Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

BAH GAWD. THAT'S.... THAT'S CAIN'S MUSIC! Who among us doesn't hold a soft sport for the town of Lakewood, Ohio, the birthplace of Teri Garr and Cars' bassist Benjamin Orr? Madeline Cain served as its mayor between 1997 and 2003, becoming the first woman to hold that position, although her mayorship was most notable for a failed program to seize residential homes using eminent domain and turn them into retail developments. Her passing sees msc sneak ahead in their match and Salmon Mousse open up a six-point lead on alt obits guy.

Keen to stay in his native New York, Tommy Davis was set to sign for the Yankees before a phone call from the great Jackie Robinson persuaded him to start his career at the Brooklyn Dodgers. By the time he took the field as a professional, they'd moved to Los Angeles. What a rib. Davis' career peaked early, being a World Series champion and a three-time All-Star by the age of 24. He latter settled into the role of journeyman, with allegations of laziness seeing him moved on from 10 different teams before his career ended. One team he's staying with though is Joey Russ' April Cup squad, with a unique hit giving him a seven-point advantage over Perhaps and the chance to start getting the pencil out for May.

Annami 0 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  3 v BabyBlue 0

Salmon Mousse 9 v alt obits guy 3

YorkshireBanker 0 v DevonDeathTrip 3

Joey Russ 10 v Perhaps 3

Captain Hemlock 3 v  The Old Crem 0

gcreptile 3 v msc 6 

Banana 3 v Sir Cunto 3

• Like 1

Duma confirms Zhirinovsky's dead, which I know will be of interest here

Wanting to carpet bomb Poland and set fire to Paris are emotions most people only experience during Eurovision, but for Vladimir Zhirinovsky they were his bread and butter. Son of Israeli agronomist, Zhirinovsky first came to attention as the leader of the Liberal Democratic Party of the Soviet Union - a controlled opposition set up by the KGB in the dying days of the USSR. Since then he has been the face of the wacky far-right in Russia, suggesting that Putin should conquer Asia "from Istanbul to Kabul," starting fistfights in the Duma and requesting Donald Trump's DNA so he could see if they're related. One swab he should have taken was a PCR test, then maybe he wouldn't have spent the past two months slowly dying from COVID. Ten teams get points with his passing, with Annami (moving ahead of TQR on average age) and Joey Russ (captain cash-in) being the biggest victors. За здоровье!

Annami 3 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  6 v BabyBlue 3

Salmon Mousse 12 v alt obits guy 6

Joey Russ 13 v Perhaps 6

Captain Hemlock 9 v  The Old Crem 0

gcreptile 6 v msc 9 

Banana 3 v Sir Cunto 3

• Like 2

Nicely done @Annami, game well and truly on now!

• Like 1

Looks like my pick Kate Hendricks Thomas has died: 

No QO atm, but regardless Perhaps might want to look away right now…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ask any random stranger on the street to name their favourite former transportation minister of Belize, and the name Melvin Hulse is more than likely to pop up. Hulse's frontline political career actually came to an end in 2015 when audio recordings were leaked of him claiming that the PM, Dean Barrow, had paid a $2m bribe to win a by-election. Is a seat in Belizean parliament really worth $2m? Regardless, you can't put a price on a DL Cup unique, so Sir Cunto puts some daylight between himself and Banana.

Annami 3 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  6 v BabyBlue 3

Salmon Mousse 12 v alt obits guy 6

Joey Russ 13 v Perhaps 6

gcreptile 6 v msc 9 

Banana 3 v Sir Cunto 7

A Kate Hendricks Thomas QO should be around soon as the bill in her name is being passed.

On 01/04/2022 at 11:41, Sir Creep said:

Hiatt has a 0% chance of dying in April so it’s irrelevant.  She should be allowed though.  I wrote ‘May’ next to her name.  You should have done the same.  Did you watch her latest video she’s still walking down STAIRS ffs that isn’t conducive of death.

Jessica Hiatt has died. No cup points though for anyone of course, but she clearly had some chance of dying in April

• Like 2

John Catoir has gone to the Lord, praise Jesus:

Well, now my team is waiting on two obits.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2022 at 04:41, Sir Creep said:

Hiatt has a 0% chance of dying in April so it’s irrelevant.  She should be allowed though.  I wrote ‘May’ next to her name.  You should have done the same.  Did you watch her latest video she’s still walking down STAIRS ffs that isn’t conducive of death.

Dead of course lol

Rayfield Wright - Dallas Cowboys great - Dead

Points for Salmon Mousse and Sir Cunto.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 15:59, Spade_Cooley said:

A Kate Hendricks Thomas QO should be around soon as the bill in her name is being passed.

Looks like I'm not winning this round. But, I can still be a good sport about it. See if this is acceptable for a QO for Kate Hendricks Thomas.

https://coffeeordie.com/kate-thomas-marine-corps/

• Like 1

All you dumb arses who ignored @Sideik exposing Melvin Hulse to us all.

Sir Cunto thanks you for a SOLO hit!

Dead!

Two-fer day for SC!  (And I’m still checking names)

I smell a rotting Banana.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

All you dumb arses who gave up on Melvin Hulse.

Sir Cunto thanks you for a SOLO hit!

Dead!

