Jump to content
Hulot

49. Sir David Attenborough

Recommended Posts

Just been on the NTAs looking and sounding incredibly well for a 91 year old.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legend

 

Based on this I hope he has years ahead of him still (but I would have said the same about Charles Aznavour based on his interview 2 days before  he died!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Legend

 

Based on this I hope he has years ahead of him still (but I would have said the same about Charles Aznavour based on his interview 2 days before  he died!).

 

Dont frighten us like that!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely he’s going to make the list soon, right? I mean, he’s one of the oldest names that is definitely deathlisty that hasn’t made the list yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Surely he’s going to make the list soon, right? I mean, he’s one of the oldest names that is definitely deathlisty that hasn’t made the list yet...

Suppose so.  Seems healthy presently.  And is immortal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once Prince Phil dies The Queen is going to hook up with Sir David and they will go and live on the Galapagos Islands until the sun rises in the West.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Telling world leaders about climate change in Katowice

 

Must be in top 5 famous people I don't want to die - in fact as I think about it may be top.

 

He's on my top 5 famous folk who should have been on the DL yesterday already.

 

And yeah, big fan too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I ever attend a DL convention and one of you people put Sir David on your lists, first thing I will do is punch you square in the teeth, ya bastard.  Then I'll buy you a pint.
Don't you bring bad karma to this man.

SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If I ever attend a DL convention and one of you people put Sir David on your lists, first thing I will do is punch you square in the teeth, ya bastard.  Then I'll buy you a pint.
Don't you bring bad karma to this man.

SC

What a pity i'm teetotal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I got a feeling the country's going to mourn more when he goes than when Phil goes.

 

I mean even republicans like David. And pretty much everyone alive grew up with his documentaries as kids and through adulthood except really old fuckers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

To be honest I got a feeling the country's going to mourn more when he goes than when Phil goes.

 

I mean even republicans like David. And pretty much everyone alive grew up with his documentaries as kids and through adulthood except really old fuckers.

 

Also when he was Controller of BBC1 he not only commissioned The Ascent of Man and Civilisation  (two of the great documentary series) but also Monty Python, Old Grey Whistle Test and BBC snooker coverage! Man's had more direct influence on more walks of British life than even folk realise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, msc said:

 

Also when he was Controller of BBC1 he not only commissioned The Ascent of Man and Civilisation  (two of the great documentary series) but also Monty Python, Old Grey Whistle Test and BBC snooker coverage! Man's had more direct influence on more walks of British life than even folk realise.

 

I must have read that fact about him commissioning snooker coverage dozens of times. I still have to google it every time i read or hear it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deathray said:

I

 

2 hours ago, msc said:

 

Also when he was Controller of BBC1 he not only commissioned The Ascent of Man and Civilisation  (two of the great documentary series) but also Monty Python, Old Grey Whistle Test and BBC snooker coverage! Man's had more direct influence on more walks of British life than even folk realise.

It was BBC2

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It was BBC2

 

Indeed it was and he was instrumental in bringing colour tv transmissions to the UK which started on BBC2.

 

Snooker show pot black was one of his ideas and it led commentator Ted Lowe to say on an early show, "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green".  :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody typo. Attenborough turned down "promotion" as he was itching to get back out into the field, of course.

 

29 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

 

Snooker show pot black was one of his ideas and it led commentator Ted Lowe to say on an early show, "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green".  :lol:

 

That's up there with the Dougie Donnelly Final Score great: "And those of you who don't want to see the Old Firm result ahead of the highlights tonight, look away now. Well, 2-0 Rangers, who'd have thought?"

 


EDIT - Arse, totally forgot about the ISS till I saw this post now!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, msc said:

EDIT - Arse, totally forgot about the ISS till I saw this post now!

 

It was a great view from here. I took a crap photo of it using the phone.

 

20181203_174606.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Already lived longer then his brother,he might not have many years left

Well he did say yesterday, "time is running out".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Already lived longer then his brother,he might not have many years left

brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Already lived longer then his brother, he might not have many years left

 

Very perceptive observation to make about a 92 year person.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use