maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Bruce Springsteen played 'Take It Easy' for Glenn Frey last night in Chicago.

Next time Justin Bieber 's "Baby, baby oh..."

Colin Vearncome of Black ("Wonderful Life") fame "critically ill" in hospital after car accident.

Update on his website, does not sound good. :(

Update on various sites now even worse - end of "Wonderful Life".

He was to have appeared at the 80s Rewind Festivals, and was still included in the line-ups which were announced yesterday.

Staggering inefficiency and/or insensitivity.

• Like 1

2016 continues to be shit.

Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane/Starship has died

Confirmed by Cynthia Bowman, who is a long-time Airplane associate. Multiple organ failure and septic shock following a heart attack earlier this week.

Rather a big death for this huge Airplane fan.

This death was a strange coincidence, just that morning the wife and I were talking about Kantner as Jefferson Starship were opening for Blue Oyster Cult here while on tour. I knew Kantner was ill, I didn't realise he was that I'll

Just a few days after losing Paul Kantner, Signe Anderson, original lead vocalist for Jefferson Airplane has died at the age of 74

• Like 2

Just a few days after losing Paul Kantner, Signe Anderson, original lead vocalist for Jefferson Airplane has died at the age of 74

Someone in the comments saying she died the same day ....

Someone in the comments saying she died the same day ....

Wow that's just really weird

Never even knew someone was there before Grace. Learn something knew here through people's deaths every day.

SC

Edit: it wasn't a few days after--IT WAS THE SAME GODDAMN DAY! It took the story a couple days to get out! Now THATS freaky!

http://psychedelicsight.com/11890-anderson-signe-obituary/

Jim Reeves (apparently that was his real name), was the lead singer of Sqeezer, a Europop band who had four top 40 singles in Germany back in the late 90s. Anyway, he was found, apparently murdered, in his hotel room on Monday.

Let's take a few moments to appreciate Sqeezer's 1997 single, "Tamagotchi". About Tamagotchis.

• Like 1

Jim Reeves (apparently that was his real name), was the lead singer of Sqeezer, a Europop band who had four top 40 singles in Germany back in the late 90s. Anyway, he was found, apparently murdered, in his hotel room on Monday.

Let's take a few moments to appreciate Sqeezer's 1997 single, "Tamagotchi". About Tamagotchis.

Flag!

German charts don't count as relevant to inclusion in this thread (I say this as a former bass player for a band that had a #1 album in Germany, proving my point).

SirC

Please stop making up rules.

• Like 1

Flag!

German charts don't count as relevant to inclusion in this thread (I say this as a former bass player for a band that had a #1 album in Germany, proving my point).

SirC

Speaking as someone who sang backing vocals on a single that reached #9 in the UK charts, are you implying that we should question the music tastes of the population of Germany if your band's album got to #1?

• Like 2

Thought 'Grandma' got higher than #9...

• Like 1

Thought 'Grandma' got higher than #9...

It did, but I never attended St. Winifred's :P

• Like 1

Flag!

SirC

Speaking as someone who sang backing vocals on a single that reached #9 in the UK charts, are you implying that we should question the music tastes of the population of Germany if your band's album got to #1?

#9 in 2002, specifically 12th October 2002?

Flag!

SirC

#9 in 2002, specifically 12th October 2002?

It was around that time.

• Like 1

Dear Lord, that was bad music...and that simple Eurobeat techno rhythm came about 4 years too late...

Yep.

Which is when the smurfs were doing it in Germany..

Which one was bass SC ?

Yep.

Which is when the smurfs were doing it in Germany..

Which one was bass SC ?

Papa Smurf sang bass, Mama sang tenor, me and little brother Smurf would join right in there.

SC

• Like 1