Guest Prince Harry

I Destroy the Royal Family

I see the cheapskate didn't even fork out for a ring.

I did hear that it used to belong to saint - so I suppose that makes up for it...

If that thing was a saint, then I'm Pope F**king Benedict! :lol:

you're f**king Pope Benedict? How old are you...?

No, nor have I ever had the (dis)pleasure!! I was merely trying to point out that the late Princes Of Wales was a media savvy, manipulative so and so, and not the ''angel'' portrayed after her death by the brigade of hypocrites, who wept crocodile tears!

Kate Middleton, Jewish or not?

(most likely not)

Should it matter one way or the other? Most people in the British Isles have a mixed bag of nuts when it comes to heritage, as do the Royal Family, who have, to all intents and purposes a strong German ancestry. In this day and age it shouldn't matter, but sadly, ther are still some purist nutjobs out there.

I thiought the old girl was looking her age around the mouth when I saw the Christmas message last night, but it was her hair that really caught my attention. Is it just the way it has been elaborately coiffured or is that a wig? Okay, so I doubt it is but it just looks so artificial and different from usual:

Normal (obviously older and Photoshopped pic):

royal_queen.jpg

Last night

article-1341504-0C921976000005DC-780_468x316.jpg

:(

Anyway, some of the UK tabloids are making a bit of mileage of the fact that, of all the upcoming events in 2011, she failed to mention Billy's marriage. Hey, it's Christmas, so they have to find something to talk about...

This fruit-loop from Mexico is in her 9th day of a hunger strike. She is refusing to eat until she gets an invite to Prince William's wedding.

This fruit-loop from Mexico is in her 9th day of a hunger strike. She is refusing to eat until she gets an invite to Prince William's wedding.

Maybe Wiiliam's estranged Auntie could follow suit, thus helping her previously mentioned weight problems

Love the primary school level response to not being invited

But her spokesman insisted that she wouldn't have gone to the ceremony anyway,

The Pacific island nation of Niue has issued an unconventional Royal Wedding stamp, in which the happy couple can be conveniently split up.

SCCZEN_17032011SPLROYALSTAMP01_460x230.JPG

A poll commissioned by campaign group Republic has today blown apart the hype around the royal wedding...

Very reliable.

A poll commissioned by campaign group Republic has today blown apart the hype around the royal wedding...

Very reliable.

Possibly. That depends on the way the poll was conducted, on which that article is silent.

I don't care, but then again: I don't care about the House of Orange and its members, one of whom happens to be head of state of my country.

Viva la République! (1:01)

Hein

Very reliable.

Possibly. That depends on the way the poll was conducted, on which that article is silent.

I don't care, but then again: I don't care about the House of Orange and its members, one of whom happens to be head of state of my country.

Viva la République! (1:01)

Hein

The method is not clearly described but it was conducted by a respected independent polling firm. All data is supplied in a link in the article at http://www.republic.org.uk/royalweddingpoll.pdf.

Iam sure a member of the throners will get the marble head stone,big royal wedding ,birth kate would not be geting hitched if she could not have a heir,so whos the lucky mourners yeah, philips prone to mishaps his time has come.

Guest Guest

tghe royal family are lizard people.they have a lifespan much longer than humans!

tghe royal family are lizard people.they have a lifespan much longer than humans!

The average life expectancy of a gecko is 12 years though?

Okay, the whole world knows that William and Kate are marrying next week and most people would have heard by now that Prince Albert of Monaco is also about to lose his freedom but it turns out that there is a third royal wedding this year - the Kaiser is getting hitched. http://www.theroyalforums.com/21206-engage...ie-of-isenburg/ :(

He was raised by his grandfather as his father was killed in an accident when he was one year old: they amputated his dad's leg after he was crushed between two vehicles but that didn't save him. When his grandfather died in 1994, young Georg Friedrich became head of the Hohenzollerns, (after a legal battle for the title with his uncles who are excluded from the line of succession because they did not marry noblewomen.)

However the young Kaiser's own choice of bride might have annoyed a few conservative Prussian royalists:

"A potential problem, the young head of the House of Hohenzollern so out of the way: The fact that he married a noble-bred, there is no discussion will be about its position in the House of Hohenzollern... A second issue that has not been clarified to the public: Sophie von Isenburg comes from a Catholic family, the Prussian Hohenzollern are traditionally Protestant."

http://royalcorrespondent.com/2011/01/24/h...agement-photos/

Someone added an interesting comment to the article:

"The problem with the German royals is that they are bound by the German equality laws which dictate that a royal heir must marry a women of “equal rank” that is from another reigning family. This was possible before World War I, since there was a plethora of reigning dynasties to choose a bride from. However, most of these were swept away during the revolutions in Germany, Austria, and Russia from 1917- 1918. Many of these families fell on hard times, and some have become extinct. Furthermore, the media makes it impossible to hide the problems of an arranged marriage from the public eye. The collapse of Charles and Diana’s arranged marriage made the surviving European royals reluctant to push their children into political marriages where incompatabilities fuelled by the media might lead to a decline in public support, or even a constitutional crisis... Prince Georg Friedrich’s marriage is a compromise between strict equality and morganatic marriage."

There is an interesting old interview with him here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...man-throne.html

Some choice excerpts:

"The "Brits" are equally obsessed with the war, according to Georg, who had a mixed experience at boarding school in Scotland.

"I must say that this idea that can be found in Britain that all Germans are to be taken as Nazis is interesting. British people don't consider the word Nazi to be as offensive as Germans do.

