19. Pope Benedict
20. Robert Wagner

Subs
1. Shane MacGowan
2. James Earl Jones

3. Mahathir Mohamad <-- new sub

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

3rd hit of the pool with the passing of Angela Lansbury. A point for Charles de Gaulle, Khtonia, Yorkshire Banker, theoldlady, Wannamaker, handrejka, Toast, Torva Messor, Book, Insane and myself. Popular pick, congrats to all ! 

@Charles De Gaulle : Eva Marie Saint in at n°5 and Sonny Rollins in at n°3 sub

@Khthonia : Rosalynn Carter in at n°1 

@YorkshireBanker : Willie Mays in at n°1 

@theoldlady Kat Bjelland in at n°11 and Rob Burrow in at n°3 sub

@wannamaker :  Sir Bobby Charlton in at n°13 and Joanne Woodward in at n°3 sub

@Handrejka Nina van Pallandt in at n°12 and Rolf Harris in at n°3 sub

@Toast : George Alagiah in at n°9 and Francoise Hardy in at n°3 sub

@Torva Messor : Leslie Phillips in at n°13 

@Book : Norman Spencer in at n°1 and Francoise Hardy in at n°3 sub

@Insane : Paul Levesque in at n°3

For those of you who haven't yet, please choose another sub to go at n°3 spot. Also @DeathByArsenic, unless I'm mistaking, you haven't chosen any sub to replace Peter Tobin the other day. Please do so :)

Track and lists updated on the front page, next round opened !

Why are you saying "in at no. 9" etc?  I simply submitted my picks in alphabetical order, and am inserting the promoted subs in their alphabetical spots - not the vacated spot.

Hence my promoted sub George Alagiah is no 1, not no 9 as you are saying.

I didn't see anything to suggest there was any significance in the order?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why are you saying "in at no. 9" etc?  I simply submitted my picks in alphabetical order, and am inserting the promoted subs in their alphabetical spots - not the vacated spot.

Hence my promoted sub George Alagiah is no 1, not no 9 as you are saying.

I didn't see anything to suggest there was any significance in the order?

The first sub takes the spot of the hit, whatever spot he’s at, that’s the rule. Alphabetic order never came in consideration for these lists.

• Like 1

@Torva Messor : Leslie Phillips in at n°13   AND Rolf Harris as 3rd/3ieme sub, please and thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The first sub takes the spot of the hit, whatever spot he’s at, that’s the rule. Alphabetic order never came in consideration for these lists.

But why?   Unless I've missed something, the order doesn't affect the scoring in any way. I listed mine in alphabetical order because it's easier to keep track that way.

Surely it's only the 1-2-3 order of the subs that matters.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Toast said:

But why?   Unless I've missed something, the order doesn't affect the scoring in any way. I listed mine in alphabetical order because it's easier to keep track that way.

Surely it's only the 1-2-3 order of the subs that matters.

doesn't change anything yes, just it's easier for me to not rearrange every picks when one of them die… if you want to put them in alphabetic order, feel free to do so, I'll try to put them in alphabetic order in the first page list too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

doesn't change anything yes, just it's easier for me to not rearrange every picks when one of them die… if you want to put them in alphabetic order, feel free to do so, I'll try to put them in alphabetic order in the first page list too

No, you don't need to.  I just wondered why you were bothering to assign positions in the lists. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

No, you don't need to.  I just wondered why you were bothering to assign positions in the lists. 

I just fill the space left with the death of a pick. The position has no importance, I was just telling it to be sure that I’m not mistaking while changing the original lists ahah

• Like 2

2am in France, just noticed the death of Charley Trippi which is a solo hit for @Torva Messor : Congrats on this one ! One point !

Rosalynn Carter in at n°7 

please choose another sub to got at n°3 spot, thank you :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

2am in France, just noticed the death of Charley Trippi which is a solo hit for @Torva Messor : Congrats on this one ! One point !

Rosalynn Carter in at n°7 

please choose another sub to got at n°3 spot, thank you :) 

I choose June Spencer at no. 3 sub spot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Torva Messor said:

I choose June Spencer at no. 3 sub spot.

I don't think you can do that.  If I have understood correctly, subs have to be used in order.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toast said:

I don't think you can do that.  If I have understood correctly, subs have to be used in order.

why not ? June Spencer at n°3 spot is good. 

I'm not sure you understood the sub rules correctly… 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

why not ? June Spencer at n°3 spot is good. 

I'm not sure you understood the sub rules correctly… 

I'm not sure you've remembered your own rules correctly… 

On 07/09/2022 at 01:16, Lafaucheuse said:

Rules : 
Make a list of 20 names + 3 subs who could die between 1st of October 2022 and 1st of October 2023. 
The one winning is the one with the most points at the end of the year, thus the most hits as one hit = one point. 
Every time a pick of your list dies, the first sub on your list of 3 replace the dead pick in his/her position and enters the official list of 20. Then, you’ll have to choose another celeb to take the n°3 spot on your sub list. The subs left will move up from one spot putting  them a step closer to the official list.
If a sub dies before being on the list, then notify it and choose another celeb to enter at spot nº3. Each subs left behind will move one spot up.
You can choose similar celebrities as other participants. 
The only criteria for their admission is a qualifying obit when they pass : a qualifying obit means an article in English or in French.
You can choose whoever you want as long as they're famous enough (which means they have articles about their action available online, wikipedias article about them, acknowledgment in their field…)

Entries are now opened : you can send me your list in private message. They'll be uncovered on the first of October when the competition begins. 

Every time you have a hit, just quote your previous list and cross the hit to make it easier for me please and choose another celeb.

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with Torva’s placement looking at the rules. She has an empty third sub slot. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes. Every time a pick on your list of 20 dies, the sub in first position move into the official list and take the spot of the dead pick. All the others subs (n°2 and n°3) move up one spot and then become sub n°1 and n°2, making them closer to enter the official list (the one whose hits count as a point). Then, the participant has to choose another celeb to fill the n°3 spot left empty by the upgrade of the 2 others subs. That way, when you have a hit, you'll always have to pick someone who will automatically become your 3rd subs. 

I don't know if I explained it well… 

Tell me if you have any question or if someone is obscure, I thought it was clear for everyone but I don't mind explaining it again :) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with Torva’s placement looking at the rules. She has an empty third sub slot. 

Ah I see where I've misunderstood now. 

I thought June Spencer was already Torva's number 3 sub, and she was wanting to promote JS instead of her number 1 sub.

Sorry.  As you were.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Ah I see where I've misunderstood now. 

I thought June Spencer was already Torva's number 3 sub, and she was wanting to promote JS instead of her number 1 sub.

Sorry.  As you were.

Oh no, don’t worry, june spencer is her 3rd sub as she wasn’t chosen before ! 
sorry for the misunderstood :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Marian Fuks is a solo hit on this pool for @Great Uncle Bulgaria and your first point : Congrats ! 

Nigel Lawson in at n°11. Please choose another celeb to go at n°3, thanks :)

Has there been any obit that counts?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

This one

It's polish. Your rules say they have to be either english or french.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Marian Fuks is a solo hit on this pool for @Great Uncle Bulgaria and your first point : Congrats ! 

Nigel Lawson in at n°11. Please choose another celeb to go at n°3, thanks :)

If you do allow this, then I'll sub in Rolf Harris.

But I can see from Reptile's above why you wouldn't....given the fact he has died is not at issue I can presumably sub in Rolf anyway irrespective of whether or not I get a point for Mr Fuks...

• Like 1