Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

Michael Benjamin, alias " Mikaben " , famous Haitian singer dies yesterday at 41.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article267368277.html

He had a cardiac arrest while performing as guest in the Carimi ( Haitian band ) concert yesterday in Paris.

Here is a video of him falling on the ground 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Guardian obit for British clown Arthur Vercoe Pedlar (wiki), aged 89. He was also President of the World Clown Association... yeah, apparently that's a thing.

ezgif-2-e0dec7a634.jpg.31056510d32364df869b89af757599d5.jpg

Lost my patience with the search function trying to see if we had a thread on clowns. Hundreds of results came up, but nearly all from the Boris Johnson thread. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Guardian obit for British clown Arthur Vercoe Pedlar (wiki), aged 89. He was also President of the World Clown Association... yeah, apparently that's a thing.

ezgif-2-e0dec7a634.jpg.31056510d32364df869b89af757599d5.jpg

Lost my patience with the search function trying to see if we had a thread on clowns. Hundreds of results came up, but nearly all from the Boris Johnson thread. :rolleyes:

Now that's interesting.

Deliberately vague 2023 hint. :D

• Like 1

Art critic and previous shortlister Peter Schjeldahl is dead at 80

• Like 3

Flautist and ever-popular mainstay of children's television in the 70s and 80s, Atarah Ben-Tovim, has sadly died according to Twiiter

Screenshot_20221021-225710_Twitter.jpg

• Like 2

I noticed that it's been months since Ray Liotta yet there has been no word about his cause of death. Some celebs die and there's no cause ever revealed but its unusual for someone as relatively young as him or as famous as he was to have no cause of death revealed. This leads me to speculate that his cause of death might be something his family might want to hide. Maybe a drug overdose?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

I noticed that it's been months since Ray Liotta yet there has been no word about his cause of death. Some celebs die and there's no cause ever revealed but its unusual for someone as relatively young as him or as famous as he was to have no cause of death revealed. This leads me to speculate that his cause of death might be something his family might want to hide. Maybe a drug overdose?

It was odd how he died at such a young age. It's still hard to watch Goodfellas and remember that Ray Liotta is dead. It's just so eerie.

• Like 1

A family member of his posted about his death (before it was confirmed) on Reddit as u/elijahwoodman81 and said he had been in poor health for a while to the point where he couldn't walk without pain, and that his death appeared to be a heart attack.

His account got suspended and a lot of his comments are gone, but the threads are still semi-legible:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uy89nu/ray_liotta_will_be_announced_dead_today/

https://www.reddit.com/r/confessions/comments/uy7xjv/deleted_by_user/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

10-time national cheerleading champion Eric Ortiz dies suddenly at only 30 years old:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/24/eric-ortiz-world-champion-cheerleader-university-louisville-dead-ncaa/

Should be a hell of a funeral mind, a human pyramid tumbling the coffin into the ground, or summat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hollywood Reporter for Christine Farnon, the Recording Academy’s first full-time employee and one of its longest-serving, died on Monday Oct. 24 in the Los Angeles area of natural causes. She was 97. 

Christine Farnon and Les Brown

• Like 1

"Righteous among the Nations" are people of different nationalities who saved Jews during the Nazi occupation. 

One of the two remaining "righteous men", Ivan Levchuk, died in Ulyanovsk on 5 October at the age of 92.

Photo: Ivan Levchuk, left, saved by him - Yakov Belilovsky in the centre, 2003, Israeli embassy.

https://rg.ru/2022/10/26/reg-pfo/v-ulianovske-skonchalsia-odin-iz-pravednikov-narodov-mira.html

dsc_0655_int_035.jpg

• Like 2

On 26/06/2022 at 13:05, Ulitzer95 said:

Dad's Army – Caroline Dowdeswell (77) who played Janet King is still alive, as is Michael Knowles (85) who played Captain Cutts.

The Army Game – Frank Williams MAY have been the last surviving cast member. Depends if Michael Stainton (b. 1935, IMDb) is still with us. His last role was in 2002. The GRO Index tends to suggest that he was alive up to 2021, and I'd expect his passing to be noted somewhere as he was very prolific, even though he only really played supporting roles.

Not sure if this was ever looked into, but the current Equity Magazine has Michael Stainton as dead. There's a Michael Stainton probate granted in 2019, but unlikely given the information above and nothing else, and there's this from Tweetermusk, so maybe something else elsewhere?: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That settles it then – the entire cast of The Army Game is now gone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That settles it then – the entire cast of The Army Game is now gone.

The entire cast of what? 

Gone, and forgotten, then :rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The entire cast of what? 

Gone, and forgotten, then :rolleyes:

Should give it a watch. Pretty good show for its time. Amazing cast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Should give it a watch. Pretty good show for its time. Amazing cast.

Aye, was just joshing but read the Wiki page in the meantime, amazing cast, frankly. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, was just joshing but read the Wiki page in the meantime, amazing cast, frankly. 

I watched an episode of it, online, a while back.

I was quite surprised at how good it was.

I wonder if that was one of the first UK situation comedies?

11 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Hancock's Half Hour preceded it by a year, but it was definitely one of the first, yeah.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I watched an episode of it, online, a while back.

I was quite surprised at how good it was.

Point about Hancock's Half Hour is right but The Army Game is where ITV started with sit-coms.

• Like 2

Possibly off-topic but I wonder what the most recent UK sitcom is where every regular is dead? Oh No It’s Selwyn Froggitt (1974-1978) is one.

• Like 1

Not every regular, but On The Up (1990-1992) has the three main stars dead, all major actors and only one of them was playing an "old person".

MV5BOWUzNzYxZmMtYzE1OC00MWU1LThiZTQtZWUy

Weird coincidence this one. All three surviving winners of the Boston Marathon from the 1950s died in the last few months.

South Korean Ham Kee-yong (wikidied yesterday, aged 92. He was the 1950 winner.
Japan's Shigeki Tanaka (wikidied in October, aged 91. He was the 1951 winner.
Finland's Eino Oksanen (wikidied in August, aged 91. He was the 1959 winner and 1961/1962 winner.

The earliest living now is Belgian Aurèle Vandendriessche (wiki) who is 90 and was the 1963/1964 winner.

• Like 3