reasoning.

Ulcerative colitis?  That's what my friend had. 

Interview with an oncologist whose outlook is pretty upbeat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Ulcerative colitis?  That's what my friend had. 

I have had colitis since 2018.. It is an Auto Immune Disease, but has nothing to do with cancer.  So if they are talking cancer it is probably nothing to do with colitis

8 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

I have had colitis since 2018.. It is an Auto Immune Disease, but has nothing to do with cancer.  So if they are talking cancer it is probably nothing to do with colitis

Was talking about Kate there, not Charles...

• Like 1

Just now, Comped said:

Was talking about Kate there, not Charles...

oh sorry I missed that