Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Some kind of choking game I believe. I know of someone who lost their son in a similar manner, though he was a couple of years older than Archie.

Well, Archie's family need to be open about it.  Keeping it all hush-hush won't save the lives of other kids who may try it.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Well, Archie's family need to be open about it.  Keeping it all hush-hush won't save the lives of other kids who may try it.

We only have the mum's word that this is what happened. I could also have been suicide.

25 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

We only have the mum's word that this is what happened. I could also have been suicide.

Yeah, we know nowt. It could even have been a genuine accident. 

Not sure what to make of a surreal half-time exchange heard at Colchester United as I bought my tea. Two supporters leaning on a wall with beers: 

- That Archie Battersbee is dead.

- Weren't we gonna sign him?

17 hours ago, Toast said:

There is something unlikable about them. I get the impression that they are going to cling to this tragedy until they wring every last bit of publicity they can from it. Their last chance saloon bid to win crumbs from the Courts by trying to move him to a hospice was utterly pathetic and would’ve been in no-ones interest had it even been granted.

Instead of actually campaigning about what actually killed their son/loved one - the online games he participated in whilst being given unsupervised access to the internet - they have already started campaigning about THEIR rights over end of life care: http://Archie Battersbee: No parent must go through this again - family https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-62455467

Sadly I fear that this whole saga has never been in Archie’s best interests, but instead the interest of the family keeping themselves firmly in the spotlight for as long as they possibly can.

The only parties more contemptible are their religious backers who have encouraged this behaviour in a not-so-subtle attempt to win over a high profile spokesperson for their illogical and cruel mission. 

Alternatively, I will happily accept that I’m a bit of a cunt for even suggested this…

• Like 3

I have had similar vibes especially over the hospice application which flies against their earlier argument that he wasn't well enough to be moved to undergo an MRI.

• Like 2

• Angry 4

2 hours ago, Toast said:

That photo is from weeks ago, hence the Jubilee stuff. The mother was aware of it and gave approval.

Just another head case on Twitter trying to defame an MP cos she's a Tory.

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That photo is from weeks ago, hence the Jubilee stuff. The mother was aware of it and gave approval.

Just another head case on Twitter trying to defame an MP cos she's a Tory.

I believe thats Toast's point!

All I'll say, because frankly grief makes people act in all kinds of ways, is that if my kid was lying in a gravely ill condition in hospital, ain't no one would be allowed near them with a camera.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

I believe thats Toast's point!

All I'll say, because frankly grief makes people act in all kinds of ways, is that if my kid was lying in a gravely ill condition in hospital, ain't no one would be allowed near them with a camera.

My point still stands. The tweet is wholly inaccurate, and the user in question is weaponising a dead child in order to defame an MP. It's them who should be ashamed.

It's not her child. She should leave it be. His mum was fighting hard to keep the case in the press and get high profile coverage. She was throwing everything she could at it. Photo is a bit tasteless with the smiling and posing but talk about blowing things completely out of proportion in terms of the Twitter mob and their faux outrage.

• Like 1

I know it was weeks ago, but the poor child was brain-dead with no hope of recovery.

Look at them grinning. 

I agree with the poster, this wasn't treating him with dignity.

And I would say this about anyone who posed like this in such a photo, MP of any party or any other publicity seeker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

I know it was weeks ago, but the poor child was brain-dead with no hope of recovery.

Look at them grinning. 

And I would say this about anyone who posed like this in such a photo, MP of any party or any other publicity seeker.

I thought Nicola Sturgeon's 100+ pic Auschwitz photoshoot was more tasteless. The Twitter mob didn't even blink on that one, cos she's on the left.

I seem to have touched a nerve :D

18 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I thought Nicola Sturgeon's 100+ pic Auschwitz photoshoot was more tasteless. The Twitter mob didn't even blink on that one, cos she's on the left.

Everyone knows shes a shameless attention seeker. 

Just ask Liz.

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

Look at them grinning. 

I agree .I would not dream of taking a picture of a sick family member unless there was a medical reason for doing so (hospital acquired injury etc) but even then I would not publish it.I would only ever give permission for a picture like that to be posted in the media if a relative had been attacked as part of an appeal.

It is just undignified a bit like the pictures of Zsa Zsa Gabor in her final years.It is unflattering and not consensual.

• Like 1

The family now want an inquest again for what purpose?He had a ligature around his neck which caused the brain to be starved and lead to brain stem death.It was a tragic event and they have my sympathy but how they think things could have gone differently baffles me.It appears all protocol was followed to care for him but the damage was simply too catastrophic and irreversible.

The plot thickens.

Rule number one of medication administration (and I have professional experience of administering medication) is check the packaging and instructions of the drug to make sure it is correct and you have the right route of administration.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

She's got a lot of form if you google her real name, Lisa Pittaway.

Why hasn’t the lovely Hollie/Lisa/??? got her own thread yet? It’d get more action than some of the living corpses that have recently got one.

David McCullough dead at 89. A distinguished author, historian, film maker and narrator. My memory of him is always as the narrator of The Civil War by Ken Burns. For me one of the finest tv documentary series of all time.

• Facepalm 2

Music entrepreneur and founder of Metropolis Records Dave Heckman died aged 68 on 29th July. Found out about this via Desert Mountain Tribe facebook page. They're an excellent psych-rock band on his label.

https://www.inquirer.com/obituaries/dave-heckman-obituary-metropolis-records-digital-underground-music-philadelphia-20220804.html