Death list boy

1. Jimmy Carter

As bad as it sounds I really hope Jimmy dies imminently now.It is clear he is no longer living  merely existing at best and suffering  at worst. Seeing that picture of him triggered the same memory of my  maternal Grandmother in her her final hours aspirating and changing colour whereby I remember saying to my Aunt in tears outside the room "Dear God just let this end".Fortunately she died a few minutes later.I sincerely hope Jimmy is reunited with his beloved parents, siblings, grandson and the love of his life Rosalyn very soon.

• Like 16

I also cant help thinking looking at his Birthday images that his wife Rosalynn would have been deeply distressed that these were taken let alone made public.She always loved Jimmy dearly and was immensely proud and defensive of him and his legacy much like Nancy Reagan was with Ron.I think if she could see him being paraded out on his deathbed looking like a mummified corpse she should simultaneously turn in her grave and weep.I cant help but think if she was alive and of sound mind she would have kept him indoors and not let him be seen in such an awful state in the same way Nancy never allowed Ron to be pictured in his final years except for a 90th birthday picture which was tasteful and not degrading.This picture is the epitome of degrading.There is no way he can consent to his pictures being taken at this point.I couldnt make out his children in the wider picture.Wonder if any of them off the record agree with me.

At his stage in life and health only his relatives and closest friends should be granted access to him there is no justification to showing a dying man in such a compromised state to the general public.Makes me quite angry as political leanings aside I really like Jimmy Carter as a man and an individual and I feel he has done so much good to the world over his long life and governed with integrity and conviction and to see him shown like this feels beyond wrong. If I am ever dying( as opposed to sudden death) I would hate to be shown off publicly in such a way and if anyone dared to show such pictures of my family in  this state I would be so angry and devastated.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

He'll hang around those two more weeks until early voting. It's all that's left to do.

Edit: It does make me wonder though, how he looks deader than any living person I've seen - except for that dehydrated monk two weeks before his death.

We have seen 100-year olds in better shape. I wonder how it works.

I sincerely doubt he knows anything at this point .I find it hard to believe he knows there is an election going on or is awake  enough to know he is still alive at this point.

• Like 4

On 18/02/2024 at 07:18, thadee said:

what if Jimmy fights to make it to 100

and die October 2

5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

He looks almost as bad as McMichael 

John Amos and Frank Fritz/Ken Page dying makes me believe that Carter and McMichael will die around the same time

I love Jimmy for all his work, but based on the photo, it's time for him to go and be back with the love of his life. He's had a great and productive 100 years, and he's obviously very tired. He's fought a great fight. Let him vote and just let him rest after. God bless him. It's sad, but it's time for him to get the rest he needs. His family should never have given him a photo in that state.

• Like 1

How on earth can he vote in that state

6 hours ago, Bobytomi said:

October 2 2025 yes

• Facepalm 1

A dog in that state would be humanely put down without another thought. I really want to believe there's enough left of Jimmy in there for him to consent to being kept alive like this so he can vote, but... Jesus...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sod's Law said:

A dog in that state would be humanely put down without another thought. I really want to believe there's enough left of Jimmy in there for him to consent to being kept alive like this so he can vote, but... Jesus...

Yes, it is distressing to see. He does not look like someone who's able to eat or drink much if at all. I hope they're not just prolonging his suffering by feeding him using a nasogastric tube or something like that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seppuku said:

Yes, it is distressing to see. He does not look like someone who's able to eat or drink much if at all. I hope they're not just prolonging his suffering by feeding him using a nasogastric tube or something like that.

He's in hospice and his face doesn't show any kind of scarring, so I doubt he's using any feeding tube. Whatever might be the case, hope he goes out peacefully in his sleep without any suffering. 

Poor man. I already felt bad when I saw that video of Nigel Starmer-Smith where he didn't look like he was still of sound mind to consent in allowing the entire world to see him like this, but this is even worse. I think Carter's family shouldn't have done this and I can only hope he dies soon without any pain.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sean said:

I sincerely doubt he knows anything at this point .I find it hard to believe he knows there is an election going on or is awake  enough to know he is still alive at this point.

I'm really starting to question how up front his family is being when they talk about his enthusiasm to vote. One vote isn't going to make a difference, and President Carter has done more than anyone in the U.S. to fulfill his civic duty. If he is as mentally aware as his family is claiming he is, they should be encouraging him to let go. No need to prolong his suffering for an election.

7 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

One vote isn't going to make a difference

No, it isn't. But the symbolism may.

The very fact that he's hung on to vote will have an impact. One only needs to look at the sheer quantity of posts in this thread to see the influence the man still has.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gcreptile said:

He'll hang around those two more weeks until early voting. It's all that's left to do.

Edit: It does make me wonder though, how he looks deader than any living person I've seen - except for that dehydrated monk two weeks before his death.

We have seen 100-year olds in better shape. I wonder how it works.

I mean, Luang Pho Yai was atleast (somehow) still able to sit up and eat a week before his death. If we think physical frailty/near-total inability to move + extreme emaciation Jimmy trumps him, as well as pretty much all of the corpses we've seen here. Except maybe one or two of those Asian cases - KH Ali Yafie looked a bit worse a day or two before his death:

Spoiler

yaf.png.dc591fbbcdfb82aaa4658460394e4a72.png

But he did end up dying in days. I still can't see Jimmy dying this week.