Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Are You Being Served?

I saw this show a few times late night after the re-run of the BBC news on PBS. Can't say the show ever amused me and I am rather easy to amuse so if the whole lot of this show's cast kicked off I wouldn't exactluy be aggrieved.

Oh come now. It was a brilliant show. I have seen every episode at least 20 times and can rattle of dialog from memory, sad I know.

Your name is DEATH inDULUTH......you aren't helping promote tourism there are you? Is this the only enteretainment there in winter?

If it's Duluth, Minnesota, then there isn't a great deal of entertainment up that way.

Nearly all the ex-cast members were paying tribute today, including Mollie Sugden, so she's obviously well enough to still speak her mind (after a relatively quiet spell)

Nearly all the ex-cast members were paying tribute today, including Mollie Sugden, so she's obviously well enough to still speak her mind (after a relatively quiet spell)

Not necessarily. "Benny Hill" paid tribute to Frankie Howard despite having died a few days before him. Have we actually seen Mollie make the statement or has it just been attributed to her?

I look forward to the inevitable tributes during the day.

Dame Wendy Richard, the highly unacclaimed non-oscar winning actress will no doubt offer a suitably sycophantic tribute.

Well predicted that man, the bitter faced old hag was wittering on Radio 4 within half an hour of the announcement... 'Lovely man - my partner and I have been visiting him daily - blessing as the end of his suffering'... (not clear if this was due to his illness or having to look at Wendy's sour mush)

Pam St. Clement?

Sorry, just going by the stereotypical use of the word partner.

Not necessarily. "Benny Hill" paid tribute to Frankie Howard despite having died a few days before him. Have we actually seen Mollie make the statement or has it just been attributed to her?

Er.. she was on the BBC today. Looked okay.

"Are You Being Served?" is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. The innuendos, expressions, slang, and predicaments made it hilarious.

The best show was when Inman was on the monitor and acting out the horse race. I laughed till I cried.

"And they're off!"

...and, dang it, I thought Wendy Richard was a fox!

I was looking for a "sitcom stars" thread, and this is the closest I got.

Kris Marshall, who was in My Family, Love Actually and in a role I don't quite understand on the BT ads, is in intensive care. I also thought he was in the film Wimbledon, but that is apparently another actor, although they look very similar to me.

This makes me wonder which other sitcom/soap stars could succumb to the cruel and untimely hand of fate.

Jo Absolom from Eastenders

David Platt

Patsy Kensit

June Whitfield

Sonia from Eastenders

The one out of Spandau Ballet

The rest of My Family

George and Mildred

Penelope Keith

Joanna Lumley

Mike out of the Young Ones

Actually I'm struggling to think of many sitcoms ...

Kris Marshall, who was in My Family, Love Actually and in a role I don't quite understand on the BT ads, is in intensive care. I also thought he was in the film Wimbledon, but that is apparently another actor, although they look very similar to me.

This makes me wonder which other sitcom/soap stars could succumb to the cruel and untimely hand of fate.

David Platt

Patsy Kensit

June Whitfield

Sonia from Eastenders

The rest of My Family

George and Mildred

Penelope Keith

Joanna Lumley

Mildred's long dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yootha_Joyce

Carla Lane has outstayed her welcome. I think she should be the next to go.

David Platt

Patsy Kensit

June Whitfield

Sonia from Eastenders

The rest of My Family

George and Mildred

Penelope Keith

Joanna Lumley

We can but live in hope. I am sick to f*****g death of hearing about how she went from a size 28 to a size 2 in three weeks - she's got a terrible tit job and a face like a parrot.

Sonia from Eastenders

We can but live in hope. I am sick to f*****g death of hearing about how she went from a size 28 to a size 2 in three weeks - she's got a terrible tit job and a face like a parrot.

It could be argued that when you're that much of a minger, dress size is rather academic

Sonia from Eastenders

It could be argued that when you're that much of a minger, dress size is rather academic

Hear hear - I'm pig ugly, so I don't give a sh*t that I'm a size 18. I love pies. And my face proves it.

Wendy Richard is dying of cancer...

Link

She's certainly 'dying of cancer', but whether she's dying of cancer is another matter.

Link

She's certainly 'dying of cancer', but whether she's dying of cancer is another matter.

Yeah, but what are the odds of her lasting till 31st December 2009?

That's what you have to think about when it comes to DDP, Deathlist etc...

I'm definitely picking her for next year. I often wondered what all the fuss was about her, she's a sh*t actress. That Albert Square death scene under the tree was the funniest thing I'd seen since she hit Arthur in the face with a frying pan for shagging Michael Aspel's wife.

I know a few things about her, she was living in the same area as my mum when she was "trying to make it."

As I cant afford to be sued, I shall say no more.

Link

Yeah, but what are the odds of her lasting till 31st December 2009?

That's what you have to think about when it comes to DDP, Deathlist etc...

Trudi Endersby was deffo gonna be dead in 18 months, over 18 months ago. Cancer isn't always the deadpool certainty some of us might think.

I know a few things about her, she was living in the same area as my mum when she was "trying to make it."

As I cant afford to be sued, I shall say no more.

Wait until she dies, then dish the dirt! The dead can't sue

BBC News updated to report she's marrying her boyfriend and starting chemo on Oct 13th, so we'll get plenty to post. More to the point, they wouldn't be bothering chemo if she was gonna be dead by Christmas anyway. So the flurry of low-hanging/joker picks may be in order, cashing in around this time next year.

Rossiters, the department store in Paignton, Devon, which is supposed to have inspired David Croft and Jeremy Lloyd to write Are You Being Served?, is shutting down after 150 years.

Mollie Sugden - Mrs. Slocombe - b.1922

John Inman - Mr. Humphries - b.1935 (but was ill not that long ago)

Trevor Bannister - 1st Mr. Lucas - b.1936

Frank Thornton - Capt. Peacock - b.1921

Wendy Richards MBE - Miss Brahms - b.1943

Nicholas Smith - Mr. Rumbold b.1934

Mr. Grainger, Young Mr. Grace and the Maintenance Guy died 1978, 1981 and 1995 respectively.

So any possible candidates for deathlist in the near future.

That's all but 2 gone now.Only Nicholas Smith and Frank Thornton survive :o

Trevor Bannister is also a loss to the cast of Last of the Summer Wine.I'm sure I saw a thread for that show somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it!

Last of the Summer Wine.I'm sure I saw a thread for that show somewhere but I'm damned if I can find it!

There you go

Last Of The Summer Wine