Mr Stats

World's Oldest

down to 6 Victorians with the death of Antonia Gerena Rivera at 115 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSlh=1&GRid=147305043&

So, will any Victorian see 2016?

I reckon at least one will.

Definitely Jerelean Talley. She's really healthy and strong for her age. On the other hand, I thought the same about Gertrude Weaver... and she lasted 5 days with the title.

• Like 1

down to 6 Victorians with the death of Antonia Gerena Rivera at 115 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSlh=1&GRid=147305043&

Definitely Jerelean Talley. She's really healthy and strong for her age. On the other hand, I thought the same about Gertrude Weaver... and she lasted 5 days with the title.

But the first 4 days she was fit as a fiddle. Let's see: Gertrude Weaver and the lead singer for The Weavers a couple months apart. Too bad Earl Weaver and Dennis Weaver died years ago.

SC

Guest time

Jerelean Talley has died according to the twittetsphere

I'm on my phone so no link.

They are dropping like flies this year, what with Misao Okawa, Gertude Weaver and now Jeralean Talley, Talley seemed so strong for her age that i thought she would make it to 117 like Okawa did but at that age anything can happen within the blink of an eye, miracle they all lasted as long as they did to be honest.

• Like 1

They are dropping like flies this year, what with Misao Okawa, Gertude Weaver and now Jeralean Talley, Talley seemed so strong for her age that i thought she would make it to 117 like Okawa did but at that age anything can happen within the blink of an eye, miracle they all lasted as long as they did to be honest.

This one breaks my heart. I too thought her strong at her age and pushing 120. Last time the oldest person in the world will one from my home area of Detroit, Inkster being a neighbouring city.

Shit. RIP

SC

• Like 1

Inkster......... Fuck's sake man.

*adds that to mental list of stupid American place names*

I guess..... she dropped her last stinker in Inkster?

Guest Guest

just 2 people born in the 1800s still alive then

Yes, Susannah Jones of the United States (born July 6th, 1899) and Emma Moran of Italy (born November 29th 1899). Who do you think will be the last one standing? I will go with Emma (I am banking on the good Mediterranean diet to see her through).

I think we should have three counts:

1. Last person born in the 19th Century.

2. Last person who was born while Queen Vic was still alive.

3. Last person born while Queen Vic was still alive who was also one of Queen Vic's subjects.

EDIT: I just did the research and we have

1. 6 people verified to have been born in the 19th Century if you count 1 Jan 1900 as the beginning of the twentieth century.

1A. 14 people verified to have been born in the 19th Century if you count 1 Jan 1901 as the beginning of the twentieth century.

2. Likewise, 14 people verified to have been born whilst Queen Vic was still alive.

3. 2 people (Ethel and Violet) who were subjects of Queen Vic.

Now that we are down to a manageable number, let's list them:

1. 2 people verified to have been born in the 19th Century if you count 1 Jan 1900 as the beginning of the twentieth century: Susannah Jones (USA) and Emma Morano (Italy).

1A. 5 people verified to have been born in the 19th Century if you count 1 Jan 1901 as the beginning of the twentieth century: Jones (USA), Morano (Italy), Violet Brown (Jamaica), Nabi Tajima (Japan) and Goldie Steinberg (USA).

2. Likewise, 5 people verified to have been born whilst Queen Vic was still alive (as per the above).

3. 1 person (Violet Brown) who was an actual subject of Queen Vic's.

Yes, Susannah Jones of the United States (born July 6th, 1899) and Emma Moran of Italy (born November 29th 1899). Who do you think will be the last one standing? I will go with Emma (I am banking on the good Mediterranean diet to see her through).

Interesting. It's a battle of bacon and eggs. Jones loves her bacon, Morano slurps down 3 raw eggs a day (and has avoided Listeria successfully). I think Jones will go first for no particular reason other than Morano's doctor seems to think her health is amazing.

And by 'Definitely' RadGuy means maybe.

SC

• Like 1

Jones won't last long because she is said not to be doing anything for her health.

I have just read a description of Jones health and I do not think she will be featuring in anyone 2016 DDP lists.

• Like 1

I'm afraid we might welcome 2016 without anybody from the 19th century.

BTW, I'm sure Emma Morano/Susannah Jones (but probably Enma) will get a TON of media attention when she dies, being the last living person born in the 1800s.

Guest Guest

well there were 13 'Victorians ' at the start of the year and 8 of them have died and we're not even halfway through the year so it's not looking good for them !

it fascinates me that people can live this long.

Happy 116th birthday to Susannah Mushatt Jones!

• Like 3

Happy 116th birthday to Susannah Mushatt Jones!

jesus holy christ. where does the will to live come from??

• Like 1