maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- / -. . .-- / -.-- . .- .-. / -.. -.. -

-.-- --- ..- / - --- --- .-.-.- / .- -. -.. / - --- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .-- .. ..-. . / .- -. -.. /... --.- ..- .. .-. .-. . .-..B)

• Like 1

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- / -. . .-- / -.-- . .- .-. / -.. -.. -

-.-- --- ..- / - --- --- .-.-.- / .- -. -.. / - --- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .-- .. ..-. . / .- -. -.. / ... --.- ..- :)

What on earth is a squ? B)

Enough of that nonsense! Y&T bassist Phil Kennemore, 57, is no more.

Oh, and we might like to keep Stratovarius drummer Jorg Michael :burnash:, Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch* and Todd Rundgren’s Utopia keyboardist Mark "Moogy" Klingman on our radar from the looks of it!

* I believe he may be already mentioned elsewhere.

Trish Keenan, singer with Broadcast, in hospital with pneumonia. Wiki/twitter is suggesting she's dead.

Guess you could say she has "Work and Non-Work"-ing respiratory system.

This site is reporting her dead.

By contrast, the sometimes ailing Meatloaf is well enough to be planning a role in a new BROADCAST series.

Musician Nile Rodgers, better known for his production work, is suffering from "an aggressive form" of cancer.

Musician Nile Rodgers, better known for his production work, is suffering from "an aggressive form" of cancer.

Better known for his production work?! The guy was the guitarist/writer for one of the greatest bands of all time, Devon. Especially for DTTG -

The other main two members also died young.

Austrialian guitarist Harvey James, who played with 70s rock group Sherbet, is suffering from lung cancer. He appeared on their biggest hit, the truly horrendous "
", which would have induced anyone to become a punk. The song climbed all the way to number four in the UK pop charts in 1976.

UK obit chances rather dodgy I should think, but you never know. :skull:

Howzat indeed, chalk one up for umpire DDT.

Sorry, but I kinda like that tune. No accounting for taste.

Why am I still up? Packers v Falcons, that's why.

Better known for his production work?! The guy was the guitarist/writer for one of the greatest bands of all time, Devon. Especially for DTTG -

The other main two members also died young.

Great stuff Harry. 'Thinking of you', would always feature in the ttG top ten tunes.

Whilst on the subject of great record producers, we've put Richard Anthony Hewson,

on our DDP team. This was based on a rumour of a tumour, which unfortunately I think I started.

If Morrissey should ever find his way on to the list, surely the only possible Deathlist pun would have to be "Heaven Knows He's Miserable Now!"

STS9 bassist David Murphy has announced that he has cancerous tumours in his sinus cavities. I've never heard of STS9, but I'm sure Harry McNally will be along soon to give us the lowdown. :wheelchair:

STS9 bassist David Murphy has announced that he has cancerous tumours in his sinus cavities. I've never heard of STS9, but I'm sure Harry McNally will be along soon to give us the lowdown. :wheelchair:

I can’t believe the depths to which some people will sink in the murky world of deadpooling - INVENTING a completely fictitious funk, jazz, drum & bass, psychedelic, hip hop, post-rock dance music band that sounds even worse than a mixture of Pendulum and Kasabian; FABRICATING a probably-fatal illness and assigning it to an imaginary bass player; and then CONCOCTING a fake website, a convincing wikipedia page and another 207,959 appearances on the interwebsuperhighway.

Let’s just hope the suitable obituary is also CONTRIVED when the time comes, after I’ve been FOOLED into selecting Mr Murphy for the next DDP.

Don't know if you'd class him as pop or country but that Jimmy Buffet guy fell off the stage and onto his head in Australia last night:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1473376...t-in-stage-fall

... he was taken to hospital.

It [the newspaper] quoted concert-goer Dan Bateman as saying: "It looked like he did a massive face plant after his encore and pretty much didn't get up.

"We were told to leave the premises. No one really wanted to leave because everyone was anxious to know if he survived the fall. Everyone was pretty horrified."

Don't know if you'd class him as pop or country but that Jimmy Buffet guy fell off the stage and onto his head in Australia last night:

It [the newspaper] quoted concert-goer Dan Bateman as saying: "It looked like he did a massive face plant after his encore and pretty much didn't get up.

"We were told to leave the premises. No one really wanted to leave because everyone was anxious to know if he survived the fall. Everyone was pretty horrified."

More info:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/27/3122659.htm

sounds as though he took the notion of stage diving a bit too literally :eshock:

Gladys Horton has died aged 66. She was a co-founder of "The Marvelettes" who had a hit in 1961 with the original version of "Please Mr. Postman" which was "notable as the first Motown song to reach the number-one position on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart". She was just 15 when the record was released.

A video of the fall has emerged (lasts 1:08, the fall is at 54 secs)

A video of the fall has emerged (lasts 1:08, the fall is at 54 secs)

Clumsy

Gladys Horton who sang lead in the song "Please Mr Postman" has died at the age of 66

Guest Guest

wasnt gary Moore once on the deathlist?