Paul Bearer

King Charles III

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Never had a coin with his head on it. Not one.

Got this one in my change a few weeks ago.   The date is unbelievably hard to spot. 

C0FAE49C-B0EB-4D9A-A9B3-F47B5B1B3315.jpeg

DB35C2EA-CB8A-48C7-9DE3-88C129E9B5A6.jpeg

• Like 6

On 19/04/2024 at 15:04, The Old Crem said:

@Ulitzer95 friend probably works for one these organisations. 

Maybe once the Princess of Wales recovers and returns to work they might start preparing us for Charlie’s demise. 

And it could just as well be the reverse, in that once Charles returns to work they might start preparing us for her demise.

11 hours ago, dimreaper said:

https://nypost.com/2024/04/25/world-news/king-charles-funeral-plans-updated-amid-cancer-battle-report/

Said to be "very unwell". Not a good sign, if this article's sources are accurate.

Is this meant to be surprising? He's literally got cancer, of course he's very unwell.

11 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

TMZ reporting the same thing. Must be a lock for next year if he's not so gravely ill that he won't make it to 2025. 

People can live with cancer for years, as most of us here should know by now.

11 hours ago, TQR said:

The grapevine is awash with rumours like this. I believe them. It's not looking good. King Peggy before the end of next year, unfortunately.

There are other rumours that's he's doing as well as can be expected. Again, people can live with cancer for years.

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My intel is rarely wrong.

Not the biggest fan of Charles but certainly don't wish him ill or dead... though I can't wait for the epic apology I'm going to get from mango boy for him being a twat.

If my tone was twattish, I apologise, but your intel isn't infallible. As much as it might be difficult for him now, it doesn't mean he's done for. He wants to fight it and his doctors are throwing everything possible at it. 

1 minute ago, mymango said:

And it could just as well be the reverse, in that once Charles returns to work they might start preparing us for her demise.

Is this meant to be surprising? He's literally got cancer, of course he's very unwell.

People can live with cancer for years, as most of us here should know by now.

There are other rumours that's he's doing as well as can be expected. Again, people can live with cancer for years.

If my tone was twattish, I apologise, but your intel isn't infallible. As much as it might be difficult for him now, it doesn't mean he's done for. He wants to fight it and his doctors are throwing everything possible at it. 

It's not just one person's intel. It's multiple people, from multiple sources. I await a facepalm for pointing this out.

1 minute ago, TQR said:

It's not just one person's intel. It's multiple people, from multiple sources. I await a facepalm for pointing this out.

Yes, and it could very well be from the same source. Even so, other intel suggests he's "progressing well" in his treatment.

39 minutes ago, Toast said:

Do you use cash much?

I'm not sure if the new designs have gone into circulation yet, but the two commemorative 50p coins are out there. 

The first one was the QE2 memorial coin, and the second is the Coronation one.  I've got both, although one was given to me.

I have both too, but I'll probably have to take collecting Charles coinage more seriously if he's going to die sooner than expected.

• Haha 1

@mymango I have stayed silent long enough but you really are an irritating moron. @TQR, @Ulitzer95 and so many others on here are incredibly insightful and do a tremendous job for this forum. You should take you and your facepalms elsewhere and let genuine people carry on enjoying this website how it is intended to be enjoyed. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mymango said:

Yes, and it could very well be from the same source. Even so, other intel suggests he's "progressing well" in his treatment.

Quick gentle warning.  Please don’t try to fill this thread with your annoying drivel like you did with the Jimmy Carter thread as you might get another weeks (or longer) holiday. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your understanding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, mymango said:

This'll be my last word in this as you and royal speculation are equally tedious but they always outwardly report positivity, which is why the negative outcomes are presented merely as 'rumours'. I'll say again, multiple people from multiple sources have it that Charles is in a dire situation. Entirely up to you if you want to bury your head in the sand/his boots.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Steve said:

@mymango I have stayed silent long enough but you really are an irritating moron. @TQR, @Ulitzer95 and so many others on here are incredibly insightful and do a tremendous job for this forum. You should take you and your facepalms elsewhere and let genuine people carry on enjoying this website how it is intended to be enjoyed. 

What was moronic or irritating in what I've said? I don't dispute their contributions, just in this instance I think they should be scrutinised. I've also tried to quote insightful commentary if you had a look through my post history. I'm not facepalming anyone now, and I've enjoyed this website just as genuinely as anyone. We can agree to disagree.

