Boudicca

Ironic Deaths

'Just two hours after passing her drivers license test, an Australian teen was killed in a head-on collision with her best friend'

I thought that was a ridiculous coincidence then read on to find that her best friend was in the car with her and the collision was with another vehicle.

Everything about your post, from Reposting a posted story to providing no link etc etc should have you banished.

SC

I'm sorry - I didn't realise there were rules - if you could direct me to the rules I'll have a good read and then I can decide how to tell you to go fuck yourself.

GUN

'Just two hours after passing her drivers license test, an Australian teen was killed in a head-on collision with her best friend'

I thought that was a ridiculous coincidence then read on to find that her best friend was in the car with her and the collision was with another vehicle.

Everything about your post, from Reposting a posted story to providing no link etc etc should have you banished.

SC

I'm sorry - I didn't realise there were rules - if you could direct me to the rules I'll have a good read and then I can decide how to tell you to go fuck yourself.

GUN

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2184

Get back to me when you're done.

SC

Those aren't "rules" that's an FAQ. So Grim, I wouldn't waste any time in telling SC to go fuck himself.

SC is a post whore who has appointed himself the role of moderator.

• Like 2

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Fight!_Fight!_Fight!_etc..gif

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2184

Get back to me when you're done.

SC

Those aren't "rules" that's an FAQ. So Grim, I wouldn't waste any time in telling SC to go fuck himself.

SC is a post whore who has appointed himself the role of moderator.

And that's quite irritating. We have Real Moderators for that. Now that I mention irritating: did you discover the "Preview Post" option yet, SC?

• Like 2

Lots of things wrong here (or right as it were).

At 73, you should put thrill-seeking activities to the side IMHO; but most importantly, BASE jumping from a bridge in 'TWIN FALLS', well the writing was on the wall.

SC

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/09/us/base-jumper-killed-in-idaho/index.html

It would appear that 73 year old BASE jumper, James Hickey (for it were he), set his parachute on fire as part of the stunt.

There's online video if you'd care to look (I didn't) according to the report.

Lots of things wrong here (or right as it were).

At 73, you should put thrill-seeking activities to the side IMHO; but most importantly, BASE jumping from a bridge in 'TWIN FALLS', well the writing was on the wall.

SChttp://www.cnn.com/2015/05/09/us/base-jumper-killed-in-idaho/index.html

It would appear that 73 year old BASE jumper, James Hickey (for it were he), set his parachute on fire as part of the stunt.

There's online video if you'd care to look (I didn't) according to the report.

It's only May but this gentleman set an impossibly high standard when it comes to winning a Darwin award! Points deduction due to his age I think. He has had 73 years to procreate, so eliminating him from the gene pool might have been too late. There could already be offspring running about on the face of the earth.

• Like 2

Some unnamed Singapore native decides to smuggle drugs on a route that takes his vehicle through a checkpoint--a checkpoint put in place because of an international Security Summit. Oopsy.

Something else bizarre in this report that I ferreted out: "The 34-year-old driver was killed and one passenger was wounded and hospitalized. BOTH passengers are now under arrest." (Emphasis added)

Am I reading that correctly? Are Singaporeans so utterly goddamn stupid as to 'arrest' the deceased?!!!

SC

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=31&art_id=157502&sid=44580322&con_type=1&d_str=20150601

Some unnamed Singapore native decides to smuggle drugs on a route that takes his vehicle through a checkpoint--a checkpoint put in place because of an international Security Summit. Oopsy.

Something else bizarre in this report that I ferreted out: "The 34-year-old driver was killed and one passenger was wounded and hospitalized. BOTH passengers are now under arrest." (Emphasis added)

Am I reading that correctly? Are Singaporeans so utterly goddamn stupid as to 'arrest' the deceased?!!!

SC

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=31&art_id=157502&sid=44580322&con_type=1&d_str=20150601

No, you're not reading it correctly. There were three people in the car - the driver and 2 passengers.

"... police opened fire at a car with three Singaporean men after they tried to crash through a barricade outside the annual summit's venue, the Shangri-La Hotel.

The 34-year-old driver was killed and one passenger was wounded and hospitalized. Both passengers are now under arrest."

