Sir Creep

World Cup 2022 (Qatar)

Also Iran and either Scotland, Wales or Ukraine.

Can hear cunts saying “It’s coming home” already.

• Facepalm 1

Jonathan Pearce providing the commentary on the BBC during the draw. I know he’s done football for decades but all I can imagine is him screaming that the next team drawn has been flipped out of the arena by Chaos 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably the 2nd best group for Canada

Morally upstanding countries have boycotted the tournament in protest at Qatar's human rights question, via Gigi Donnarumma forgetting he was a footballer in the 91st minute.

• Haha 3

:)

F772E308-6341-4EC4-B685-DFA5862A80EA.jpeg

ABE (Anyone But Engurland)

13 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

I always used to cheer for Scotland (and any of the other teams from our islands) in tournaments. 

But because of this nasty attitude I don't any more.  Fuck Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Toast said:

I always used to cheer for Scotland (and any of the other teams from our islands) in tournaments. 

But because of this nasty attitude I don't any more.  Fuck Scotland.

Mod preview looming. :lol:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

I would counter with ABS but I really can’t see them being a problem for anyone anyway, bless ‘em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just can't believe Italy lost to North Macedona of all countries to not make it in the World Cup. Only reason Portugal are in it.

6 hours ago, TQR said:

I would counter with ABS but I really can’t see them being a problem for anyone anyway, bless ‘em.

Surprise twists can always happen!

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Surprise twists can always happen!

See my piss-plaiting comment in the DDP thread :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

See my piss-plaiting comment in the DDP thread :P

Do you like Scotlands pink coloured away kit?

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Do you like Scotlands pink coloured away kit?

I mean, if Scotland actually qualify for the World Cup, they can play in the Village People get up for all I care! 

• Haha 3

Just now, msc said:

I mean, if Scotland actually qualify for the World Cup, they can play in the Village People get up for all I care! 

I was on a weekend break in Edinburgh for the first time in October 2006 when there was the rare event of Scotland winning an international football match! They beat France courtesy of James McFadden and the atmosphere across the whole of the city centre that night was electric.  It really was bloody FANTASTIC!! I will never forget that for the rest of my natural. Nearly every bloke in the city centre was orgasmic with excitement  ,many running all over the place !!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was on a weekend break in Edinburgh for the first time in October 2006 when there was the rare event of Scotland winning an international football match! They beat France courtesy of James McFadden and the atmosphere across the whole of the city centre that night was electric.  It really was bloody FANTASTIC!! I will never forget that for the rest of my natural. Nearly every bloke in the city centre was orgasmic with excitement  ,many running all over the place !!

Ya cheeky sod, ya - we've won 6 in a row at the moment!

We had a hard working (but basic) side back then, but were in a godawful qualifying group - Italy, France and Ukraine (the World Cup winner, the World Cup finalists and World Cup quarterfinalists in order!). We beat the French home and away but lost to Georgia. 

Nowadays we have some great players (mostly in defence) but lack a goal scorer. Wales are the favourites in the playoff, because they are at home, and Gareth Bale is unplayable when he's in form. And if the Ukraine game ever happens, they'll play like a team of 11 Terminators now obviously. 

I think England have a great chance of winning this year, certainly in the top 3 or 4 favourites, but that group is potentially full of banana skins. And politically very interesting! :D

• Like 2

@msc Do you think Nicola Sturgeon  will be able to convincgly persuade the public she is cheering on England to win the world cup in the event of them being in the final or do you reckon she wont even try or it might even be in her interest not to try some might say...?!:D

12 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@msc Do you think Nicola Sturgeon  will be able to convincingly persuade the public she is cheering on England to win the world cup in the event of them being in the final or do you reckon she wont even try or it might even be in her interest not to try some might say...?!:D

Convince folk, probably not? Post a basic congratulations on Twitter? Don't see why not, she did during the Euros last year, which made several Cybernats lose their shit.  No idea if she is a football fan tbh, but the whole politicians pretend to be massive fans during a world cup is hilariously daft. David Cameron couldn't even remember what football team he pretended to support. 

• Haha 1

Just now, msc said:

Convince folk, probably not? Post a basic congratulations on Twitter? Don't see why not, she did during the Euros last year, which made several Cybernats lose their shit.  No idea if she is a football fan tbh, but the whole politicians pretend to be massive fans during a world cup is hilariously daft. David Cameron couldn't even remember what football team he pretended to support. 

Aston Villa, apparently and he likes The Smiths according to his Desert Island Discs appearance, though Johnny Marr reacted to that by declaring he was banning David Cameron from liking their records.

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I just can't believe Italy lost to North Macedona of all countries to not make it in the World Cup. Only reason Portugal are in it.

I think Portugal might well have beaten Italy had their got past North Macedonia. Hime advantage would have been a factor as the crowd in Portugal were very loud. 

7 months later, Scotland didn't qualify, so I guess they cancelled this...

No, wait, it's starts in 10 days time... No point starting a new thread if Sir Creepy did one already.

Who do folk fancy? I mean for the Cup, not Gillian Anderson. 

At heart, I'm a cheery romantic. That's a complete lie. But even so, I think this could Argentina and Messi's moment. 

• Like 2