5 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hopefully not Mercer and Baker. Two cunts I'll enjoy seeing lose their seats 

Mercer was out yesterday in St Budeaux part of Moor View. You know, the part as close to Cornwall as you can get for a quick getaway. The plymouth end of the Tamar Bridge is here, and that's put up its prices again so that's a BIG issue but Mr Mercer hasn't said jack about it. 

He's utter toast. Of all the wards in his area the only Tory is in Eggbuckland and then by a handful of votes. 

He did this interview yesterday.Looks totally rattled tired and is even ruder and snappier than usual.This is golden his stress is palpable and it is so good to watch.Need popcorn.

• Like 1

Another incredible tantrum comes from the most marginal Conservative MP James Daly who despite being Deputy Chairman is accused of being broke and of not understanding the detail of the National Service policy. Let's just say he doesn't disappoint with this meltdown.

He has a 105 vote majority.

• Facepalm 1

Douglas Murray is the ultimate right-wing echo chamber.

Davey is clearly worried about appearing too drab and dreary, so to win over the electorate he's now posing with dinosaurs and repeatedly falling into a lake. That's definitely a guy we can do business with.

Election Night Teams:

BBC: Laura Kuenssberg, Clive Myrie, Chris Mason, Jeremy Vine, Reeta Chakrabati, Prof Sir John Curtice

Sky: Kay Burley, Beth Rigby, Trevor Phillips, Ed Conway, Sam Coates, Sophy Ridge, Prof Michael Thrasher

Channel 4: Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Emily Maitlis, Cathy Newman, Alistair Campbell, Rory Stewart, Gary Gibbon, 1 more (to replace Clare Balding, who is doing Wimbledon), Gogglebox

It's a tough choice. Obvs BBC is the tradition, plus Myrie is good and Curtice is frankly essential, but K-hole, Mason and Vine can all get to fuck. Sky's Rigby, Phillips, Coates and Ridge are assets, but Kay Burley wears very thin, very quickly. Channel 4 has the best presenters by quite some way, but I don't want fucking Gogglebox interrupting it.

• Like 4

With Sunak announcing the election in the pouring rain and Davey falling into a lake, will Starmer sink to the challenge?

Labour party wet t-shirt competition, perhaps?

24 minutes ago, TQR said:

Election Night Teams:

BBC: Laura Kuenssberg, Clive Myrie, Chris Mason, Jeremy Vine, Reeta Chakrabati, Prof Sir John Curtice

Sky: Kay Burley, Beth Rigby, Trevor Phillips, Ed Conway, Sam Coates, Sophy Ridge, Prof Michael Thrasher

Channel 4: Krishnan Guru-Murthy, Emily Maitlis, Cathy Newman, Alistair Campbell, Rory Stewart, Gary Gibbon, 1 more (to replace Clare Balding, who is doing Wimbledon), Gogglebox

It's a tough choice. Obvs BBC is the tradition, plus Myrie is good and Curtice is frankly essential, but K-hole, Mason and Vine can all get to fuck. Sky's Rigby, Phillips, Coates and Ridge are assets, but Kay Burley wears very thin, very quickly. Channel 4 has the best presenters by quite some way, but I don't want fucking Gogglebox interrupting it.

Channel 4 in the main for me and perhaps Sky from time to time. Periodically swithcing over to BBC to look on Kunessberg's face as the night goes on :D

Curious that ITV don't appear to have announced their line-up yet although I would assume Bradby and Etchingham as the leads.

Is there anybody who was actually prepared for this election? The broadcasters are scrambling to confirm election night teams, loads of seats don't even have candidates yet, and even the Prime Minister is making up manifesto policies day-to-day on the hoof. All this thanks to "the man with the plan" apparently. :facepalm:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Is there anybody who was actually prepared for this election? The broadcasters are scrambling to confirm election night teams, loads of seats don't even have candidates yet, and even the Prime Minister is making up manifesto policies day-to-day on the hoof. All this thanks to "the man with the plan" apparently. :facepalm:

Channel 4 had their line up confirmed in Early April to be fair. That was on the assumption of an autumn election though as Claire Balding isn't available now due to Wimbledon

• Like 1

BBC have had to applogise  to Nigel Farrage.

14 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Channel 4 in the main for me and perhaps Sky from time to time. Periodically swithcing over to BBC to look on Kunessberg's face as the night goes on :D

Curious that ITV don't appear to have announced their line-up yet although I would assume Bradby and Etchingham as the leads.

Yeah, probably gonna be a three-screen job. BBC with the sound up only when Sir John speaks or if Laura and Chris start crying.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TQR said:

Election Night Teams:

I agree the C4 team look good but I really don't see why the Gogglebox non-entities need to be on there.

However 4th July is my daughter's birthday so I am not sure I am going to be pulling an all nighter

I will probably turn on my TV to BBC first thing on Friday morning

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Myrie and Kuenssberg co-anchoring the BBC coverage, with Chakrabarti analysing the results. Vine back with the swingometer, Curtice with his usual input and the usual BBC faces dotted around the country. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv22px91700o

Oh fuck Vine, I'd prefer his brother doing it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I wonder if there will be acceptable livestreams eleswhere on the night? LBC perhaps?

19 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I agree the C4 team look good but I really don't see why the Gogglebox non-entities need to be on there.

It's a new iniatitive?

"Jacob Rees Mogg has just lost his seat, over to a bunch of the public for live reaction of them pissing themselves laughing!"

• Haha 2

There's only one Gogglebox person I'd have loved to seen an election night and it's Leon who's no longer with is. He fucking hated the Tories 

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, TQR said:

You have to change the address from x.com to Twitter.com.

I wonder when ITV will announce their line up.