• Like 1

Something else bizarre in this report that I ferreted out: "The 34-year-old driver was killed and one passenger was wounded and hospitalized. BOTH passengers are now under arrest." (Emphasis added)Am I reading that correctly? Are Singaporeans so utterly goddamn stupid as to 'arrest' the deceased?!!!

SChttp://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=31&art_id=157502&sid=44580322&con_type=1&d_str=20150601

No, you're not reading it correctly. There were three people in the car - the driver and 2 passengers.

"... police opened fire at a car with three Singaporean men after they tried to crash through a barricade outside the annual summit's venue, the Shangri-La Hotel.

The 34-year-old driver was killed and one passenger was wounded and hospitalized. Both passengers are now under arrest."

Ok well that makes sense.

"Emma Carpenter, from Nottingham, passed away three days before Christmas in 2006 weighing just four stone and with a body mass index of only 10.5 after losing more than a stone in just eight days."

Eating disorder, 4 stone, and surname Carpenter.

That's rich.

SC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3160582/Young-girls-warned-dangerous-lure-desire-inquest-17-year-old-weights-bra-fool-relatives-died-weighing-just-4-stone.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Thought i'd recycle this post from yesterday's death anniversary thread.

Cicely Saunders died ironically this day aged 87, 10 years ago.

Thought about working out how to cross post (or whatever) but really couldn't be arsed (maybe I should put it in the death of 2015 as well).

Thought about working out how to cross post (or whatever) but really couldn't be arsed (maybe I should put it in the death of 2015 as well).

Or you could look up the definition of irony and understand that there was nothing ironic about her death.

• Like 1

Or you could look up the definition of irony and understand that there was nothing ironic about her death.

Glad to see I'm not alone on that point.

SC

Glad to see I'm not alone on that point.

SC

Oh the irony.

• Like 1

Witnesses told police a 24-year-old man was trying to prevent a 19-year-old man from jumping off the 14th-floor ledge of a University of Hawaii student apartment building. Both men fell to the ground and were taken to a hospital, where the 24-year-old was pronounced dead.

SC

Norman Farberow, 'Father of Suicide Prevention', dies on World Suicide Prevention Day, aged 97:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/norman-farberow-suicide-prevention-dies_55f65e9ee4b077ca094f7509

It wasn't the full irony potential though, because he didn't commit suicide.

• Like 1

Best story of this short year.

Amanda Turner Russell was a dedicated labor and delivery nurse. She was also an avid runner who aimed to finish her first Boston Marathon on April 18 and raise $7,500 for her hospital. While she was out on a training run near her hometown of Hanover, Massachusetts, a car struck Russell, 32, around midday on December 23, reports the Boston Herald. Russell died on December 28.

SC

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/boston-nurse-set-to-run-marathon-for-charity-dies-after-being-hit-by-car-while

Best story of this short year.

Amanda Turner Russell was a dedicated labor and delivery nurse. She was also an avid runner who aimed to finish her first Boston Marathon on April 18 and raise $7,500 for her hospital. While she was out on a training run near her hometown of Hanover, Massachusetts, a car struck Russell, 32, around midday on December 23, reports the Boston Herald. Russell died on December 28.

SC

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/boston-nurse-set-to-run-marathon-for-charity-dies-after-being-hit-by-car-while

A bit puzzled here. I'm thinking of post #188 you made above this.

A councilman and emergency responder in northern New Jersey died Saturday after helping his daughter at the scene of a car crash, officials said.

Eskil "Scott" Danielson, 49, was a councilman in Andover Borough, Sussex County. He was a longtime member and former chief of the Lakeland Emergency Squad, an emergency services unit.

The unit was dispatched to the scene of a crash involving Danielson's daughter Alycia, 19 (who had minor injuries). Danielson complained of back pain while at the scene, and was taken to a nearby hospital, where he apparently had a heart attack, authorities said. He was pronounced dead.

SC

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/n-councilman-dies-helping-daughter-car-crash-article-1.2500262?force_desktop=true?force_desktop=true

It's tempting to say unbelieveable. The sad truth is, it isn't.

If I owned a gun shop, I wouldn't let anyone owning a gun, or wanting to buy one, in my shop.

• Like 3

$25 ?

Lol.