Deadornot

Who are the immortals?

On 04/08/2023 at 08:02, arghton said:

Buthelezi reportedly fighting for his life now...

DILIP KUMAR!

Buthelezi improving .

Is this a fucking global joke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 04/08/2023 at 19:44, arghton said:

To me the "top" immortals living currently on the list (in addition to Carter, Bhuddhadeb, Chamorro and Woodward) are...barker Etc etc

Saalumarada Thimmakka who's suffered from COPD for over 12 years, broken hip and other health complications and was in hospital nearly every year between 2012 and 2021, ...

Saalumarada Thimmakka hospitalised after falling in the bathroom, but "only suffered a mild bone injury" and recovering (what else did you expect, she's only around 95!)

• Haha 2

Fuck's sake. Next: Bob Barker stable and recovering after being blown up by Russian rocket.

All these people were not simply ill, thery were the illest people on the planet. So you would think the next hospitalization, another one of an infinite chain, would be their last one.

Ezrachi was a medical miracle by having been resuscitated at 92 with close to 0% chances of survival. He gets on life support and "very critical, unstable" condition two years later. Yet, this is not enough... he is able to withstand two surgeries and gets discharged in good shape.

Krasko has suffered three strokes recently and was completely dying in January. He suffers another, serious stroke and how the hell he is discharged in two weeks and is in good health.

Thimmakka was dying ten years ago, had COPD for decades and a chain of hospitalizations suring the COVID (she never got COVID). Gets in hospital again and guess what? Stable and improving.

Buddhadeb is a medical miracle, having survived a 2020 hospitalization in extremely critical condition and 2021 with COVID on life support (already that unexplainable). He gets hospitalised two years later, bedridden, on oxygen for years, life support, multiple organ failure. To be discharged next week. How the hell is this possible?

Buthelezi has been hospitalised around seven times in the last two years, he gets surgery for the fakes "back pain" possible, gets readmitted in ICU, "not improving", silence for two days. Gueeess what? Stable and improving.

All the Russian names arghton mentioned in recent months being critical.... all alive and out of hospital! Even two cadavers like McMichael and MacGowan are stable and improving. Not talk about Dr. M. who got discharged in a day.

One of the most disappointing periods for a Reaper who does not seem able even to carry out obvious tasks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Tbf Mongo tried his best with a DNR request but it got ruled offside by the VAR referee when he was in a coma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/08/2023 at 13:37, drol said:

Fuck's sake. [...] One of the most disappointing periods for a Reaper who does not seem able even to carry out obvious tasks.

Seeing as you're in a bad mood, here's Maria Nyerere placing a wreath on the grave of Wamala's younger successor.

524ee962-ef91-4056-9e0c-d3e4a88b53c1.jpg

On 06/08/2023 at 21:37, drol said:

All the Russian names arghton mentioned in recent months being critical.... all alive and out of hospital!

Here's a "recap" who there has been in addition to Krasko since December:

1. Bedros Kirkorov (1932) History of heart problems, a-fib, in ICU with congestive heart failure in April 2022, hospitalised with massive heart problems and in ICU in November 2022 and underwent emergency heart surgery and pacemaker implantation, again in ICU with pneumothorax and pneumonia combination in December 2022 that he was not expected to survive, hospitalised in January with pneumonia and complications of angina pectoris, heart failure and CAD. Again in hospital in July.

2. Nikolay Drozdov (1937) Recently he's been hospitalised atleast two times after breaking multiple of his ribs and last month he was very ill and in ICU with an intestinal infection, kidney cysts and everything else. He of course survived and was discharged more than a week ahead of schedule.

3. Leonid Roshal (1933) Suffers from parkinson's and brain tumors, hospitalised in ICU in critical condition in February after a severe fall, apparently recovered in a few weeks.

4. Alexander Mitta (1933) Serious covid in March, in ICU, serious condition after suffering a severe stroke in July.

5. Gleb Panfilov (1934-2023) Widowed in January, fighting for his life after suffering a major stroke (+ pneumonia) in May. Spent more than a month in ICU and still hasn't been discharged, but was already "in good health" in July.

6. Larisa Latynina (1934) Hospitalised in January with a heart attack as a complication from a stroke. Of course it apparently wasn't enough.

7. Lidiya Fedoseyeva-Shukshina (1938) Very ill for the last ten years with heart failure, "acute heart attack" in 2019, hospitalised in unstable condition, ICU in June after suffering a stroke and discharged a month later.

8. Igor Yasulovich (1941-2023) In coma, ventilator, ICU with acute kidney failure and hydronephrosis in July, "recovering" in August.

9. Nikolai Trubin (1931) Last Soviet Procurator General. Obese and falsely said to have died in 1996, hospitalised last month with massive heart problems, probably discharged by now.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2023 at 21:09, arghton said:

Saalumarada Thimmakka hospitalised after falling in the bathroom, but "only suffered a mild bone injury" and recovering (what else did you expect, she's only around 95!)

Spinal injury according to this. Image from today or yesterday as she was visited by a local politician:

saalumarda.jpg.8b7865e643ae3bc8e79cd42c85d866a3.jpg

Buddhadeb discharged.

Top immortal stunt without a doubt.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, drol said:

Buddhadeb discharged.

Top immortal stunt without a doubt.

These East Asian Men or women are just something different

Here's a video of him being discharged. 

Meanwhile Buthelezi who was "fighting for his life in ICU" a week ago, is now "doing well".

