maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Time to institute a Soul Thread? I've seen country, folk, blues, jazz and pop.

• Like 1

No point, nae cunt left....

Wilz, you could start one...... 'Or'..... I would be hugely surprised that there was not one, at least, already.

• Like 1

Wilz, you could start one...... 'Or'..... I would be hugely surprised that there was not one, at least, already.

I thought I had seen one for Soul / R & B artists in the past, but it's long forgotten about. Perhaps when Isaac Hayes died was the last time someone posted to it and then it disappears unless someone bothers to search for it.

Ha ha, right off the bat I could name about 50 soul singers, musicians, producers etc. I appreciate the Forum might not want things to get too fractured, and if the mods confirm there doesn't appear to be a Soul thread, happy to start one.

Edit: should have mentioned there is also a rock/metal thread too.

Swithered about the category. Craig Gruber, original bassist with Rainbow, has died after battling prostate cancer. He was 63. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-rainbow-bassist-craig-gruber-dies-after-battle-with-prostate-cancer/

Edit: Should probably have gone in Stairway To Heaven etc. Gah you soft rock gods!

https://youtu.be/v5J2yjSmt_w

Errol Brown, Hot Chocolate legend has gone... :(

71 apparently although, being Errol Brown, he could have been 81.

Musicians dropping like flies. Another little piece of my childhood gone, RIP Errol.

Guest Guest

Damn . I liked a bit of Hot Chocolate when I was younger. They say everything comes in 3's. After Percy Sledge and Ben E King it looks like Errol Flynn completes the trio. Good news for BB King !

Guest Guest

A lot of black male singers have been dying recently - Percy Sledge, Ben E. King and now Errol Brown.

Next time it'll probably be three prog rock guitarists or something... death tends to come in threes like that

A lot of black male singers have been dying recently - Percy Sledge, Ben E. King and now Errol Brown.

Next time it'll probably be three prog rock guitarists or something... death tends to come in threes like that

See my post just before Errol on John Tout who has died - keyboardist though.

...........and not an American Police officer to be seen.

Spooky.

• Like 1

I saw Errol Brown on the same bill as Kevin Rowland down in Brighton a while back.

One of the best gigs I had been to in a long while.

I wonder if he really did believe in miracles.

I saw Errol Brown on the same bill as Kevin Rowland down in Brighton a while back.

One of the best gigs I had been to in a long while.

I wonder if he really did believe in miracles.

Believing in miracles isn't going to help now.

Perhaps when I get home tonight, I might start looking into the health status of the members from Boney M, Darts, and Shawaddywaddy.

• Like 1

Perhaps when I get home tonight, I might start looking into the health status of the members from Boney M, Darts, and Shawaddywaddy.

Well Bobby Farrell is dead and Marcia Barrett has suffered from ovarian cancer.

His passing has reminded me of the greatest band of all time, Sexual Chocolate.

#it started with a cyst#...

• Like 5

+5 for Shawaddywaddy reset

Get yerself down to Shoreham this weekend.

An "incredible" 40 years together according to the website with a picture of a band sporting minor members of the original line up and a some fresh-faced young chancers probably glad of the wage packet.

Or am I too cynical ahead of a barnstorming show by true legends this weekend?

An "incredible" 40 years together according to the website with a picture of a band sporting minor members of the original line up and a some fresh-faced young chancers probably glad of the wage packet.

I believe you are cynical but that's a virtue not a vice. So many band 'names' continue on and we know damn well virtually or literally none of the original ensembles are participants, I hate that (preparing a posts for Pets in extra curricular lol).

SC