maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

French news alert :

French media reports his death. The southern French daily newspaper La Depeche.fr reports it. 
https://www.ladepeche.fr/2023/09/19/celebre-chanteur-britannique-au-talent-de-siffleur-roger-whittaker-est-mort-a-87-ans-dans-le-village-du-tarn-et-garonne-ou-il-residait-11464030.php

In the first lines, it reads that he was the neighbour of the journalist who wrote on him in these newspaper. And Roger Whittaker didn’t live in Saint-Cirq-Lapopie in the Lot department as German medias report, he lived in the village Montaigu-de-Quercy in the Tarn et Garonne department.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, La Tombe said:

French news alert :

French media reports his death. The southern French daily newspaper La Depeche.fr reports it. 
https://www.ladepeche.fr/2023/09/19/celebre-chanteur-britannique-au-talent-de-siffleur-roger-whittaker-est-mort-a-87-ans-dans-le-village-du-tarn-et-garonne-ou-il-residait-11464030.php

In the first lines, it reads that he was the neighbour of the journalist who wrote on him in these newspaper. And Roger Whittaker didn’t live in Saint-Cirq-Lapopie in the Lot department as German medias report, he lived in the village Montaigu-de-Quercy in the Tarn et Garonne department.

He’s said his Last Farewell…..

Just seen this on X

Denny Laine from Wings has set up a Go Fund Me page for his 'Significant Health Challenges'

image.png.f7b8ab74ecb0b325f7565125867f256f.png

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but during the recent Radio 2 in the Park in Leicester Dave Ball from Soft Cell came on stage in a wheelchair and was almost unrecognisable 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but during the recent Radio 2 in the Park in Leicester Dave Ball from Soft Cell came on stage in a wheelchair and was almost unrecognisable 

Some handy deadpooling information about Dave Ball in this 3 month old article.

“I fractured lower vertebrae in my spine and cracked about five ribs and broke my wrist – I managed to damage myself quite a bit,” the 64-year-old says of the accident. A bout of pneumonia and sepsis followed and he ended up in intensive care in an induced coma. “I was in hospital for seven months – it was like my third lockdown,” he recalls. Since returning home at Christmas, he is still in “regular contact with doctors and nurses” and walking with crutches, but Ball is full of praise for his treatment, saying: “The aftercare is brilliant – I haven’t a bad word to say about the NHS. I was just talking to a nurse about the strike – the pay they get is pathetic. In my eyes they do a wonderful job.”

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 10:18, Bibliogryphon said:

Just seen this on X

Denny Laine from Wings has set up a Go Fund Me page for his 'Significant Health Challenges'

image.png.f7b8ab74ecb0b325f7565125867f256f.png

Given his co-writing credits he's made a fuck-tonne in royalties (Mull of Kintyre was Britain's best selling single until Band Aid's first effort took the title), so he must have been a bit careless with the cash, be very ill, or a combination of both.

40 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Is this the right thread?

Johnny Rotten/Lydon has a medical condition that only lets him eat soft and liquid foods:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12569877/Sex-Pistols-John-Lydon.html

That medical condition known as 'being a fucking minger who doesn't brush his teeth'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TQR said:

That medical condition known as 'being a fucking minger who doesn't brush his teeth'.

On dentists -  'They’re not what they’re cracked up to be. They forgot to mention to me you’re still supposed to brush your teeth.'

I mean, his self-reliance and independent spirit are what a lot of the die-hards love about him. Not his finest moment, frankly

Paul Rodgers, formerly of Bad Company and Free, is looking great here. However, he has revealed 11 minor and 2 major strokes in recent years. So possibly, could go at any moment.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Leo Sayer has been hospitalised with all sorts of problems in Australia for 3 weeks: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/leo-sayer-hospitalised-after-becoming-31158845

"Kidney, bladder and prostate complications"

The only complication he seems to have escaped is a thunder in his heart - could've been quite dangerous for a man his age.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/01/2022 at 21:44, msc said:

Dead folk taken out, including the one person who actually died in the 1970s. My bad! It now goes up to 1961 (so folk 60+) and I've used your lists and Top of the Pops to expand the 1950s section which was a bit thin on the ground. Not every singer/band here as that'd be a list of half a million living folk. If yer favourites are missing, its a personal slight, of course. Ahem. As the last list missed Sparks, I can't promise there isn't some obvious missing name...

-          1927: Cleo Laine, Laurie Johnson, Leontyne Price, John Kander, Teddie Chinery, Doc Severinsen, Ed Ames, Dick Hyman, Harry Belafonte, Barbara Dane, Sunny Gale, Carol Buschmann (Chordettes)

Carol Buschmann dead at 96.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 21/03/2023 at 12:16, YoungWillz said:

Ron Isley still not dead, but fighting a court case brought by Rudolph Isley, claiming Ron's business dealings cost Rudolph money: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11884003/The-Isley-Brothers-lawsuit-Ronald-Isley-accused-cutting-brother-Rudolph-groups-profits.html

Rudolph Isley reportedly dead: 

Obviously, subject to corroboration/confirmation. Source seems reliable.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Rudolph Isley reportedly dead: 

Obviously, subject to corroboration/confirmation. Source seems reliable.

Tweet now deleted. Looks like Isley is safe for now.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He's 84 and left the band in 1989 to work as a preacher - thinking that Tweet isn't a total accident and the man's tottering, or summat - currently alive according to Wikipedia, btw

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Narrator: Rudolph Isley was not safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, tracy said:

Narrator: Rudolph Isley was not safe.

That should bring his legal dispute to a close.

Had a feeling it was true, somebody jumped the gun.

Thanks tracy.

• Like 1