Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Guest Jim Sperduti

Here's a list with lots of cancer in it

1. Pavarotti

2. Dan Fogelberg

3. Castro

4. Bill Walsh

5. Eartha Kitt

6. Patricia Dunn (ex CEO Hewlett Packard)

7. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

8. Terry Jones

9. Gerald Ford (no cancer but bound to trip)

Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs Lamar Hunt, whose family is "hoping for a miracle".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2695313

I'm fairly sure he'd get a UK obit, but from a DL member perspective, is he famous enough? He would definitely pass a US fame test, how about elsewhere?

His condition was reported in at least on UK newspaper, so I'd imagine his death would be too. He's certainly famous enough, and I'm not even a sports fan in the least. For DL though... I'm not sure he'd meet the high standards, not as universally famous as Lou Rawls, but more famous in his respective field.

Irrelevant now: dead.

Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs Lamar Hunt, whose family is "hoping for a miracle".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2695313

I'm fairly sure he'd get a UK obit, but from a DL member perspective, is he famous enough? He would definitely pass a US fame test, how about elsewhere?

His condition was reported in at least on UK newspaper, so I'd imagine his death would be too. He's certainly famous enough, and I'm not even a sports fan in the least. For DL though... I'm not sure he'd meet the high standards, not as universally famous as Lou Rawls, but more famous in his respective field.

Irrelevant now: dead.

Bugger :dead3:

I don't know anything about computers but Bruce Fraser, who is supposed to be a world renowned expert on

pixels, colours and digital imaging thingys has terminal lung cancer

Not sure if he's famous at all, he has no Wiki page, but plenty of mentions on Google. I thought I'd mention him anyway because he's so ill.

DevonDeathTrip Posted Today, 06:45 PM

Anton Balasingham, the London based chief negotiator for the Tamil Tigers, is about as ill as you can possibly get. He has been diagnosed with bile duct cancer, the disease is in an advanced stage and has spread to his liver, lungs, abdomen and bones . According to Wiki he also suffers from diabetes, Motor Neurone Disease and possibly medicine-induced Parkinson's disease. And he has had a kidney transplant. Apart from that he's doing fine.

Chances of a UK obit? Well, he has been mentioned many times before on the BBC.

Hay good spot DevonDeathTrip.

Looking for his age - but his points for the illnesses alone stack up to 226.

Only problem being the chap has so many things wrong with him it would be a suprise if he makes it into 2007. My best guess would be an exit in under 3 weeks. At a streach its even a tight call to list him without him dieing in the final hours of 2006.

You were right RA. He's dead

I don't know anything about computers but Bruce Fraser, who is supposed to be a world renowned expert on

Not sure if he's famous at all, he has no Wiki page, but plenty of mentions on Google. I thought I'd mention him anyway because he's so ill.

I'm a computer geek and I've never heard of him. No DL/DDP/HDP material, I'd say.

regards,

Hein

I noticed that too. But I can't find an age for him and I have a feeling that he's big in his world, but that world is not big enough to get a obit in a paper.

Also gravely ill meanwhile is Qian Yurong, the controversial Chinese bishop. See link here. But with enough oldies in my team already, and no guarentee he'll get an obit, he's one I'm putting out for others.

Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman is 'near death'.

Read more about Rahman and his dastardly deeds here.

Another one that I was watching. I don't think there'll be much guilt in picking this fellow, and with a tumor on his liver, he's not likely to last very long. UK obit almost certain I'd say.

He's probably already been mentioned, but Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh was apparently an assassination target of rival political group Hamas yesterday.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeas...order_crossing/

I like the part about the Israelis closing the border from Egypt to stop Haniyeh brining $35 million in cash home in a suitcase. What a sophisticate. I guess they don't have on-line banking in Gaza.

I'm confident that the fugitive Laden will be killed -- and proof of his death provided -- within a matter of days, preventing him from taking more innocent lives.

Daniel Arap Moi, former leader of Kenya has been feeling a little peaky. His doctor says his aneurysm has been treated & all is well. But he's not getting any younger... Doctor's Interview Here

What is it about you and present/former African leaders?

Do you have an inside track?