7 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Quick gentle warning.  Please don’t try to fill this thread with your annoying drivel like you did with the Jimmy Carter thread as you might get another weeks (or longer) holiday. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your understanding. 

Understood. I'll try to only respond to replies directed at me today.

6 hours ago, TQR said:

This'll be my last word in this as you and royal speculation are equally tedious but they always outwardly report positivity, which is why the negative outcomes are presented merely as 'rumours'. I'll say again, multiple people from multiple sources have it that Charles is in a dire situation. Entirely up to you if you want to bury your head in the sand/his boots.

Of course he's in a dire situation, cancer is always dire. That doesn't mean he's done for.

Edited by mymango

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Do you use cash much?

I'm not sure if the new designs have gone into circulation yet, but the two commemorative 50p coins are out there. 

The first one was the QE2 memorial coin, and the second is the Coronation one.  I've got both, although one was given to me.

I have a £5 QEII memorial coin and £2 Flying Scotsman centenary coin, both bought as collectables. There are general 50p coins in circulation as you say, but I haven't seen any comms regarding other general coin values receiving his portrait, only the banknotes. If as suggested Charles only has a year or two left at most, I expect any currency in circulation with his portrait on to become very valuable given the slow/minimal rollout.

Do we know if Charles has any pillar boxes?

I find it ironic that mango believes every single rumour about Carter, to the extent he's posted the same thing multiple times and even directed us towards a bloody Wikipedia edit and yet can't even begin to imagine that Charles is in a worse condition that he's publicly saying, despite multiple reliable sources suggesting as such.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I find it ironic that mango believes every single rumour about Carter, to the extent he's posted the same thing multiple times and even directed us towards a bloody Wikipedia edit and yet can't even begin to imagine that Charles is in a worse condition that he's publicly saying, despite multiple reliable sources suggesting as such.

You could say I've learnt from experience.

Only 77 more pages to Get Carter as of now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mymango said:

54 minutes ago, mymango said:

The motto is "keep calm and carry on", not "be negative and panic". All you will hear is the "good news", but when that "good news" is about 10% of the actual story and the bad news is the 90% then you're not getting a clear picture of what's unfolding because that 90% is being withheld from public knowledge.

I've been on this forum since 2008 – and I'm curious to know if other members agree with me on this – when someone is undergoing cancer treatment the body can either reject or respond well to "treatment" (note treatment, not cure). Now, in my 16+ years on here there have been 1000s of notable names who have perished from cancer. In the instances when their illness was public knowledge prior to their demise it was always standard to put out statements saying "they're responding well to treatment" or "doing well". When your prognosis is grim you have to remain upbeat and look at the positives.

Patrick Swayze died from pancreatic cancer in 2009. When he was undergoing treatment they said he was doing somersaults at home, working out and "doing great" etc etc. The chemo was wiping out cancer cells BUT it was still advanced stage cancer at the end of the day, and we all knew it was just a matter of when, not if.

The rumours are Charles's cancer has spread and the soundbites are not good. Since I posted that initial bit of intel last week, it seems that everyone in the media and the political world now knows of this. I've brought it up in conversation and each time I've been met with "yeah I already know". It's an open secret now, so I'm not surprised that TMZ, the Daily Beast, and the New York Post are running with it. The British Press have a special unwritten code of ethics when it comes to the Royals. You won't hear anything from them other than the "official" and controlled information being funnelled from the Palace. Anyway, the latest I'm hearing is "gone by Christmas". Others have told me 2 years max. I'd suggest you go out and get your stamps and coins now mango boy.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The motto is "keep calm and carry on", not "be negative and panic". All you will hear is the "good news", but when that "good news" is about 10% of the actual story and the bad news is the 90% then you're not getting a clear picture of what's unfolding because that 90% is being withheld from public knowledge.

I've been on this forum since 2008 – and I'm curious to know if other members agree with me on this – when someone is undergoing cancer treatment the body can either reject or respond well to "treatment" (note treatment, not cure). Now, in my 16+ years on here there have been 1000s of notable names who have perished from cancer. In the instances when their illness was public knowledge prior to their demise it was always standard to put out statements saying "they're responding well to treatment" or "doing well". When your prognosis is grim you have to remain upbeat and look at the positives.