"When I was at boarding school people used to call me Nazi but then after a while it changed to being kaiser and I didn't mind that at all.""

"The Hohenzollerns left the throne in 1918, unlamented by a war-ravaged Europe. Kaiser Wilhelm II, the last emperor, is regarded by some British and American historians as the man who did more than any other to start the First World War.

But Georg, like most modern German historians, is more forgiving. "I have the great advantage that for me he is not just a historical figure like he is for most of the people in the world - I had two grandfathers who knew him as a person.

"I think it is always important when you talk or write about people not to forget that they are or were human and that it was different in other situations and times.

"They are people and products of their time, yet are often pigeon-holed. He was often taken as pompous but those were the times. Despite that, of course, I would have wanted him to do things differently, in foreign policy obviously.""

"Prince Georg is well aware of the effect he can have on others - not least young women.

He said: "It's not so extreme for me as it must be for Prince William. It is noticeable sometimes, but it is not something that upsets me or disturbs my life."

[snip]

"I think for Prince William it must be much more difficult. I would like to meet him and have a drink with him, I'm sure it would be great.

Finally, I can't find the post now but I discovered somewhere that his grandfather always called him Georg Friedrich instead of just Georg because "that sounds like the name of an English king and you know how bad they all were." :P By the way, according to Wikipedia, since he is a non-reigning monarch, on the off-chance that you ever meet him, protocol dictates that you should address him as "Mr Prince of Prussia." :):):) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Friedri...tles_and_styles )

However, he may or may not have greater ambitions...

"THE pretender to the German throne, Georg Friedrich Hohenzollern, has indicated that he would be willing to wear the crown in a restored monarchy.

As relatives of Frederick the Great gather in Berlin to mark the 300th anniversary of the first coronation of a Prussian kaiser, the prince said: "My family could undertake a representative role by setting an example."

But the 24-year-old great-great-grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Germany's last royal ruler who abdicated after the First World War, added: "I totally identify with the democracy in Germany."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...man-throne.html

Anyway, having said all of that, there is a German noble who might be a much better candidate for DeathList, Prince Ernst August of Hanover (Caroline of Monaco's husband.) Some choice excerpts from Wikipedia:

Controversy

He was photographed urinating on the Turkish Pavilion at the Expo 2000 event in Hanover, causing a diplomatic incident and a complaint from the Turkish Embassy accusing him of insulting the Turkish people. He sued those who published (Bild-Zeitung) the photo for invasion of privacy. He was awarded 33,900 euros.[4] The paper had previously published a photo of the prince urinating outside a hospital in Austria.

Recent events

On Monday, 3 April 2005, the prince was admitted to hospital with acute pancreatitis. The next day, he fell into a deep coma, two days before the death of his father-in-law, Rainier III, Prince of Monaco. On Friday, 8 April 2005, hospital officials reported that the prince was no longer in a coma but remained in intensive care. A report the same day on BBC World described his condition as "serious but not irreversible." On 9 April 2005, according to a report on BBC, a hospital spokesman reported that the prince was receiving "permanent medical care." He has since been released and was subsequently seen in public with his wife.

As of September 2009, it is reported in the French and English press that he is living separately from his wife Caroline, who has returned to Monaco."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_August,...54)#Controversy

Anyone have more up-to-date info on him?

There is apparently a bit of concern about extreme Islamic or Irish groups attacking the royal wedding:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/anjem-chouda...ory?id=13451893

I guess these events are always going to be a risk. Can't imagine the Irish doing it since there was a big enough backlash against them over Mountbatten - they would totally alienate any would-be supporters with an attack on this event. Then again, if it is the diehard lunatic fringe of the fringe of a fringe group, who knows what could happen...

On a lighter note, does William remind anyone else of another balding, toothy-smiled British icon? :) Their companions resemble each other, too... :(

prince-william-kate-middleton-st-james-palace-11162010-02-820x1055.jpg

1.jpg

I'd better go into hiding before Windsor lynches me...

There is apparently a bit of concern about extreme Islamic or Irish groups attacking the royal wedding:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/anjem-chouda...ory?id=13451893

I think the Irish groups are more likely to strike when the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh cross the Irish Sea next month. Al qaeda probably have first 'dibbs' on the wedding...

I'd better go into hiding before Windsor lynches me...

Thats nothing compared to what you did in your last post. A link to the Royal Forums? :shoot2:

:P

Aussie comedy show, The Chaser, has been banned from providing a piss-taking commentary to the royal wedding footage, sparking "outrage" down here. :shoot2::P:D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/27/3201554.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/04/27/3201822.htm

They have written a letter of complaint to the Queen in response:

chaserqueen.jpg

Maybe this should be in the Autosport forum pages but as it is the Royal Wedding tomorrow I thought I would hide it in here. Sebastian Vettel likes to give his cars girl's names, "Randy Mandy", "Lussious Liz" & "Kinky Kylie". Well, I've just maybe figured out who he named his cars called "Kate" & "Kate's Dirty Sister" after... could it really have been Kate Middleton and her party planing wild sister Pippa?

"Kate's Dirty Sister"

Oh .... I just thought it was too much fake tan

9.gif

Death to them all. Vive la revolution.

Death to them all. Vive la revolution.

Agreed. We should do what the Russians did and line the RF up against a wall and shoot them.

15 people killed in Marrakech today in a terrorist attack, deadly tornadoes ripping across the USA, wars and protests with deadly consequences for the soldiers/populace/protesters are going on across the world and what's the top item on UK's News at 10? Live broadcasting from outside Westminster Abbey..... :shoot2: