Grim Reaper

Ted Kaczynski

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Yes, we posted that they gave him roughly until late 2022/early 2023. The list didn't listen here.

‘If you listen to ‘they’ all the time, when they are talking about a prisoner, you’ll have a bad day’

[insert South Park meme - I’ll make one for you if needed].

• Like 2

First true miss of the year, such a stupid drop.

• Like 8

Sounds like his death was sudden as it’s being said he was found dead in his cell. 

• Like 1

Update will happen now, with the "normal" 9 points, but maaaaybe someone helped him die? If it was the cancer, he would have been transported to a hospital, like it happened late last year?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Update will happen now, with the "normal" 9 points, but maaaaybe someone helped him die? If it was the cancer, he would have been transported to a hospital, like it happened late last year?

Possibly. But he could have also simply helped himself to die or just died suddenly. 

• Like 1

I can't believe I forgot to put him on my shadow list, especially after the cancer reports. I could've sworn he was on there. Anyway fuck this guy. He's got a one-way ticket to HELL.

Also, all these criminals/evil people have been dying over the past 30 days. Rolf Harris, Ted Kaczynski, Pat Robertson, AND Robert Hanssen in only 30 days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

He was in a medical facility anyway.

Did Pat Robertson say some not-so-nice things? Yes, plenty of times. However, the reaction to his death on this forum has been harsher than Kaczynski, who killed 3 people and injured about two dozen. Why is this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathClock said:

Did Pat Robertson say some not-so-nice things? Yes, plenty of times. However, the reaction to his death on this forum has been harsher than Kaczynski, who killed 3 people and injured about two dozen. Why is this?

I'd say it's more the long term impact.

Kaczynski is obviously a bad person, but he hasn't had a major impact aside from being seen as a key figure in Anarcho-primitivism. His actions don't really affect modern day to day life.

Whereas Robertson was one of the key people responsible for the rise of evangelicalism within (traditionally) right-wing politics. His (and other's) actions can still be seen today in the (personal bias here) vile, hate-filled rhetoric being used by certain mainstream politicians, which dare I say has indirectly led to the deaths of many more than Kaczynski's actions. 

There's also the fact that Robertson is still a widely praised figure making him more dis-likeable, whereas with Kaczynski, some who support his ideas but very few support his methods, so hating him goes without saying.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DeathClock said:

Thought I'd better refresh my memory so watched a documentary.

Reasons? Well,

(i) It's light entertainment Saturday night in the UK. Everybody needs a break from the Forum.

(ii) He's relatively unknown in the UK - I know it was fairly big news in the USA - but perhaps not that much - people kept opening packages!

(iii) There's the whole age thing too. I mean, I'd have been of an age to take a passing interest at the time, but really a lot of Forum users wouldn't be old enough to recall the events as they happened.

(iv) His latter bombs in particular, though the worst, were really nothing compared with the atrocities of the time like the bombs at the World Trade Center (sic) and Oklahoma City.

(v) We can look back through the prism of today too. Some of us look at the USA which allows mass shootings with weapons of war killing loads of folk at one sitting and hundreds of people a year today and think, well, it took him 17 years to kill 3 folk.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, he's a bit of a footnote. Nobody was as surprised as me when he got a place on the DL. A bad 'un certainly, whether there are worse mass murderers more deserving of our attention, debate at leisure.

57 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I'd say it's more the long term impact.

Kaczynski is obviously a bad person, but he hasn't had a major impact aside from being seen as a key figure in Anarcho-primitivism. His actions don't really affect modern day to day life.

Whereas Robertson was one of the key people responsible for the rise of evangelicalism within (traditionally) right-wing politics. His (and other's) actions can still be seen today in the (personal bias here) vile, hate-filled rhetoric being used by certain mainstream politicians, which dare I say has indirectly led to the deaths of many more than Kaczynski's actions. 

There's also the fact that Robertson is still a widely praised figure making him more dis-likeable, whereas with Kaczynski, some who support his ideas but very few support his methods, so hating him goes without saying.

This is a very well-reasoned answer. I respect it, thank you. 

• Like 1

I knew him primarily from an academic footnote I once saw on Twitter ("mostly known for his other work"). 

Yeah, someone helped him. 

6 hours ago, Superstar said:

Oh come on, he had terminal cancer, and suicide rates are much more common among people with physical disease. He only had about a year left, so I'm not that shocked he wanted his life to end faster. I have no reason to believe it was a murder.

I'm inclided to agree with this for several reasons:

1)  Kaczynski was moved in Dec 2021 to the medical facility

2)  his letter to a penpal in early 2022 (written Jan/Feb?) states he had two years at most with his terminal cancer; still unknown type of cancer

3)  his death in June 2023 is 19 months after he was moved

4)  his father commited suicide by gunshot in October 1990, having been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 1990

5)  he wrote about his father's suicide in his 2016 book

'Like father, like son' seems to fit.  I've yet to see point #4 mentioned in any obits or references to the Unabomber's reported suicide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaDeathGuy said:

Weird. Got another Epstein situation where you have to wonder how he got the material to do it.

I don't believe that Epstein was killed by anyone, however the problem with this is that Epstein was going to testify, so why would the deep state:tm: want Ted dead? There is zero reason as to why he needed to die NOW after spreading a few decades behind bars.

11 hours ago, DaDeathGuy said:

Weird. Got another Epstein situation where you have to wonder how he got the material to do it.

So, do all you reactors know something I don't? Please, enlighten me.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1