I did African history/current affairs at uni, which might go a long way to explaining it. Bar from living in Tunisia for a while (and Zine Al-Abidine Ben Ali is going nowhere), I don't know any more than the average European. But I like to stay in touch :rip:

The only inside knowledge I have is motor racing, which is why I will have two unique pick candidates for sure in the DDP.

I did African history/current affairs at uni, which might go a long way to explaining it. Bar from living in Tunisia for a while (and Zine Al-Abidine Ben Ali is going nowhere), I don't know any more than the average European. But I like to stay in touch :rip:

The only inside knowledge I have is motor racing, which is why I will have two unique pick candidates for sure in the DDP.

Well it wont be Phil Hill, as that's been broadcast. I'm looking forward to your DDP list though, Octopus. You're sure to have an interesting selection, as will current DDP leader Football Fan.... :(

Well it wont be Phil Hill, as that's been broadcast. I'm looking forward to your DDP list though, Octopus. You're sure to have an interesting selection, as will current DDP leader Football Fan.... :(

He's on my CPDP though. I don't think I had the strength to put him on DDP, for more personal reasons than any other. After Regga's loss today, we can ill afford to lose any more Ferrari greats. :rip:

If I'm really lucky, I may end up with 8 unique picks, and all good candidates, but I doubt it will end up being that many.

He's on my CPDP though. I don't think I had the strength to put him on DDP, for more personal reasons than any other. After Regga's loss today, we can ill afford to lose any more Ferrari greats. :rip:

If I'm really lucky, I may end up with 8 unique picks, and all good candidates, but I doubt it will end up being that many.

I'm aiming for a couple of uniques at least as well as some certainties and some possibles....a good balance...

DevonDeathTrip Posted Today, 06:45 PM

Anton Balasingham, the London based chief negotiator for the Tamil Tigers, is about as ill as you can possibly get. He has been diagnosed with bile duct cancer, the disease is in an advanced stage and has spread to his liver, lungs, abdomen and bones . According to Wiki he also suffers from diabetes, Motor Neurone Disease and possibly medicine-induced Parkinson's disease. And he has had a kidney transplant. Apart from that he's doing fine.

Chances of a UK obit? Well, he has been mentioned many times before on the BBC.

Hay good spot DevonDeathTrip.

Looking for his age - but his points for the illnesses alone stack up to 226.

Only problem being the chap has so many things wrong with him it would be a suprise if he makes it into 2007. My best guess would be an exit in under 3 weeks. At a streach its even a tight call to list him without him dieing in the final hours of 2006.

You were right RA. He's dead

Thanks for the quote Devon Death Trip - as I make it he died about 22 days after this post so my initial idea of him exiting in under 3 weeks was vastly about 24 hours out! Note to oneself - must try harder to get this death time line exactly right for once!

Thanks for the quote Devon Death Trip - as I make it he died about 22 days after this post so my initial idea of him exiting in under 3 weeks was vastly about 24 hours out! Note to oneself - must try harder to get this death time line exactly right for once!

I hope you die in a big fire.

Note to oneself - must try not to insult the regulars.

LOL

Hay, really that's not nice. Come on you resident of Scotland, calm down, take it easy, lets have few less murderous ideas please. Look I've not bothered to calulate the exact number of hours I was out by. Why? BECAUSE ITS NOT REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME AS YOU THINK IT IS!!!!!!!!!!.

Here is my List

Fidel Castro if he makes it through the new year

Gerald Ford

Kirk Douglass

Ricardo Montabaln

John Paul Stevens

LOL

Hay, really that's not nice. Come on you resident of Scotland, calm down, take it easy, lets have few less murderous ideas please. Look I've not bothered to calulate the exact number of hours I was out by. Why? BECAUSE ITS NOT REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME AS YOU THINK IT IS!!!!!!!!!!.

Hay is for Horses!

I'm sure you are nice enough in real life - but you are more smug than Mr. Smug of Smug Street, Smugshire, Smugland, SM43 9UG.

We note that Niki Lauda and Phil Hill have not been well of late, and you have said about Rolt in the past, but I don't think they are your two names. Hope you can fill us in on the inside track about what you know on the 1st January. Thinking about it, how is Walter Wolf these days? Chris Amon? & Teddy Meyer?