Merlin1935

Predict Your Own Death.....

I have an interesting conversation idea: When would you hate to die?

I'd hate to die the year of a US Presidential Election, before the election... (e.g. January 1, 2016 - November 8, 2016)... I at least want to know who the President will be in the next couple of years after I'm dead.

Also, this is a bit obessive compulsive, but I'd hate to die in the 2080s... you see, I was born in 2001, therefore if I die in the 2080s, I'd have lived in all the decades except the 2090s... but I'd rather just go in the 2070s (after missing out on two decades) or earlier because I don't want to live to be an old, grumpy grandpa.

• Like 1

I'd hate to die the year of a US Presidential Election, before the election... (e.g. January 1, 2016 - November 8, 2016)... I at least want to know who the President will be in the next couple of years after I'm dead.

Also, this is a bit obessive compulsive, but I'd hate to die in the 2080s... you see, I was born in 2001, therefore if I die in the 2080s, I'd have lived in all the decades except the 2090s... but I'd rather just go in the 2070s (after missing out on two decades) or earlier because I don't want to live to be an old, grumpy grandpa.

I`m not particularly bothered about the amount of decades I live through is long as it is between 7 and 9 :P.I wouldn`t like to die just before Christmas as all the hype I would have to endure would then been in vain then again I would be past caring.

I would prefer ideally to die instantly of a massive heart attack in my early 80`s on a nice yacht in the meditteranian sea lying on a deckchair in a sailors suit with several playboy bunnies huddled around me with a glass of whisky in one hand and a Cuban cigar in the other.

I`m not particularly bothered about the amount of decades I live through is long as it is between 7 and 9 :P.I wouldn`t like to die just before Christmas as all the hype I would have to endure would then been in vain then again I would be past caring.

I would prefer ideally to die instantly of a massive heart attack in my early 80`s on a nice yacht in the meditteranian sea lying on a deckchair in a sailors suit with several playboy bunnies huddled around me with a glass of whisky in one hand and a Cuban cigar in the other.

Ditto. Minus the cigar.

• Like 1

John Entwistle's death seems like a good one- heart attack whilst bingeing on cocaine with a prostitute. Although personally I'd prefer an obscure and mysterious death in about 20 years time at the most.

John Entwistle's death seems like a good one- heart attack whilst bingeing on cocaine with a prostitute. Although personally I'd prefer an obscure and mysterious death in about 20 years time at the most.

Like Rod Hull you mean?

• Like 1

I know some are being silly here, but I'll speak more seriously.

I always suspected I'd die due to some digestive tract issue, for reasons no one needs bother with.

About 16 months ago my outside of my left leg went numb and I suspected a pinched nerve, but doc recently said no, it's a detached vein. I have a few recent vericous issues in that leg as well. Also, it all came to the light when I had very sharp and quick pains in the area of detachment. That said, I'm on my feet most the time (when not in a pub) and it's really not slowed me yet.

Anyway, I suspect I'll die of a circulatory problem and at some point I'll stroke out and follow up w a heart attack inside of two years, and all that before I'm 60. I'll be 52 this month.

Stop ye fahkin cheering!

SirC

• Like 2

I'd hate to die during an American football December Sunday, either for fantasy football playoff purposes or the Super Bowl itself ---I can't even imagine, I'd cuss God out to no end not letting me watch my male soap opera finale.

SC

I always wanted to live through 3 centuries, i.e. get born in the 20th century, die in the 22nd century. But I'd have to become 118 years old for that, a bit unrealistic in spite of our progressing medical abilities. I feel relatively confident getting to 90. My only obstacle is my heavy consumption of sugary drinks. Many of my older relatives lived unhealthy lives as miners, so I think I cannot really compare to them. So I guess I die, let's say, 2075 [knocks on wood].