Two-fer day for SC!  (And I’m still checking names)

I smell a rotting Banana.

In fairness, this was yesterday and you already got points for it :clivedunn:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Banana said:

In fairness, this was yesterday and you already got points for it :clivedunn:

Hadn’t seen it.  No one posted it on the main boards after all.

In any case, I’m getting caught up on things lol

So this is the Salmon Mousse roundup, as the reigning DDP champion gets three hits on the trot in their push for the double. Kate Hendricks Thomas' QO took a little while to come (even though she managed a C-SPAN mention due to being named in some US political gumf the day after her death), but Defense One came through. "Doc Kate" was a former marine who took what she learned in the military and span it into a career of TED Talks and numerous publications. However, something else she took from her time in the field was carcinogen exposure from burn pits in Iraq, leading to her death from breast cancer at the age of 42. gcreptile, Joey Russ and Banana all join Salmon in getting points from her final demob.

A priest for over 60 years, Father John Catoir founded the St. Jude Media Ministry in 1995 in an effort to spread the good word. It was most famous for its short, 30-second broadcasts in the commercials of various Westwood One stations, informing listeners: "Don't be discouraged. You're a good person and the Lord loves you very much." gcreptile and Salmon Mousse's opponents may do well to heed those words, as they both grabbed another three points here.

"Big Cat" Rayfield Wright was an NFL hall of famer who won two Super Bowls as offensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys. At 6'6 he'd originally set his heart on a future in basketball, but was persuaded to switch to the gridiron by coaches at his college. He was named to the NFL Team of the Decade for the 1970s and, unsurprisingly for an NFL player of that era, he had early-onset dementia. A stroke in late March speeded up his demise, and Sir Cunto joins Salmon Mousse in the three points.

Annami 3 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  6 v BabyBlue 3

Salmon Mousse 21 v alt obits guy 6

Joey Russ 16 v Perhaps 6

gcreptile 12 v msc 9 

Banana 6 v Sir Cunto 10

• Like 2

On 08/04/2022 at 16:15, Spade_Cooley said:

So this is the Salmon Mousse roundup, as the reigning DDP champion gets three hits on the trot in their push for the double. Kate Hendricks Thomas' QO took a little while to come (even though she managed a C-SPAN mention due to being named in some US political gumf the day after her death), but Defense One came through. "Doc Kate" was a former marine who took what she learned in the military and span it into a career of TED Talks and numerous publications. However, something else she took from her time in the field was carcinogen exposure from burn pits in Iraq, leading to her death from breast cancer at the age of 42. gcreptile, Joey Russ and Banana all join Salmon in getting points from her final demob.

A priest for over 60 years, Father John Catoir founded the St. Jude Media Ministry in 1995 in an effort to spread the good word. It was most famous for its short, 30-second broadcasts in the commercials of various Westwood One stations, informing listeners: "Don't be discouraged. You're a good person and the Lord loves you very much." gcreptile and Salmon Mousse's opponents may do well to heed those words, as they both grabbed another three points here.

"Big Cat" Rayfield Wright was an NFL hall of famer who won two Super Bowls as offensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys. At 6'6 he'd originally set his heart on a future in basketball, but was persuaded to switch to the gridiron by coaches at his college. He was named to the NFL Team of the Decade for the 1970s and, unsurprisingly for an NFL player of that era, he had early-onset dementia. A stroke in late March speeded up his demise, and Sir Cunto joins Salmon Mousse in the three points.

Annami 3 v TQR 3

maryportfuncity  6 v BabyBlue 3

Salmon Mousse 21 v alt obits guy 6

Joey Russ 16 v Perhaps 6

gcreptile 12 v msc 9 

Banana 6 v Sir Cunto 10

Mousse's line  up boasts Amy Pieters who is breathing unassisted but still in a deep coma, she's expected to survive though what that means is another question entirely. Or am I missing summat?

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Mousse's line  up boasts Amy Pieters who is breathing unassisted but still in a deep coma, she's expected to survive though what that means is another question entirely. Or am I missing summat?

I'm just a sucker for a good coma

This may be a pretty big oversight on my part. So the article that I got the Chris Georgiou tidbit on was from 2015, but somehow showed up as new for some reason. Article says he only had 2 weeks to live, gotta imagine he's dead by now, can't find any info on that. 

3 hours ago, Banana said:

This may be a pretty big oversight on my part. So the article that I got the Chris Georgiou tidbit on was from 2015, but somehow showed up as new for some reason. Article says he only had 2 weeks to live, gotta imagine he's dead by now, can't find any info on that. 

Yeah, I noticed that happens when you.... do that thing in google, very curious why.

I was expecting you to win, and kind of looking forward to that, but you dont have many names left. I'm hoping for Field and Perez.

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, I noticed that happens when you.... do that thing in google, very curious why.

I was expecting you to win, and kind of looking forward to that, but you dont have many names left. I'm hoping for Field and Perez.

Google is obsessed with giving me the hot tip that apparently Patrick Swayze has cancer. Don't spread that gossip around, though. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, msc said:

Google is obsessed with giving me the hot tip that apparently Patrick Swayze has cancer. Don't spread that gossip around, though. ;)

Peter Graves has Alzheimers too, but - as a rule - I only tell that to people with Alzheimers!