Spade_Cooley

Tom Parker

Maybe worth keeping off the list for next year.

Still, it's worth recognising that he isn't going to live on for years, for example Mo Mowlam who went on for another 7 years. She had a medium-sized glioma, which is more manageable. A glioblastoma is the most aggressive type of brain cancer.

23 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Maybe worth keeping off the list for next year.

Still, it's worth recognising that he isn't going to live on for years, for example Mo Mowlam who went on for another 7 years. She had a medium-sized glioma, which is more manageable. A glioblastoma is the most aggressive type of brain cancer.

I think it’s unlikely he was going to make the list next year no matter his condition. 

The wanted have been promoting their cover of Stay Another Day and he looks quite well for someone terminally Ill. 

Oh dear. Generally, as soon as things get all prayersie, it’s fucked. Just my luck after dropping him from my DDP team :facepalm:

I reckon he’s on the final stretch. He used to film himself on his Instagram story on a daily basis but hasn’t showed his face on it for months, his wife has been quiet on the social media front too.

Since Christmas he hasn’t posted a recent photo of himself either. 

It's written a little overly dramatic:

He's still tweeting like crazy, not on his deathbed yet.

Still, cant tell if it's just a regular chemo cycle that's about to begin, or whether the tumour starting growing again. The latter would not be what I'd like to hear in February (nor would, Tom).

Edit: It still seems though that some March appearances are still on?

• Like 1

He might make 2023.  Would be outright shocked if he makes 2024.  Glioblastoma is just an insidious form of cancer, it's rare that someone lives for more than 2 years with it, and it can go downhill really, really quickly.  I watched my cousin die of it.  It sucks.  Given that he's almost certainly going to die this year or next year, I kept him on my list.  Hey, I'd love to be wrong, but the odds aren't in Mr. Parker's favor.  

12 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

He might make 2023.  Would be outright shocked if he makes 2024.  Glioblastoma is just an insidious form of cancer, it's rare that someone lives for more than 2 years with it, and it can go downhill really, really quickly.  I watched my cousin die of it.  It sucks.  Given that he's almost certainly going to die this year or next year, I kept him on my list.  Hey, I'd love to be wrong, but the odds aren't in Mr. Parker's favor.  

It is very similar to pancreatic cancer in the way it is so stubborn resistant  and ferociously relentless. I too know someone who  died of glioblastoma .She was diagnosed at 79 and we were told yeah say goodbyes but she carried on for 14 months.Last few months were bleak though.I think she lasted as long as she did as they caught it earlier than in most cases and were able to do surgery almost immediately then chemotherapy and radiotherapy.They only operated as she was otherwise extremely healthy and it was caught early.Was known before all that this was only going one way and we were all surprised she lasted as long as she did.

The Sun have republished  the interview his wife did in September.. I can’t quite work out why.

On 27/02/2022 at 15:21, gcreptile said:

Getting fit for the upcoming tour by going to Spain and doing something more "holistic" in addition to the NHS measures:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/17788140/tom-parker-brain-cancer-treatment-spain/

According to this he won't be present at their shows in Spain

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/17824557/tom-parker-the-wanted-gigs-brain-cancer/

• Sad 1

Twitter Video of him on stage on tour last night.

Only comes on for one song and sits down for it's entirety. Doesn't look like he can stand or walk without assistance anymore, he also can't seem to open an eye from what I've seen from Instagram stories.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Twitter Video of him on stage on tour last night.

Only comes on for one song and sits down for it's entirety. Doesn't look like he can stand or walk without assistance anymore, he also can't seem to open an eye from what I've seen from Instagram stories.

Got to feel bad for him, it's truly awful going through that at such a young age. Sadly doesn't seem like he has long left. Loads of us didn't buy the "improving" stories at the end of last year and it seems we were correct to be sceptical.

• Like 6

I do note that some glio cases can take even longer. Look at what happened to Chris Doleman, eventually he spent nearly a year wheelchair bound. So not a lock for this year, but clearly a deterioration from a few months earlier. In some ways you do hope it takes quicker so he doesn’t have to suffer as long as others did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Got to feel bad for him, it's truly awful going through that at such a young age. Sadly doesn't seem like he has long left. Loads of us didn't buy the "improving" stories at the end of last year and it seems we were correct to be sceptical.

Here's wishing him at least 10 more months, from someone who bought into this guy just being a tease again this year

• Like 1

Certainly deteriorating .Heartbreaking.

0_image-10.png

• Sad 2

Someone I know from another forum was at the Wanted concert tonight. They said he was brought out at in a grand chair at the end but was too sick to sing. 

Despite calling it wrong I’m kinda glad he went quickly and didn’t get into a Chris Doleman like situation and be in a terrible state for a year. Poor sod though, I really hope his family is doing well

and thus ends any chance I had in most pools this year