As I said, the greatest threat to me living long is my consumption of sugary drinks and the likelihood of getting diabetes. So this article got my attention:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jul/21/sugary-drinks-may-cause-type-2-diabetes-regardless-of-size-research-says

But then, there's a somewhat puzzling passage:

"The Cambridge team, who have published their research in the British Medical Journal, say they cannot prove that too many sweetened drinks causes type 2 diabetes from the evidence they were able to gather. But, if one assumes causality,(...)"

So yeah, we don't know if they cause diabetes, but let's assume they do and predict doom...

heart attack in my early fifties so twenty years left. probably brought on by the news of zsa zsa gabors death

• Like 2

heart attack in my early fifties so twenty years left. probably brought on by the news of zsa zsa gabors death

I think Zsa Zsa Gabor and Abe Vigoda are getting closest to the Clive Dunn like "are they immortal" status.

• Like 1

I think Zsa Zsa Gabor and Abe Vigoda are getting closest to the Clive Dunn like "are they immortal" status.
both if them have lived to an older an older age though but honestly I see vigoda going first

Dec 3 2042

Some young punk kid in a clearly marked No Hoverboard Zone will run into me while on his board and knock me off Sunset Cliff where I will die instantly.

September 5th 2015.

I will get shagged to death by Dave Grohl.

Guest Guest

I think I will die quite soon, probably from a massive heart attack, owing to the fact that I am nearly 30 stone and have diabetes. I'm going for me to die around december, 2016. I'd like a Christmas death :)

Guest Sir Crungefwel Draftsqueed

September 5th 2015.

Wouldn't he have to be fully legless for that

My parents died young(ish) at ages 43 and 64. All four of my biological grand-parents are deceased, at ages 40, 61, 79 and 96. Nannie made it to 106 but I think she is the exception rather than the rule. I'd like to be around for when my youngest graduates in 2022 and see at least one of the children get married and make me a Nana. I'm going to guess, Fall of 2032.

My darling sons would like me to live a bit longer than that, how much a bit is I don't know. I'm chosing to be flattered that they'd like to keep me around. Ha!

My parents died young(ish) at ages 43 and 64. All four of my biological grand-parents are deceased, at ages 40, 61, 79 and 96. Nannie made it to 106 but I think she is the exception rather than the rule. I'd like to be around for when my youngest graduates in 2022 and see at least one of the children get married and make me a Nana. I'm going to guess, Fall of 2032.

My darling sons would like me to live a bit longer than that, how much a bit is I don't know. I'm chosing to be flattered that they'd like to keep me around. Ha!

out of interest how old are you?

September 5th 2015.

Wouldn't he have to be fully legless for that

Cheeky cunt.

• Like 1

Approaching 49 but thanks to good genetics and a decent face cream I look about 34-36.

• Like 1

Approaching 49 but thanks to good genetics and a decent face cream I look about 34-36.

I have a favourite mirror like that, too.

• Like 2

I think I will die quite soon, probably from a massive heart attack, owing to the fact that I am nearly 30 stone and have diabetes. I'm going for me to die around december, 2016. I'd like a Christmas death :)

cant imagine your pall-bearers would like it too much

I have a different problem with the mirror. It shows a rapidly greying slightly tubby 45 year old when I am certain that I am a healthy slim raven haired 26 year old.

I was when my daughter was born.

I have a different problem with the mirror. It shows a rapidly greying slightly tubby 45 year old when I am certain that I am a healthy slim raven haired 26 year old.

I was when my daughter was born.

there's still a ton of things you can still do at 45 that you can do at 26

Some time May 2017 next year when Carlisle United - owned by Donald Trump - sign off on an unbeaten season in League One (having got there by the play offs when the January 2015 signings got promotion from League Two in 2016). The undefeated season and bonus of winning both the Carling Cup and the Football League Trophy (this one for the third time), will bring about a fatal heart attack as I watch three pieces of silverware being paraded around the Brunton Park pitch.

Failing that, I'm not a great drinker - other than DLCons, obviously - and don't smoke/do take regular exercise, so doubtless a sudden heart attack aged about 60 and my fat friends at the funeral muttering "always thought he'd see us out"

• Like 1