Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

13 minutes ago, tracy said:

James Sikking dead at 90.

Every time I see you or @Thatcher have posted I hold my breath. Luckily, I have no feelings about this particular individual. 

2 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Every time I see you or @Thatcher have posted I hold my breath. Luckily, I have no feelings about this particular individual. 

I left him off my DC theme team by accident this year, so he's a LotM. So, even if you've never heard of him, I would appreciate it if you broke down in tears sobbing over my rotten luck.

19 minutes ago, tracy said:

1/4 of the Oak Ridge boys, Brian from Alf, Shelly Duvall, Dave Loggins, Dr.Ruth, Richard Simmons, Shannen Doherty, Jacoby Jones and James Sikking in 5 days is insane

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, tracy said:

I left him off my DC theme team by accident this year, so he's a LotM. So, even if you've never heard of him, I would appreciate it if you broke down in tears sobbing over my rotten luck.

Sold. 

2 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

1/4 of the Oak Ridge boys, Brian from Alf, Shelly Duvall, Dave Loggins, Dr.Ruth, Richard Simmons, Shannen Doherty, Jacoby Jones and James Sikking in 5 days is insane

It's quite normal actually. I would define only dr. Ruth, Duvall and Doherty as big names.

BTW, Alf's actor died almost a month ago.

6 minutes ago, drol said:

It's quite normal actually. I would define only dr. Ruth, Duvall and Doherty as big names.

BTW, Alf's actor died almost a month ago.

Engle 

Duvall

Westheimer

Simmons

Doherty

A solid b-list run for the last few days. Alas, no one worthy of real excitement. Despite this run, a lousy year. 

11 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

The last time we had this kind of run may have been all the way back in 2009. Ed McMahon, Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays (Orange Glo pitchman), Gale Storm and Fred Travalena all died between June 23 and 28th of that year. Same vibe of hearing one name after another.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Not really, there have been bigger death clusters I can recall. December 2016. Richard Adams, Liz Smith, Carrie Fisher, George Michael, Debbie Reynolds, William Christopher in the span of a week.

7 hours ago, The Immortal said:

Not really, there have been bigger death clusters I can recall. December 2016. Richard Adams, Liz Smith, Carrie Fisher, George Michael, Debbie Reynolds, William Christopher in the span of a week.

2016 itself was a huge death cluster year.

12 hours ago, tracy said:

Seven of the Hill Street Blues main cast gone now, and half a dozen more in their 80s and late 70s. The youngest member is Megan Gallagher (b.1960), she could be the last survivor in a decade or so.

14 hours ago, tracy said:

Not familiar with a great deal of his work, but he was great as the cartoon villain Starfleet stiff in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, trying to stop Kirk taking the Enterprise.

"If you do this Kirk, you'll never sit in the captain's seat again..."

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tracy said:

That's a shame. He was great in HSB and he's in one of my favourite M*A*S*H episodes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tracy said:

Just saw this. Bloody loved him in Hill Street Blues.:(

• Like 1