• Like 1

On 20/05/2023 at 00:56, arghton said:

This one is higher in quality:

flocare.jpg.b59ea1ced87b7ffe53f9db96322f835f.jpg

That's atleast a Nutricia Flocare Infinity feeding pump in the background. He looks...decaying in this image but looked great and lucid in the video that's been posted on Chinese social media (which suprises me as he was apparently suffering from major memory loss in 2018). Even though this is from two months ago I'd be very suprised if he made it to his 110th. I doubt someone in that condition can be kept alive for a very long time. Doing very well for someone who was in coma in 1936 though.

Zhang Lixiong was visited some days ago (possibly on Monday), seems like his condition is pretty much the same after more than five months in ICU:

lixiongimg1.png.f4639277c99fb02eaa322f5867113202.png

However I would still be very suprised if he made it to his 110th.

Edit: Apparently "ministerial-level care" that he, other generals and ministers receive means that he has a medical team of up to 25+ people caring him 24/7. There's also "cadre-level care" that's not as "extreme" that for example Feng Zigen is getting.

• Like 1

42 days since the last hit... third longest drought about to become the second.

• Sad 1

Next try: Mario Zagallo hospitalised with urinary tract infection.

• Like 1

Buthelezi apparently on life support, then out of ICU and back in ICU on friday. This article seems a bit outdated but mentions he is/was suffering from pneumonia on top of his other ailments. The most recent official update I've seen however said that he was improving.

Thimmakka was still in ICU and on IV meds three days ago but it's been radio silence since. I think the spinal injury she suffered was more severe than they originally said. 

Anyways I think the drought won't last much longer. Most of the listers are already in 24/7 care and could die any day. Interesting how here the longest droughts and silent periods always seem to happen between the end of June and the start of September. For the DL May or June seems to be the usual quiet month from what I've seen and heard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hospice care: Jimmy Carter, Joanne Woodward

Currently hospitalised: David Musuguri (diabetes complications), Saalumarada Thimmakka (ICU with spinal fracture), Zhu Rongji (Parkinson's), Mario Zagallo (UTI), Mangosuthu Buthelezi (pneumonia), Yang You, Zhang Lixiong (three months in ICU)

Recently survived hospitalization: Violeta Chamorro (brain tumor, dementia, stroke), Mahathir Mohamad (infection), Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee (COPD, extreme respiratory failure)

Very failing health: Kabosu 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, drol said:

Hospice care: Jimmy Carter, Joanne Woodward

Are we sure Woodward is in hospice care though ? wasn't the April article a so vague source that we agreed it was a fake news ? 

I tend to think that if she were in hospice care, she would be long dead. I don't see her lasting as long as Jimmy Carter.

Kabosu's 2 month-long silence on instagram was interupted by her owner now thinking about putting her to sleep (translation?) - 4 days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv1GALUpj3R/?img_index=1 

Yesterday, they were out though, but I think Kabosu doesn't really walk anymore:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv7PjDupoHA/

22 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Kabosu's 2 month-long silence on instagram was interupted by her owner now thinking about putting her to sleep (translation?) - 4 days ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv1GALUpj3R/?img_index=1 

Yesterday, they were out though, but I think Kabosu doesn't really walk anymore:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv7PjDupoHA/

Actually from the first post she says Kabosu "is in good health" and she is not thinking about euthanasia right now, as she is able to walk, eat and communicate.

3 minutes ago, drol said:

Actually from the first post she says Kabosu "is in good health" and she is not thinking about euthanasia right now, as she is able to walk, eat and communicate.

Hm, yes, you're right. I can see it now on the phone. The mobile app seems better for this than the desktop version.

2 hours ago, drol said:

Currently hospitalised: David Musuguri (diabetes complications), Saalumarada Thimmakka (ICU with spinal fracture), Zhu Rongji (Parkinson's), Mario Zagallo (UTI), Mangosuthu Buthelezi (pneumonia), Yang You, Zhang Lixiong (three months in ICU)

I'd add Hu Qili there. He was said (however not confirmed by any reliable source) to be seriously ill early this year shortly after his wife died and I think at this point he might be in a "permanent hospitalisation" state like Rongji and Yang You. How long has it been since his last public appearance? Thich Thanh Tu was ill a month or two ago but wasn't hospitalised and has now recovered to his usual state.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, arghton said:

I'd add Hu Qili there. He was said (however not confirmed by any reliable source) to be seriously ill early this year shortly after his wife died and I think at this point he might be in a "permanent hospitalisation" state like Rongji and Yang You. How long has it been since his last public appearance? Thich Thanh Tu was ill a month or two ago but wasn't hospitalised and has now recovered to his usual state.

Not that much, he was taking part in CCP banquets in 2019 IIRC and organized a golf tournament in 2020. Of course let's not forget he was dying in August 2018.

drol is probably having a panic attack trying to find new names for the 2024 class due to no one dying :lol:

7 hours ago, arghton said:

Buthelezi apparently on life support, then out of ICU and back in ICU on friday. This article seems a bit outdated but mentions he is/was suffering from pneumonia on top of his other ailments. The most recent official update I've seen however said that he was improving.

Thimmakka was still in ICU and on IV meds three days ago but it's been radio silence since. I think the spinal injury she suffered was more severe than they originally said. 

Anyways I think the drought won't last much longer. Most of the listers are already in 24/7 care and could die any day. Interesting how here the longest droughts and silent periods always seem to happen between the end of June and the start of September. For the DL May or June seems to be the usual quiet month from what I've seen and heard

Spinal injuries tend to be the end for elderly patients.