football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

I take it then, Rita your annual visit to the world of Deathlist may have something to do with your playing a deadpool for hard cash?
Why are you all so competitive over the DDP when there's no money involved?? :pop:

Yes, am in a sweepstake with a few others. Don't see the point in spending lots of time researching etc unless you're gonna gain summit out of it!

Lindsey Hughes, minor name but major cert for death, not that the Wiki page mentions the liver cancer, but there you go. S'cuse the repitition and all but I thought I'd bring her to yer attention again in case the compilers of the DL were up for dropping in a sure score somewhere in the lower places.

UK broadsheet obit for sure.

MPFC, do you have any additional information on her that mentions her illness? There is no mention of it in the link that you provided and I have not found any information that says that she is ill or has cancer.

Regards,

ff

Guest james

If you want to know about jocky wilson, the dart player he has been suffering from cancer for 2 years and has now lost over 4 stone in weight

[Moved from topic "Brinsworth House". We don't have a separate Darts Tossers topic. Yet -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

In the absence of his own thread, I'll mention that oft-mentioned possibility Frederick Chiluba is now in intensive care with cardiac problems Although the hospital don't seem aware of it!! (which can't help his treatment.. hmmm?)

Well, that's what happens if you opt for treatment on the NHS :)

Renee Preval, the President Of Haitii who beat prostate cancer five years ago, has announced that the disease may have returned.

BTW - Where is Baby Doc Duvalier now?

The Duvaliers settled in France. For a time they lived a luxurious life - a villa in the hills of Cannes, two apartments in Paris, a chateau, along with a Ferrari. Jean-Claude, however, lost most of his wealth due to his divorce from Michèle, and now allegedly lives in very modest circumstances.[1]

A private citizen, Jacques Samyn, sued to expel Duvalier as an illegal immigrant (the Duvaliers were never officially granted asylum in France). Then, in 1998, a Haitian-born photographer, Gerard Bloncourt, formed a committee in Paris to bring Duvalier to trial. At the time, the French Ministry of the Interior said that it has lost track of Duvalier and that he had probably left the country. However, Duvalier's lawyer, said that his client was still in France and denied that the exiled leader had fallen on hard times.[2]

Following the ouster of president Jean-Bertrand Aristide in February 2004, Duvalier announced his intention to return to Haiti. In 2004, he announced his intentions to run for president of Haiti in the 2006 elections for the Party of National Unity; however, he did not become a candidate

Source

Slightly obscure, to me anyway, but at 96 Dr Franz Alt might be a good choice. A pioneer in computer science, founded the apparantly quite famous ACM(Association for Computing Machinery) and has published alot of books on computing and maths.From what I can tell he last wrote in 2003, no much information on his health though.

Gloria Arroyo, President of The Phillipines, has recently been in hospital for the third time this year.

Despite official assurances that her health is fine, it is rumoured in her homeland that she has serious liver ailments, possibly as a result of alcohol abuse.

Russell Watson is back in hospital following brain tumour surgery.

All went well and he will back on our TV screens again in the New Year on another a-list filled celebrity edition of "Just the Two of Us"

Happy New Year everyone! ;)B):huh:

Has he ever recorded Begin the Begnine? Just wondered...

Yves Perrin, head of the whole of the French shipbuilder's organisation, d'Armateurs de France, is critically ill, and in a coma, after a routine operation went wrong. He is also 56.

As it is a subscription site, please find article below:

Yves Perrin, chairman of the French shipowners’ organisation Armateurs de France, is critically ill in a coma after suffering complications after a routine operation a little over two weeks ago.

Armateurs de France confirmed the news yesterday, and indicated that 57-year-old Mr Perrin, who is also chief exec of CMA African lines subsidiary Delmas, had not regained consciousness since the operation took place.

“We are all waiting,” a spokeswoman said. “We are all very worried.”

She added that the organisation was preparing itself to do without the services of Mr Perrin for a long period, although she said that his absence was not expected to cause particular problems.

Mr Perrin was elected chairman of Armateurs de France in April, just three months after taking up the top executive post at Delmas. Previously he was number two at the company, which he joined in 1990.

Between 1990 and 1999, he served as head of the company’s European division and then head of its America-Pacific-French overseas territories division. Between 1982 and 1990, he served in various executive positions, including that of chief executive Paris, with the Chargeurs Réunis liner shipping group.

Some early considerations in my list for next year:

Robert Kee, born 1919.

Hans Dietrick Genscher, born 1927

Robert Rauschenberg 1925

Joseph Juran, now over 100 yrs old

Ronald Coase 1910

Mickey Spillane 1918

Arne Sucksdorff 1917, Swedish documentary film maker

Former King Michael of Romania 1921

Lena Horne 1917

I met Genscher at a charity do earlier this year.

He's fine. I wouldn't go putting him on any lists just yet.

Some early considerations in my list for next year:

Robert Kee, born 1919.

Hans Dietrick Genscher, born 1927

Robert Rauschenberg 1925

Joseph Juran, now over 100 yrs old

Ronald Coase 1910

Mickey Spillane 1918

Arne Sucksdorff 1917, Swedish documentary film maker

Former King Michael of Romania 1921

Lena Horne 1917

I met Genscher at a charity do earlier this year.

He's fine. I wouldn't go putting him on any lists just yet.

Coase and Juran were on my provisional DDP list (not on HDP though) as possible unique pics. I'd forgotten I'd posted that.

Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs Lamar Hunt, whose family is "hoping for a miracle".

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2695313

I'm fairly sure he'd get a UK obit, but from a DL member perspective, is he famous enough? He would definitely pass a US fame test, how about elsewhere?

Owner of the Kansas City Chiefs Lamar Hunt, whose family is "hoping for a miracle".

I'm fairly sure he'd get a UK obit, but from a DL member perspective, is he famous enough? He would definitely pass a US fame test, how about elsewhere?

I doubt he would get an obit...but from the sounds of it , he's a def. goner....so worth a gamble in case he does!

His condition was reported in at least on UK newspaper, so I'd imagine his death would be too. He's certainly famous enough, and I'm not even a sports fan in the least. For DL though... I'm not sure he'd meet the high standards, not as universally famous as Lou Rawls, but more famous in his respective field.

Guest bill whelan

my top (however many i chose to write) going to be dead 2007 list

1. Elton John

2. Queen Elizabeth II

3. Marilyn Manson

4. Ringo Star

5. jd salinger (didn't even know he was still alive)

6. sylvester stallone

7. michael douglas

8. patrick swayze

9. paris hilton (more than likely an overdose)

10. anjelica houston

11. tom cruise (thank god please for one small miracle)

12. prince philip (just a hunch, he's gonna get drunk)