Mr Stats

World's Oldest

1 hour ago, drol said:

I'll paste here some comments taken from the 110Club. Remember, for the death of a 117 year old who died in her sleep without suffering.

"Rest in peace...
I can't believe it! :("

"I did not know She died,but i opened the 110 club where It said She died and i though It was fake,i was having a panic Attack cause She seemed strong,when i checked on Google "Maria branyas morera"It said She died August 19 2024,i am gonna cry:("

"Nooo!!! Please someone tell me that this is not really happening, I want to believe that this is fake news... I am in Shock and on the verge of tears right now!!!! :(:(:(I refuse to believe this happened.. The entire World should be in mourning for 2 weeks with this horrible news, Maria Branyas is in my thoughts right now."

These ppl are fucking mental.

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

bs4GR1p.jpeg

this was me and i think it’s obvious what i chose 

Happy Birthday Ethel Caterham, 115 today, oldest in UK.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

These ppl are fucking mental.

There's a serious level of strangeness on there. If you want a laugh, look at the "coincidences" thread.

"X person has a surname beginning with C, and their predecessor as 15th-oldest person in France also had a surname beginning with C. They lived roughly 100 miles apart, which is C in Roman numerals. Amazing!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/08/2024 at 06:42, arghton said:

1. Itooka: had a hemorrhagic stroke at 110 and underwent brain surgery. For whatever reason this isn't mentioned in the Gerontology Wikipedia or whatever it's called.

2. Canabarro Lucas: Hospitalised for a month in May 2022, back in hospital in October 2022 with covid. I recall she's been hospitalised atleast once since. Always seems to recover quite well.

3. Francis: Bedbound for atleast the last three or four years. 

4. Caterham: In a slow health decline.

5. Hayashi: Described as very health conscious. Only recently in slightly worsening health. Back in May 2023 I predicted she might be the last living person born in the 1900s. We'll see.

6. Kretschmann: Seemingly in very good health. Visited a factory earlier this year, which is quite amazing for someone of that age.

7. Shiroishi: Very frail, mentally seems still there.

8. Tessier: Mentioned above.

9. Martin Diaz: Extremely frail, barely conscious but not bedbound.

10. Kondo: Decent health, frail but can apparently walk on good days.

LQ recently paid a visit to Hisako Shiroishi, apparently she is still in very good health, Shiroishi is the third oldest person in Japan and the seventh in the world:

https://longeviquest.com/2024/08/hisako-shiroishi-114-reflects-on-a-lifetime-of-healthy-living/

Hisako-Shiroishi-visit-Aug-2024-2-1080x1129.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bobytomi said:

LQ recently paid a visit to Hisako Shiroishi, apparently she is still in very good health, Shiroishi is the third oldest person in Japan and the seventh in the world:

https://longeviquest.com/2024/08/hisako-shiroishi-114-reflects-on-a-lifetime-of-healthy-living/

Notable that she has 2 siblings and 2 children alive. Good genes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobytomi said:

She is not in good health, she's totally dying.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Some new photos of her in that article from her 115th birthday party. My verdict is she looks ok. I think she'll become the oldest Briton ever, but 116 might be a stretch. I don't think she'll become world's oldest person, though it would be nice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Some new photos of her in that article from her 115th birthday party. My verdict is she looks ok. I think she'll become the oldest Briton ever, but 116 might be a stretch. I don't think she'll become world's oldest person, though it would be nice.

She does look good. But so did Marya Branyas. And still Fusa Tatsumi looked awful and lasted for years. At that age it’s quite impossible to predict… 

• Like 1

Maria Branyas had been steadily declining from the start of the year and it was evident from recent photos.

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I don't think she'll become world's oldest person, though it would be nice.

Perhaps the world's oldest person that we can 100% verify without question...

22 minutes ago, Comped said:

Perhaps the world's oldest person that we can 100% verify without question...

Pretty much all the wop can be verified without question now…

• Like 1

On 29/06/2024 at 14:27, drol said:

The Chinese eldest are now Song Ping and Yang You, both born in 1917 and both Immortals.

Some minor names are still alive from 1915 such as Min Jingde and Wu Jiucheng. 1917 also has Fan Xixian.

Another extremely old minor name has popped up out of nowhere recently, Zhou Renqing (article), honorary director of the China International Taxation Research Institute who helped negotiate a tax treaty with Japan in the 80s. Turning 111 in November, he is described as "very healthy" and apparently is the oldest potentially verifiable Chinese man living.

• Like 3

Happy Birthday John Tinniswood, 112 today, oldest in the UK (and the world!).

No doubt he'll be out on a bender with the lads tonight to celebrate.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lobius said:

Happy Birthday John Tinniswood, 112 today, oldest in the UK (and the world!).

No doubt he'll be out on a bender with the lads tonight to celebrate.

We will probably get lots of coverage - he seems to enjoy the publicity.

Isn't Fauja Singh 113? 

6 minutes ago, thadee said:

Isn't Fauja Singh 113? 

Today he is, yesterday he was 118 and tomorrow he will be 126. He's an age fraud, his real age is believed to be somewhere in his (late?) 90's.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

On 21/08/2024 at 20:49, Bobytomi said:

Despite being in very good health, as you can clearly see from the photo, Hisako Shiroishi has died at 114.

• Like 17

46 minutos atrás, drol disse:

Apesar de estar muito bem de saúde, como você pode ver claramente na foto, Hisako Shiroishi morreu aos 114 anos.

She was the 7th oldest person in the world, consequently the oldest person born in the 1910s. With this death Frenchwoman Marie Rose Tessier born on 21 May 1910 in la Loire, and living in Chateau-d'Olonne, Vendee, Pays de la Loire is the oldest person born in 191x (1910). With this death Naomi Whitehead becomes the 10th oldest person in the world, born in Georgia (USA) on September 26, 1910 and lives in Greenville, Pennsylvania

Back from a hiatus, was honestly hoping Maria Branyas would've been competitive for the 118+ club - especially since nobody has lived past 119 in my lifetime. Frustrating that the next contender is 116 and 2 months old, we are again ages away from any significant milestone. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Great Cornholio said:

Back from a hiatus, was honestly hoping Maria Branyas would've been competitive for the 118+ club - especially since nobody has lived past 119 in my lifetime. Frustrating that the next contender is 116 and 2 months old, we are again ages away from any significant milestone. 

There is always a chance that there is someone older than Itooka out there but it seems unlikely.

I think Calment`s record will unlikely be beaten this half of the century at this rate.

On 26/08/2024 at 02:57, thadee said:

Isn't Fauja Singh 113? 

Documentation was found for Fauja stating that he was born 01 April 1928, and exaggerated his age by 17 years early in life. He is therefore, 96

• Like 1

The best bits of the 110club about Charlotte's untimely death:

I can’t believe, we lost Maria branyas and charlotte kretschmann

I can’t believe she died in her sleep and same Maria branyas, they died in her sleep 

THIS CAN'T HAPPEN, SHE WAS A GRANDMA TO ME, I FOLLOWED HER ON INSTAGRAM FOR A LONG TIME, CHARLOTTE CAN'T DIE

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL, I AM REALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW, CHARLOTTE WAS ALWAYS MY FAVORITE SUPERCENTENARIAN EVER, THOSE WHO FOLLOWED KANE TANAKA WHO WAS MY SECOND FAVORITE SUPERCENTENARIAN EVER CAN UNDERSTAND ME.
I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED
CHARLOTTE YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPACE IN MY HEART REST IN PEACE, I FEEL LIKE MY LIFE HAS NO MEANING NOW...

• Like 2
  • Haha 18