Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

On 19/04/2023 at 19:02, gcreptile said:

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamescartercathcart/journal/view/id/64e818f2c2b6a232d3d08f08 : He is now in a "sub-acute" rehabilitation facility  after 7 weeks in hospital (the first 5 and a half spent in intensive care). He was briefly ventilated in June,  had a tracheostomy and feeding tube inserted around the same time. Still on a continuous feeding tube and also cannot walk unaided also never finished his last sessions of treatment before he fell gravely ill. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamescartercathcart/journal/view/id/64e818f2c2b6a232d3d08f08 : He is now in a "sub-acute" rehabilitation facility  after 7 weeks in hospital (the first 5 and a half spent in intensive care). He was briefly ventilated in June,  had a tracheostomy and feeding tube inserted around the same time. Still on a continuous feeding tube and also cannot walk unaided also never finished his last sessions of treatment before he fell gravely ill. 

Alright, maybe not a 2024 name after all....

40 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Alright, maybe not a 2024 name after all....

So we finally have a Carter dying ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/03/2023 at 10:46, gcreptile said:

Do you remember "Joe the plumber", the model conservative blue-collar figure in the Obama vs McCain campaign?

Well, he wasn't a plumber and his real name is Samuel Wurzelbacher. AND, Twitter tells me that he has been diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. The classic media haven't picked up on it yet, news is a day old. There is some fundraiser (of course, there is) but I cant post the link on mobile.

He recently moved to be closer to his wife's family for care and support. https://www.givesendgo.com/G9Y76

11 hours ago, HDS said:

He recently moved to be closer to his wife's family for care and support. https://www.givesendgo.com/G9Y76

Also his cancer is stage 4 and his wife and some Doctors conceded it may have been incorrectly initially diagnosed as being Stage 3.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 15:40, msc said:

Roger Ordish showed up on TV this week talking Eurovison, 84 shortly and looking ancient. Apparently he once managed to convince executives he was the Albanian entry for Eurovision (in the 1960s when Albania wasn't in Eurovison) by putting on a wig and speaking in Russian. 

As the producer of Fry and Laurie, Parkinson and the Paul Daniels show, he'd already get a QO but "Jimmy Savile's producer" makes him an 1000% cert lock QO.

@Bibliogryphon mentioned Roger Ordish in Ideas etc for 2023.

He reportedly died (yesterday?) so won't make 2024 @msc

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

@Bibliogryphon mentioned Roger Ordish in Ideas etc for 2023.

He reportedly died (yesterday?) so won't make 2024 @msc

Already at the "1000% cert obit" but surely dying right after Parky pretty much makes that a slam dunk.

Could have been a DDP contender (or pick) had he lasted another 4 months and change.

• Like 2

On 30/03/2023 at 16:46, gcreptile said:

Do you remember "Joe the plumber", the model conservative blue-collar figure in the Obama vs McCain campaign?

Well, he wasn't a plumber and his real name is Samuel Wurzelbacher. AND, Twitter tells me that he has been diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. The classic media haven't picked up on it yet, news is a day old. There is some fundraiser (of course, there is) but I cant post the link on mobile.

21 hours ago, HDS said:

10 hours ago, Sean said:

Also his cancer is stage 4 and his wife and some Doctors conceded it may have been incorrectly initially diagnosed as being Stage 3.

And this guy says Joe The Plumber is dead: 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Elton John for 2024. He's had a "fall" - while he might just have been pissed could be first TIA warning. I'd give him 5 years at best.

• Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 28/08/2023 at 18:57, Decrepit Git said:

Elton John for 2024. He's had a "fall" - while he might just have been pissed could be first TIA warning. I'd give him 5 years at best.

While I think he's ok for next year. He wasn't walking great at Glastonbury. We need to see if he an hosts an Academy Awards party (if that goes ahead due to strike).

14 hours ago, Luis Palominio said:

Buzz Aldrin ,Gena Rowlands, Michael Caine and Woody Allen they would be the best new options for 2024. 

Woody Allen’s father lived to be 100. I don’t think he’s a good pick at all.

On 18/08/2023 at 20:43, arghton said:

...Satsvarupa dasa Goswami (83, ill for a while, says he suffers from "various health issues" and they're now giving weekly health updates)...

Satsvarupa dasa Goswami described as "very, very fragile at this point" on his facebook. He suffers from atleast COPD, Parkinson's, diabetes, arthritis and other chronic health problems. He's known to have exaggerated being ill decades back but now he seems very ill and has been partially on oxygen in recent years.

For the DL, some French names that could be good points in 2024 : Bernadette Chirac, Brigitte Bardot, Françoise Hardy, and keep Jean-Marie Le Pen and Jacques Delors, if they not die before. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, La Tombe said:

For the DL, some French names that could be good points in 2024 : Bernadette Chirac, Brigitte Bardot, Françoise Hardy, and keep Jean-Marie Le Pen and Jacques Delors, if they not die before. 