Patrick Swayze died from pancreatic cancer in 2009. When he was undergoing treatment they said he was doing somersaults at home, working out and "doing great" etc etc. The chemo was wiping out cancer cells BUT it was still advanced stage cancer at the end of the day, and we all knew it was just a matter of when, not if.

The rumours are Charles's cancer has spread and the soundbites are not good. Since I posted that initial bit of intel last week, it seems that everyone in the media and the political world now knows of this. I've brought it up in conversation and each time I've been met with "yeah I already know". It's an open secret now, so I'm not surprised that TMZ, the Daily Beast, and the New York Post are running with it. The British Press have a special unwritten code of ethics when it comes to the Royals. You won't hear anything from them other than the "official" and controlled information being funnelled from the Palace. Anyway, the latest I'm hearing is "gone by Christmas". Others have told me 2 years max. I'd suggest you go out and get your stamps and coins now mango boy.

I don't accept this narrative at all. It's absolutely ridiculous to assume that when he's literally planning to tour Australia later this year.

29 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

I have a £5 QEII memorial coin and £2 Flying Scotsman centenary coin, both bought as collectables. There are general 50p coins in circulation as you say, but I haven't seen any comms regarding other general coin values receiving his portrait, only the banknotes. If as suggested Charles only has a year or two left at most, I expect any currency in circulation with his portrait on to become very valuable given the slow/minimal rollout.

Do we know if Charles has any pillar boxes?

King Charles coins aren't that small in number, it's just that all these clickbait news articles have caused them (and any other commemoratves) to be hoarded away by the people who have the most exposure (bank workers, post office workers). I really don't understand why anyone wants to hoard them that badly with the belief that they'll be worth a fortune in the future, when they're crappy base metal coins and the pool of coin collectors is nowhere near large enough that the entire lot can't reasonably acquire one at face value. 

This never used to be a problem before the media got obsessed with "collectible coins in your change". I put together an entire set of commemoratives, including a few complete sets of the Olympic series and the Kew Gardens, entirely from pocket change and a couple of eagle-eyed people helping me - the only non-conventional source I had was a local post office, when I got down to the last couple of Olympics and was getting a bit desperate. The point is, they were out there and I'm confident I could still have completed the set even without their assistance. It's like all this invented hype about AA series banknotes, or AK47 code banknotes - the serious collectors amongst us recognise they're not special but the ignorant public don't because The Sun has told them that they're worth a fortune.

1 minute ago, mymango said:

I don't accept this narrative at all. It's absolutely ridiculous to assume that when he's literally planning to tour Australia later this year.

That will get cancelled nearer the time.

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My sister is a PhD level cancer scientist and yeah, pretty much this. How functional you are is (from my understanding of the technical stuff she conveys) dependent on the type of cancer you have. Certain cancers such as pancreatic cancer are especially difficult because you can be very advanced and not even know you have it, and the treatments that are available to a patient depend on exactly what their cancer is and how likely they would be to withstand the intensity. 

Responding to treatment doesn't mean that his prognosis is good, it just means that the type of therapy being used is not causing any detrimental effects, and is keeping him comfortable. It absolutely doesn't mean he's necessarily getting better, or even improving.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

. Anyway, the latest I'm hearing is "gone by Christmas". Others have told me 2 years max. I'd suggest you go out and get your stamps and coins now mango boy.

Jeezus. Would suggest something like Pancreatic if that quick. Given how late that's generally detected. (Unless you get extremely lucky like Eric Idle)

1 hour ago, mymango said:

I mean, you've spent the last week on this thread trying to convince everyone he'll pull through, so evidently it is a surprise to you that he's "very unwell".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

I mean, you've spent the last week on this thread trying to convince everyone he'll pull through, so evidently it is a surprise to you that he's "very unwell".

It's more the way people are acting as if he doesn't have a chance, as if they've got a crystal ball. He's definitely got a chance, he's not given up nor have his doctors. People can live for years with the disease.

1 hour ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

It's cause Prince Charles is a friend of the mango community.

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

2049014287_Screenshot2024-04-26at13_43_00.png.6b68c5a07dd5816e72f7b600043abb4a.png

mango molester has moved on from facepalms to angry reacts.

I'm not sure why. I'm just echoing what I've been told, and weighing in with my evaluation.

ucanthandlethetruth-jack-nicholson.gif.4f8e8bfb18097f5077e85ca7a1db4607.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1