Magere Hein

Madonna

2 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

We are living in a bacterial world…

Was she treated by someone like a surgeon?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Superstar said:

Whenever I see these posts I want to say

BANG!  :burnash:

I wonder if it's true about the bacterial infection. There have been stories that she's become heavily reliant on painkillers. She's also about the same age as her mother was when she had cancer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I wonder if it's true about the bacterial infection. There have been stories that she's become heavily reliant on painkillers. She's also about the same age as her mother was when she had cancer.

Didn't her mother die in her 30s?

2 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I thought her mum died at 62? But might be wrong.

Maybe her step mom, but her real mom died in 1963, from breast cancer, when Madonna was on 5. So, if her birth mom died, at 62, then she had Madonna REALLY late in her life.

1 hour ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I believe the bacterial infection is real, but I also think:

Patients coming out of an overdose often vomit, which can lead to aspiration into the lungs and pneumonia. And then there's a condition called pulmonary edema, which hits some patients who are revived — their lungs fill suddenly with fluid.

"The lungs become so waterlogged that you can't get any more oxygen into the body even though the patient is wide awake and they're struggling to breathe," Lai Becker says.

Serious Injuries Can Linger After Opioid Overdose : Shots - Health News : NPR

1 hour ago, lilham said:

I believe the bacterial infection is real, but I also think:

Patients coming out of an overdose often vomit, which can lead to aspiration into the lungs and pneumonia. And then there's a condition called pulmonary edema, which hits some patients who are revived — their lungs fill suddenly with fluid.

"The lungs become so waterlogged that you can't get any more oxygen into the body even though the patient is wide awake and they're struggling to breathe," Lai Becker says.

Serious Injuries Can Linger After Opioid Overdose : Shots - Health News : NPR

I think her infection is more likely to be linked to her excessive amount of plastic surgery. 

• Like 1

Trio of 80s megastars.

2009 - Michael Jackson

7 years later..

2016 - Prince

7 years later..?

6 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Trio of 80s megastars.

2009 - Michael Jackson

7 years later..

2016 - Prince

7 years later..?

Not totally convinced, then again I have skin in the game - sort of - having posted years ago that Michael Jackson's premature death wasn't in the least bit surprising but also predicting Madge would get old, cranky and go all Greta Garbo on us, flouncing about still convinced she was the real star long after her best days. I found the recent bicycle pump up the arse look very disappointing and if she briefly battles death in 2023 my predictions are truly fucked. But I'm sticking by them for the moment. Cher - who had serious plastic surgery in less skilful times - is 77, Madge can go that distance at least. Though she may not have a good album left in her, let alone a great one.

I'm only joshing really - it is more likely that she'll go down the Norma Desmond route. "I'm still big, it's music that's got small!"

13 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

I'm only joshing really - it is more likely that she'll go down the Norma Desmond route. "I'm still big, it's music that's got small!"

She'd - sort of - have a point, at her best she was ground-breaking and innovative for sure and artists in that bag now aren't huge sellers, so the decade she enjoyed from around 1985 onwards won't be available to anyone else unless things change. 

56 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

I think her infection is more likely to be linked to her excessive amount of plastic surgery. 

Opiate addiction from the plastic surgery, hip surgery, breaking ribs, etc. was my thought.

• Like 1

May be an image of text that says "C'MON, MADONNA!!!"

Makes me wish that I did re-add her to my list, like I was thinking about. lol

Grain of salt sources, but radaronline says they used narcan to revive her: https://radaronline.com/p/madonna-revived-narcan-brought-back-dead-hospital/

Her twins may have found her.

Madonna was in the studio with Katy Perry hours prior: https://nypost.com/2023/06/30/madonna-in-studio-with-katy-perry-hours-before-collapse-report/

Septic shock, I was in the hospital for two days last month on the verge of sepsis (caught it before cellulitis advanced). I am still in pain. $28k, glad insurance covered all but a few hundred US$. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Statement posted on Instagram. Fairly optimistic about recovery timescales and fulfilling tour commitments. 

Not sure if the photo posted with it is her current look, but if so she's looking more like her natural self, but also a bit like Italian prime minister Giorgia Meloni.

Screenshot_20230710_171613_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230710_171619_Instagram.jpg

Nowt on exactly when the postponed tour dates will go ahead, mind

I'm thinking she'll recover to the point they will...unlike Ozzy (my mate and I held tickets for the first three attempts to stage his date in London with Judas Priest in support!) 

Well enough to be attending Beyoncé concerts with her kids. Tbh I think she looks a lot better than she did before the trip to hospital.

Screenshot_20230801_190810_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1