Good calls.

• Like 1

96 year old Argentine Priest Luis Pascual Dri is going to be made a Cardinal later this month,but too frail to attend his consistory. Might not make it a full year as Cardinal

Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo aka. Don Neto and Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo were some of the largest Mexican drug lords in the 70s, 80s. Fonseca Carrillo (who was last mentioned around a decade ago here) was suffering from cancer in the 2000s, is now around 93 or possibly "only" 81 (according to the DEA) and has been in house arrest since 2016 "because of old age and declining health". Felix Gallardo is (or claims he is) suffering from every known ailment as mentioned by gcreptile some months ago.

Sir Owen Glenn is still alive (suffered from serious cancer and other ailments years ago but hasn't been mentioned here much since), but was wheelchairbound in February. One to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Hunter Biden after he is indicted....

• Confused 3
  • Angry 1
  • Facepalm 3

Casually watching a Sky Arts thing on Kenneth Williams and thought Eric Idle was looking rough. Apparently it's not Idle, its Steve Punt from the Mary Whitehouse Experience.

• Like 1

Cameo seems an excellent place for  formspotting. I don't completely know how to use it to search for people , but there's a suprisingly large amount of elderly celebrities and ones with a history of ill health there, here's a list with links to their pages:

Barry Corbin (82, oral cancer, decrepit)

Bruce Dern (87)

George Hamilton (84, some history of ill health I recall)

Tommy Chong (85)

Jamie Farr (89)

Paul Dooley (95)

Brian Cox (77)

Gianni Russo (79, godfather actor)

Sportspeople/"sports"people too:

Marv Levy (98)

Ronnie Coleman (59, bodybuilder, tons of health issues)

Richard Petty (86, stock car racing legend)

Baron von Raschke (82, professional wrestler)

Peter Shilton OBE (73)

Sir Geoff Hurst (81)

Harry Carson (69, American football player with a ton of health problems)

Larry Bowa (77, old MLB guy)

Many more there if you want to go check.

• Like 10

On 04/09/2023 at 16:26, arghton said:

Cameo seems an excellent place for  formspotting. I don't completely know how to use it to search for people , but there's a suprisingly large amount of elderly celebrities and ones with a history of ill health there, here's a list with links to their pages:

Barry Corbin (82, oral cancer, decrepit)

Bruce Dern (87)

George Hamilton (84, some history of ill health I recall)

Tommy Chong (85)

Jamie Farr (89)

Paul Dooley (95)

Brian Cox (77)

Gianni Russo (79, godfather actor)

Sportspeople/"sports"people too:

Marv Levy (98)

Ronnie Coleman (59, bodybuilder, tons of health issues)

Richard Petty (86, stock car racing legend)

Baron von Raschke (82, professional wrestler)

Peter Shilton OBE (73)

Sir Geoff Hurst (81)

Harry Carson (69, American football player with a ton of health problems)

Larry Bowa (77, old MLB guy)

Many more there if you want to go check.

How do I find the "cameo" website?

• Facepalm 1

Considering nothing changes, here is how the perfect deathlist 2024 would go according to me :
1. Jimmy Carter 
2. Rosalynn Carter (just for the sake of having these two on top spots)
3. Shane McGowan
4. Joanne Woodward 
5. James Whale
6. Jonnie Irwin
7. Linda Nolan
8. Frank Field
9. Henry Kissinger
10. Bernadette Chirac 
11. Diane Feinstein
12. Sonny Rollins
13. Nigel Starmer Smith
14. Shannen Doherty
15. Bobby Charlton 
16. Esther Rantzen
17. Jean Marie Le Pen
18. Sandra Day’O Connor
19. Mel Brooks
20. Dick Van Dyke
21. Emperor Akihito
22. Mitch McConnell
23. Jacques Delors
24. Norman Lear
25. Prunelle Scales
26. Louis Farrakhan
27. Imelda Marcos
28. David Attenborough

29. Bob Newhart

30. Raul Castro

31. Vera Miles

32. King Salman of Saudi Arabia 

33. Kim Novak 

34. Douglas Hurd

35. Franz Beckenbauer 

36. Glynis Johns 

37. Robert Solow 

38. Eva Marie Saint

39. Buzz Aldrin 

40. Giorgio Napolitano 

41. Valentino

42. Rex Williams

43. Tippi Heren

44. Warren Buffett 

45. James Earl Jones

46. Rupert Murdoch

47. Sophia Loren

48. Liza Minnelli 

49. Pope Francis 

50. Ozzy Osbourne 

The top 10/20 seems pretty strong ! I feel like I'm forgetting an obvious name in the top 10 though… 

• Like 7