VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Mohamed Abdelwahab, Egyptian footballer, who won the recent African Cup of Nations has died, seemingly of a heart-attack, at just 23 years of age.

Charlie Wagner , 93, baseballer

I mention it only because it seems that healthier older people - de Capovilla, Mahfouz, Wagner - who were getting around and seemed OK seem to be dropping like flies lately. :) Wagner was on his way back from a baseball game (observing, not playing of course, but you get what I mean).

Ed Benedict, an animator for Hanna Barbera who helped design Fred Flintstone and Yogi Bear.

Dead aged 94. :)

Could this in some way be considered a near-miss of Joseph Barbera?

Bob O'Connor the mayor of Pittsburgh has died aged 61.

And I was hoping that he would last until next year, as he was slotted to be one of my top 3 picks on my 2007 list.

And I was hoping that he would last until next year, as he was slotted to be one of my top 3 picks on my 2007 list.

DDP list or another one?

I'm not sure he would've been a good pick for the DDP due to his non-fame in the UK. Not that it matters now anyway.

EDIT - I was forgetting the Guardian, of course, who sure enough have given him an obit. So, apologies, it might well have been a good choice. Again, not that it matters now.

Lots of Welsh artists here. Never heard of any of them. The Welsh should stick to singing.

I've only heard of four - Rolf Harris, Laurence Llewyllen Bowen, Frank Lloyd Wright and Bryn Williams.

Three of them as their Welsh link is slight, and Bryn Williams cos of F1, but he's a photographer.

and I'm Welsh.

I agree. Art isn't our thing. Stick to singing, rugby, sheep, getting drunk, coal mining & narrow-mindness. :)

Rolf Harris Welsh? Well, I see his parents were from Merthyr Tydfil (something I confess I did not know), but I think there are a few subtle clues in his act to his actual place of upbringing! He now has dual British / Australian nationality, and of course has been awarded an OBE, MBE and CBE.

DDP list or another one?

I'm not sure he would've been a good pick for the DDP due to his non-fame in the UK. Not that it matters now anyway.

EDIT - I was forgetting the Guardian, of course, who sure enough have given him an obit. So, apologies, it might well have been a good choice. Again, not that it matters now.

I meant for my 2007 ddp list.

You are right about the Guardian through. They give an obit to anyone and everyone.

I'm guessing as to where to put this, so please feel free to move if I'm putting it in the wrong place.

It's my first death post. I'm so excited! I even searched and everything!

Anyway, Nellie Connally, the widow of former Texas governor John Connally, died late Friday. She was the last survivor of the group that was in JFK's limo when he was assassinated.

I really hope I did this right.

I'm guessing as to where to put this, so please feel free to move if I'm putting it in the wrong place.

Anyway, Nellie Connally, the widow of former Texas governor John Connally, died late Friday. She was the last survivor of the group that was in JFK's limo when he was assassinated.

You beat me to it, CarolAnn.

I only just saw it announced on CNN but had to stop briefly on my way to the computer to ensure my daughter had a clean nappy :party:

clapper9yr.gif

Well done, CarolAnn! You're now a bonified, properly deflowered Deathlister - snaps!

When the discovery was made, Beaumont Hospital tracked down the family of the owner of the extra organs and returned them to be buried.

This quote from the link in the above post. I can't wait for a newspaper to track down the same family, that'll be....erm, interesting.

There was sort of a Lady Bird-related death over the weekend. Nellie Connally, the last survivor of the JFK assassination limo ride died suddenly on Friday at 87. She was the widow of former Texas Gov. John Connally and the couple were lifelong friends of Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson. Will the shock of losing a friend of over 70 years be enough to send Lady Bird on through the pearly gates?

There was sort of a Lady Bird-related death over the weekend. Nellie Connally, the last survivor of the JFK assassination limo ride died suddenly on Friday at 87. She was the widow of former Texas Gov. John Connally and the couple were lifelong friends of Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson. Will the shock of losing a friend of over 70 years be enough to send Lady Bird on through the pearly gates?

She apparently told President Kennedy "Mr. President, you certainly cannot say that Dallas does not love you" moments before he was assassinated. Now that is really ironic.

Admittedly it won't mean much unless you watch German TV but Annemarie Wendl, who played the infamous Else Kling in Lindenstrasse has died of heart failure aged 91. Her character was killed off in May this year after Wendl decided to retire due to failing health - indeed she outlasted her TV character by just 98 days.

This page from Bild is interesting. It sounds like she knew she didn't have long left.

elsealiens.jpg

:unsure:

If the Johnsons were lifelong friends of the Connallys, why did LBJ risk their lives when ordering the shooting of Kennedy in Dallas on 22/11/63? (alledgedly)