Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Although it has already been posted in the fringes of fame thread, if you read the article she actually died last year, so should be in the Dead of 2021.

That doesn't mean we want to hear about it twice though.

• Shocked 1

French playwright Jean-Pierre Gredy died at 101. RIP

• Like 2

Chris Huvane, the Management 360 partner who repped Margot Robbie, Margaret Qualley and Chadwick Boseman, has died, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed on Monday. He was 47. Huvane died of an apparent suicide

Hollywood Reporter Obit

Interesting one, at least I found it interesting.

Harvy Blanks, an actor who appeared in several productions of August Wilson plays making it to Broadway in 2017 as Shealy in the play Jitney and also had some TV roles is being reported dead: 

IBDB: https://www.ibdb.com/broadway-cast-staff/harvy-blanks-406762

What was interesting to me is that in 1969, he was one of some players on the University of Washington Husky football team who were thrown off the team by the coach Jim Owens in what can probably be described as blatant racism. Owens had asked for a pledge of personal loyalty and when he didn't get it from the black players he essentially got rid of them. At some point a player's picture was removed from the wall and replaced with a picture of an African with a bone through his nose. Some players were reinstated, Blanks wasn't - possibly because he was sidelined anyway with a broken foot. All the players thrown out, including Blanks, were inducted into the Husky Hall of Fame only in 2021.

No age on his IMDB/IBDB profiles, but Clustrmaps indicates there was a Harvy Blanks resident in Denver, aged 73.

• Like 4

Australian journalist, essayist, academic, cultural observer and critic Craig McGregor died at 88. RIP

OBITUARY

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

I'm finding it hard to believe I didn't start a thread for him.

Is this what you meant?

Veteran Chinese actor Chang Feng died at 98

Obituary

• Like 1

Spanish actress Alice Hermida dead at 89

• Like 1

American actor Ruben Karapetyan dead at 74

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American actor Ruben Karapetyan dead at 74

Can you not report every person you see pop up on the "Deaths in 2022" page.

This person was an Armenian actor not American. Just further proves you have no idea who you post about.

Very annoying to see you post every 5 minutes about a name no one cares about....that we have all seen already on the wiki page!

If your going to spam post, at least make it interesting. What did Ruben do that makes him notable? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MortalCaso said:

Can you not report every person you see pop up on the "Deaths in 2022" page.

This person was an Armenian actor not American. Just further proves you have no idea who you post about.

Very annoying to see you post every 5 minutes about a name no one cares about....that we have all seen already on the wiki page!

If your going to spam postjust don't.

FTFY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gisooo is the 2022 version of Iain.

I will give it two months.

• Thanks 1

On 19/11/2018 at 13:19, alt obits guy said:

Frances Taylor Davis, the first wife of Miles Davis, has died.  She was 89.

https://www.essence.com/celebrity/frances-taylor-davis-first-wife-miles-davis-dies/

On 19/11/2018 at 19:36, gcreptile said:

Reminds me I still want to watch the documentary on his second wife Betty Davis that came out this year.

Betty Davis being widely reported as dead, Tweetwise: 

Funk raunch singer in her own right with a couple of minor Billboard hits. Cult figure?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Funk raunch singer in her own right with a couple of minor Billboard hits. Cult figure?

Ah fuck, she was good, really good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

As I own one of Betty’s records and none of her ex’s, she’s clearly the more talented one. Either that or I prefer sleazy funk to jazz or whatever mutant genre you wish to put Bitches Brew and the 70s stuff into.

• Haha 1

"Legendary" homeless man Glenn Skinner, living/existing in the Devon area has died at 50:

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/legendary-homeless-man-glenn-skinner-6642174

There's a gofundme for a funeral, I wonder if they'll collect more money than he was ever given while alive.

• Like 2

Jack Jeffery who was a prof rugby player has died aged 27 after getting injured on the pitch. (ITV News)

Is there a 27 club thread as I couldn't find one?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Jack Jeffery who was a prof rugby player has died aged 27 after getting injured on the pitch. (ITV News)

Yes, there is:

Hasn't been used very much during the last two years. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Rugby is not my strong subject by any means but I think Evesham is an amateur club.

Val Robinson, English national field hockey player for over 20 years (!), sometime ladies footballer and winner on two occasions of the sport based competition show Superstars, dead aged 80: https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/media/news/hockey-legend-val-robinson-passes-away-aged-80

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm11624140/

• Like 4