football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Lee Jong-wook, head of the WHO. That's the World Health Organisation, not the Daltrey led combo.

Rushed to hospital today with a blood clot on his brain.

Looks like it could be another hospital long-stayer but any illness involving the brain is never good for anyone's health, even if they are head of a Health body.

Forget it, he's dead.

WHO?

HAHHA gotta love he sig tho...

No, I most certainly do not! Mr.Fugit is apparently stalking me and accusing me of all sorts of treacherous and even treasonous acts. I demand that he either make an immediate apology or provide his supposedly irrefutable proof that I am several other persons.

HAHHA gotta love he sig tho...

No, I most certainly do not! Mr.Fugit is apparently stalking me and accusing me of all sorts of treacherous and even treasonous acts. I demand that he either make an immediate apology or provide his supposedly irrefutable proof that I am several other persons.

he'd fail the humanness test, but looks like this year's Kentucky Derby winner could be off to the great glue factory in the sky

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/more...y.ap/index.html

Guest SOOn to register

And this effects me how exactly?

For no particular reason I just thought about Hans van Mierlo, a former Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs. He's 75, overweight, a drinker and a smoker. He's rarely been in the news recently. I think he'll suddenly pop off, one of these years.

But would he pass the Famousness Test?

It's hard to predict that with Dutch celebs. When Karel Appel died I slapped myself for not thinking of him and I knew that Gerard Reve was in a bad shape. Never even thought of suggesting them.

regards,

Hein

I know she's not Dutch but I have been wondering about the Somali-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali who wrote the script for Theo Van Gogh's film.

I know she's not Dutch but I have been wondering about the Somali-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali who wrote the script for Theo Van Gogh's film.

Have you missed the news? I've seen a BBC News article online about her.

She was elected MP in 2003. In the last few weeks a lot of noise was made about the fact that she lied to the authorities about her name and date of birth in her application for Dutch citizenship. Ms Hirsi Ali immediately resigned her seat in parliament and Ms Vedrdonk, the Minister for Immigration has started an inquiry whether Ms Hirsi Ali can retain her Dutch citizenship or not.

In September Ms Hirsi Ali will move to Washington DC to start work for some conservative think tank. Her political about face (Labour -> Liberal -> Conservative) is complete, unless she eventually joins the Fascists. I don't expect her to return to the Netherlands.

Anyway, here's her BBC New profile.

regards,

Hein

It's hard to predict that with Dutch celebs.

Talking about Dutch celebs how's Teddy Scholten these days? She must be about 80 now. Not sure they'd get a UK obit, though she might do as she pipped Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson to the post and won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1959 (still one of the UK's most famous entries even after 47 years!)

With the fact that the passing of Lloyd Bentsen gained a surprising amount of attention in the UK, I'd like to present a slightly less famous candidate, former Secretary of the Interior Thomas S. Kleppe.

86 going on 87, suffering from Alzheimer's and hasn't appeared in public for quite some time.

Just a thought. :D

he'ss from nOIthrrtth FDakota they never die sthere. Says he nwas mayor onedce too

I've said this elsewhere but Michael Winner reports himself as having lost 3 and a half stone in months. Yet admits to cuttin back a tad on food but enjoying his ususal mainstays. He's about to publish a book 'The Greedy Pig's Diet'.

Wouldn't it be ironic if his weight loss had nothing to do with diet. He may be diseased.... worth a punt.

no affense menat herae Vingar but I nesver heard of any otf those people. who are they>?

Canadian Paul Posted May 23 2006, 11:00 PM

With the fact that the passing of Lloyd Bentsen gained a surprising amount of attention in the UK, I'd like to present a slightly less famous candidate, former Secretary of the Interior Thomas S. Kleppe.

86 going on 87, suffering from Alzheimer's and hasn't appeared in public for quite some time.

Just a thought.

Never heard of him. 86 is still not that old. With regards Lloyd Bentsen is not that he was famous as a "sec. of state for something" but that he was Mondale's running mate and had that famous debate put-down on Dan Quale: "Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine, and you're no Jack Kennedy".

PS Ex BBC Radio One DJ had a small heart attack the other day and had minor surgery to open an arteiry. Looks quite jadded on TV "City Hospital" this morning but says he will be giving up smoking. If he does then he will have lots more years left in him yet.

With regards Lloyd Bentsen is not that he was famous as a "sec. of state for something" but that he was Mondale's running mate and had that famous debate put-down on Dan Quale: "Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine, and you're no Jack Kennedy".

My goodness gracious me. Have you no possession of historical knowledge within the field of politics? Mr.Bentsen was not, as you have tried to assert, Mr.Mondale's running mate. Mr.Bentsen was affiliated with Mr.Michael Dukakis former Governor of Massachusetts and ran with him on the Democratic ticket in the year of 1988. Mr.Mondale on the other hand ran in 1984 with female candidate for Vice President, Geraldine Ferraro. Both times the Democrats were defeated at the polls by Republican candidates, Mr.Mondale and Ms.Ferraro lost to President Ronald Reagan in his re-election victory and Mr.Dukakis and Mr.Bentsen lost to George H.W. Bush, World War 2 Veteran.

Italian journalist, Oriana Fallaci has cancer. She probably might not pass the famousness test for DL, but could be a very good ddp or hdp selection. She is very controversial for her European anti-immigration novels and her views against Halibuts.

Italian journalist, Oriana Fallaci has cancer. She probably might not pass the famousness test for DL, but could be a very good ddp or hdp selection. She is very controversial for her European anti-immigration novels and her views against Halibuts.

I was going to select her for my RDP team, but NNDB hasn't got her listed.

"Tracking the world", bollocks! NNDB is so American centred.

I was going to select her for my RDP team, but NNDB hasn't got her listed.

"Tracking the world", bollocks! NNDB is so American centred.

Well it is based in America. :old:

But no, I agree. They're getting a lot better though, especially if you look at the names from history. For example, they just added a large number of Ottoman Sultans.

I've read several of her books, like A Man and Inshallah. As fas as I'm concerned she passes the Famousness Test.

regards,

Hein

Re the Eurovision banter earlier. A few things. This little gem turned up on the Wikipedia re Kenneth McKellar:

His albums of the songs of Robert Burns (now digitized) are considered by musicologists to be definitive interpretations

We're talking ameobic musicologists, right?

Pearl Carr seems to be living, there's no date of death for her other half - Teddy Johnson either. Oddly he's the brother of long deceased (by his own hand) radical writer B.S. Johnson. Bet their fraternal conversations were surreal.

Oddly he's the brother of long deceased (by his own hand) radical writer B.S. Johnson. Bet their fraternal conversations were surreal.

BS Johnson being Bryan Johnson of Eurovision 'Looking High High High' fame of course. Neither of them could complain that one did better than the other though as they both came second.

I don't know if it means anything but somebody at work has just done an obit for Magnus Magnusson (b 1929).

I only know this because she blurted out loudly: "Oh, is he dead then?"

I had a quick snifter at it and it does mention something about "while in failing health...". Now obviously for someone as high profile as Mr I've Started So I'll Finish they'd need an obit ready for same day web/next day newspaper publication but maybe he's going to 'pass' fairly soonish.

How about Albert Uderzo - the Asterix illustrator? Nearly 80 and, erm, well that's old.

How about Albert Uderzo - the Asterix illustrator? Nearly 80 and, erm, well that's old.

Yes please, make him stop. His cartoons are getting worse and worse.

Hmphr grmbl,

Hein