millwall32

Brinsworth House and Denville Hall

I cant quite remember, how did we get to find out who exactly is in there?

Was at home doing nothing today and had a look at the website and that doesn't seem to say.

Did we have a mole on the staff or soemthing?

Cant find it in the thread.

You could try the info from Page 6 - post number 78. But I think it will be a red herring.

hi there.. just fort i would let u no that i am a waiter at brinsworth house.. there are currently 35 residents and infact richard 0 is there as u are right... he is very well and if u get to brinsworth house early enough.. u could even catch him grabbin his ciggies and paper at the local shop (he usually leaves about 930... alan is still goin strong aswell... everyone is great.. any information you want to no just email me ... i hope i was a little help

dan

Oh yeah.....

I just read an another thread in another forum that Bob Holness is in here too. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I just read an another thread in another forum that Bob Holness is in here too. Can anyone confirm or deny?

If so, I bet there's chuckles to be had among the staff when he asks for the chamber pot...:nerd:

Is his first wife still in Brinsworth House?

Asked of Penny Calvert, Brucie's first missus in another thread. The Wiki for Brinsworth has been updated recently, and alongside Calvert and long-time DL favourite Richard O'Sullivan, apparently "legendary tap dancer" Steve Clark and musical hall singer Alf Pearson are current residents. By my fag packet estimations Pearson must be close to 100 by now.

I love this thread. I see Kathy Kirby was in there when she died, so there's space for another one. Do we know for definite if Bob Holness is in there? Any news on Pepe Poupee?

Brinsworth Wiki page cites Penny Forsythe as a current resident. I'm guessing Bob Holness would be mentioned on the same page if he was in there.

There's a

that actually features an interview with Penny Forsythe, although she sounds remarkably clear for someone in a retirement home.

The only other residents that appear on-screen are at 1:12, but they're not identified. I think that might be Dickie on the left though?

Ancient stage actress, Norrie Woodhall, has taken her last bow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-15446080

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norrie_Woodhall

She was so old that she even knew Thomas Hardy (or met him once at any rate). In fact, according to the BBC article, she claimed her mum was the inspiration for Tess of the D'Ubervilles when Hardy perved on her while she was milking a cow.

(By the way, no idea if she was in Brinsworth House but if she wasn't, she should have been.)

She wasn't there because she wasn't a life-long actress or paid up in the Variety Club fund that would have got her the chance of residence.

And one for after the National, jockey Peter Toole is currently in critical condition with head injuries after a fall. Someone I went to hack college with who's on the newspapers in Merseyside seems to think he might not pull through so, idk, keep 'em peeled.

Peter Toole has been a semi-resident at Oaksey House, which seems to be a Brinsworth for injured jockeys. I'll tip up its founder, John Oaksey, as an outside bet for 2012 - he's been absent from racecourses for a while and missed a big win for his horse Carruthers last month.

And one for after the National, jockey Peter Toole is currently in critical condition with head injuries after a fall. Someone I went to hack college with who's on the newspapers in Merseyside seems to think he might not pull through so, idk, keep 'em peeled.

Peter Toole has been a semi-resident at Oaksey House, which seems to be a Brinsworth for injured jockeys. I'll tip up its founder, John Oaksey, as an outside bet for 2012 - he's been absent from racecourses for a while and missed a big win for his horse Carruthers last month.

Peter Toole seems to be on the mend

Being the ol' romantic I am, I was watching the Zeffirelli version of Romeo and Juliet the other night and was surprised to learn that the actors playing Friar Lawrence and the Nurse (Milo O'Shea and Pat Heywood)are both still alive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_O%27Shea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Heywood

I have no health info but both seem to be fairly active still, so I will just note them down as future prospects for now.

Meanwhile, here is a choice quote from Bill Shakespeare's play:

"Thou detestable maw, thou womb of death,

Gorged with the dearest morsel of the earth,

Thus I enforce thy rotten jaws to open,

And, in despite, I'll cram thee with more food!"

Being the ol' romantic I am, I was watching the Zeffirelli version of Romeo and Juliet the other night and was surprised to learn that the actors playing Friar Lawrence and the Nurse (Milo O'Shea and Pat Heywood)are both still alive:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Milo_O%27Shea

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Pat_Heywood

I have no health info but both seem to be fairly active still, so I will just note them down as future prospects for now.

Meanwhile, here is a choice quote from Bill Shakespeare's play:

"Thou detestable maw, thou womb of death,

Gorged with the dearest morsel of the earth,

Thus I enforce thy rotten jaws to open,

And, in despite, I'll cram thee with more food!"

Jeez! I thought Milo O'Shea died years ago.

There's a

that actually features an interview with Penny Forsythe, although she sounds remarkably clear for someone in a retirement home.

The only other residents that appear on-screen are at 1:12, but they're not identified. I think that might be Dickie on the left though?

Daily Mirror article says Bruce is still visiting and caring for his first wife. Apparently, she was moved in five years ago, after it became impossible to care for her at home. Also, mentions she had a stroke.

There's a

Daily Mirror article says Bruce is still visiting and caring for his first wife. Apparently, she was moved in five years ago, after it became impossible to care for her at home. Also, mentions she had a stroke.

That article includes the line: "His infectious smile and bubbly character brighten up living rooms across the country every weekend."

So, it's my problem if I think him a twat and leave the room when Mrs MPFC starts indulging her Strictly passion, then?

There's a

That article includes the line: "His infectious smile and bubbly character brighten up living rooms across the country every weekend."

So, it's my problem if I think him a twat and leave the room when Mrs MPFC starts indulging her Strictly passion, then?

I imagine many people think he's a twat which is why we have an article about wonderful he is.

There's a

You will be able to watch next week as Bruce gets the week off.

• Like 1

Following on from recent discussions, who else in there these days?

I see that the non-QO Steve Clark was in before he died earlier this year.

Did some Twitter digging. An actress called "Jo Gordon" is in there (possible this Josephine Gordon?) Here's a video from 2013 I haven't seen shot in the home, gonna assume most of the inhabitants (except Teddy and Pearl) are gone.

Also some claims that Pepe Poupee (an Oompa-Loompa among other short people roles) is in there as well.

• Like 1

Also, Glynis Johns is in Denville Hall, I am reliably informed.

I have read that Doreen Keogh is in a home.Whether it is Brinsworth house or not I dont know.

On 07/03/2012 at 23:30, Paul Bearer said:

Jeez! I thought Milo O'Shea died years ago.

Obviously not related to thread or owt , and Milo is deid, but I 'think' his wife Kitty still kicks.

She'd obit......

Two scorching days forecast for London

What if, someone close to Twickenham - like - snuck into BH when the casual night staff were on and just - sort of - turned the heating up a little?

• Like 1