football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

I don't know if he's already been mentioned, or if no-one but my ukulele-mad other-half even knows of his existance, but Bill Tapia is getting on a bit now. Last legs maybe??

Now you have me interested. I'm a bit of a ukulele man myself you know.

Makes me realise how little I know about ukulele players, apart from Formby.

So where's this Ukulele Forum then? Is it worth trolling? :D

I don't know if he's already been mentioned, or if no-one but my ukulele-mad other-half even knows of his existance, but Bill Tapia is getting on a bit now. Last legs maybe??

Now you have me interested. I'm a bit of a ukulele man myself you know.

Makes me realise how little I know about ukulele players, apart from Formby.

So where's this Ukulele Forum then? Is it worth trolling? :D

Most definitely! They are all crazy-mad for ukuleles and anything ukulele-related, but be warned: you will be moaned at until the end of time if you mention Mr G Formby! He, apparently, played a banjo-ukulele, not a REAL ukulele!( shock, horror ) and isn't mentioned much.

It would be great fun for me if someone did happen to join their forum and, say, wind them up a bit. It's great fun winding my hubby up and I'd get huge amounts of pleasure from watching him wound up by someone else!! :D:lol:

I am learning to play the uke myself, and am finding it really easy, surprisingly, but I'm not into listening to ukulele bands or whatever!

If you want to go and have a nosey, I can't stop you, it's Uke Players of the World. Enjoy!!

If you want to go and have a nosey, I can't stop you, it's Uke Players of the World. Enjoy!!

Good God. :o It's fora like that, and the Power Rangers one I stumbled across over that obit of that dead actress, that makes this one, where we frantically check google news search for any news on Ernest Gallo positively normal

I fear by giving away the site to all, and not just Mr. N, your husband may be soon irate with a vastly increased number of trolls! ;)

I am actually learning to play the uke. My other half bought me a uke for my birthday - the man in the shop said he sells loads of them! I was inspired after seeing the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain.

I am actually learning to play the uke. My other half bought me a uke for my birthday - the man in the shop said he sells loads of them! I was inspired after seeing the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain.

Ahhh... the UOGB. They are very good, but my hubby raves about them so much I'm becoming sick of them! He met George and Hester of the UOGB at a masterclass in London not so long ago... he was starstruck! Sad, I know.

As for getting annoyed at having a large volume of 'trolls', O of O, I find this all very comical and shall look forward to his many complaints; my resonse to which will involve quiet sN-wording behind his back. Oh what fun!

In the end, I'll tell him it was all my doing... and I'll also inform him of your concern, O of O, I'm sure he'll see the funny side. :o

I'm a bit of a ukulele man myself you know.
I am actually learning to play the uke.
my ukulele-mad other-half

Sounds like this could be a whole new direction for the band.

Anyone with cancer of the pancreas. I have been advised that it has a 98% mortality rate. :angry:

Anyone with cancer of the pancreas. I have been advised that it has a 98% mortality rate. :angry:

Yes you tend to be a gonner with that one but it is very difficult to detect. I know someone who lived for more than a year after doctors said they suspected he had it. But I think most would be gone inside a year, so if it ever gets a mention consider them a DL certainty.

Lost a friend to that just three monthes minus one plus 17 days ago. He was told and went fast not even three months after being told.

Stanley Kunitz - obscure by the standards of the well-read DL'ers but still a top 50 contender this year - got me thinking again. Surely, if he counts so does Edward Upward. Born 1903, if the man has a pulse in seven and a half months I reckon he'd do for the top 50.

Anyone with cancer of the pancreas. I have been advised that it has a 98% mortality rate. :dead:

Yes you tend to be a gonner with that one but it is very difficult to detect. I know someone who lived for more than a year after doctors said they suspected he had it. But I think most would be gone inside a year, so if it ever gets a mention consider them a DL certainty.

Spookily enough: from today's Washington Post

"George Crile III, 61, a longtime producer for CBS's "60 Minutes and "60 Minutes II" and the author of a best-selling book about a rogue Central Intelligence Agency operation in Afghanistan during the Reagan administration, died May 15 of pancreatic cancer at his home in New York City."

I wish I'd known about him in 2005!!

Stanley Kunitz - obscure by the standards of the well-read DL'ers but still a top 50 contender this year - got me thinking again. Surely, if he counts so does Edward Upward. Born 1903, if the man has a pulse in seven and a half months I reckon he'd do for the top 50.

Sticking with authors how about this lady? I met her about 15 years ago and she looked frail then. I'm fairly certain she'd get one UK obit at least

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Forrester

Aye, 'Twopence to Cross the Mersey' has seen action as a school text-book, alongside the likes of 'A Kestral for a Knave' as the kind of book they used in CSE and lower GCSE's to try and convince the thickos that their imaginations and experiences could be channeled somewhere other than car theft and procreation. Meaning, Helen is surely a bigger name than Kunitz and Upward combined.

Didn't realise she was still breathing.

I know I wasn't the only person who watched the A-Team reunion last night on television - all the survivors looked in superb health, bar one fellow, Lance LeGault, who looked extremely frail when brought into the reunion room.

Career listed here but I do have some doubts over his ability to get a UK obit, despite having starred in some major US TV programmes.

Bruce Bennett aka Herman Brix, is 100 today!

Olympic medallist in 1928, former Tarzan, and profilic actor.

No known health scares, but less public appearances than in previous years, apparently.

Probably famous enough for a mention in the UK press, too.

Anyhow, a new centenarian for the committee to ponder over......

Lee Jong-wook, head of the WHO. That's the World Health Organisation, not the Daltrey led combo.

Rushed to hospital today with a blood clot on his brain.

Looks like it could be another hospital long-stayer but any illness involving the brain is never good for anyone's health, even if they are head of a Health body.

Watching Eurovision last night made me wonder Katie Boyle is up to these days

No idea. Watching Eurovision makes everyone involved, spectators, performers, presenters and organisers, an immediate DL candidate. That event is simultaneously a cruel and unusual punishment and a weapon of mass destruction.

regards,

Hein

No idea. Watching Eurovision makes everyone involved, spectators, performers, presenters and organisers, an immediate DL candidate. That event is simultaneously a cruel and unusual punishment and a weapon of mass destruction.

regards,

Hein

Finland, Finland, Finland

The country where I want to be

Pony trekking or camping

Or just watching Eurovision on TV

It's the country for me

You're so near to Russia

So far from Japan

Quite a long way from Cairo

Lots of miles from Vietnam

Eating breakfast or dinner

Or snack lunch in the hall

Finland has it all

You're so sadly neglected

And often ignored

A poor second to Belgium

When going abroad

The country where I quite want to be

Your mountains so lofty

Your treetops so tall

Finland has it all

Pony trekking or camping

Or just watching Eurovision on TV

It's the country for me

You're so near to Russia

So far from Japan

Quite a long way from Cairo

Lots of miles from Vietnam

Eating breakfast or dinner

Or snack lunch in the hall

Finland has it all

You're so sadly neglected

And often ignored

A poor second to Belgium

When going abroad

The country where I quite want to be

Your mountains so lofty

Your treetops so tall

Finland has it all

Oh that was simply darling Tempus Fugit. Did you pen it yourself?

Oh that was simply darling Tempus Fugit. Did you pen it yourself?

Obviously not. ;)

regards,

Hein

HAHHA gotta love he sig tho...