Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2024

28 minutes ago, WEP said:

András Bíró, 98

Jot him down as missing in action and once we find him we can write that he's been found here or scribble a short note on a post-it to remind us to do so.

(That's enough biro puns - ed)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

Jot him down as missing in action and once we find him we can write that he's been found here or scribble a short note on a post-it to remind us to do so.

aye, write !!!

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

28 minutes ago, drunkasaskunk said:

aye, write !!!

Yes, good (ball) point.

4 hours ago, En Passant said:

Let me know if you see anything in the paper, mate.

It's been apparent that updates to the site have been more sparse, and those who can read between the lines could probably tell that it meant my time as front page co-host is flaming out. I'm making it official now - I'll be stepping down as DDP co-host at the end of this year and we'll need someone new to write down whatever Wikipedia tells you to think about this recently-deceased Romanian stenographer.

Wait, no, that's a vintage LotLer if there ever was one...

But yes, I decided back in November that 2024 would be my last year, it's been an interesting ride and exposed me to some fascinating stories I wouldn't have otherwise known if I didn't have to write their obit. But I am tired now and it is time to pass on the reins. I don't have any successor lined up at the moment, so if any of you are interested let me know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 22

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

It's been apparent that updates to the site have been more sparse, and those who can read between the lines could probably tell that it meant my time as front page co-host is flaming out. I'm making it official now - I'll be stepping down as DDP co-host at the end of this year and we'll need someone new to write down whatever Wikipedia tells you to think about this recently-deceased Romanian stenographer.

Wait, no, that's a vintage LotLer if there ever was one...

But yes, I decided back in November that 2024 would be my last year, it's been an interesting ride and exposed me to some fascinating stories I wouldn't have otherwise known if I didn't have to write their obit. But I am tired now and it is time to pass on the reins. I don't have any successor lined up at the moment, so if any of you are interested let me know.

I greatly enjoyed your punny headlines and I can definitely tell you enjoy musical obituaries the most. Hopefully, we have a @Gooseberry Crumble full of enema deaths in the next six months so, you can exit with a bang!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Captain Hemlock said:

I greatly enjoyed your punny headlines and I can definitely tell you enjoy musical obituaries the most. Hopefully, we have a @Gooseberry Crumble full of enema deaths in the next six months so, you can exit with a bang!

Thank you ! I hope so too!!

1 minute ago, time said:

Updated for Imogen Stuart;

No QO for Míchéal Ó Muircheartaigh as yet.

It's above but I'll repost: 

On 25/06/2024 at 13:35, YoungWillz said:

Micheal O Muircheartaigh QO: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c9xx83d7x3no

Under O. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It's above but I'll repost: 

Thanks, missed that, searched online and only found Irish obits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time said:

Updated for Imogen Stuart;

No QO for Míchéal Ó Muircheartaigh as yet.

Forgive the accent pedantry, but the second fada in his name should be on the a, thus pronouncing it mee-HAUL, rather than on the e which would make it mee-HALE.

At least you made some effort to put in the fadas, which is more than the useless fuckers at the BBC managed.

I suppose all hits are welcome, but this is a particularly sad one for me. Mícheál was the voice of football and hurling when I was growing up, and listening to some snippets of his commentary this week brings back a lot of happy memories. It is not an exaggeration to call him a legend of Irish sport - a wonderful colourful commentator and by all accounts an absolute gentleman as well.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal

May he rest in peace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Fear Beag said:

Forgive the accent pedantry, but the second fada in his name should be on the a, thus pronouncing it mee-HAUL, rather than on the e which would make it mee-HALE.

At least you made some effort to put in the fadas, which is more than the useless fuckers at the BBC managed.

I suppose all hits are welcome, but this is a particularly sad one for me. Mícheál was the voice of football and hurling when I was growing up, and listening to some snippets of his commentary this week brings back a lot of happy memories. It is not an exaggeration to call him a legend of Irish sport - a wonderful colourful commentator and by all accounts an absolute gentleman as well.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal

May he rest in peace.

Sorry about that, and not pedantic at all (it's correct in the DDP btw).