Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

5 minutes ago, msc said:

I hear they were really buzzed off about the news.

For fuck sake again :facepalm:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I bet they can't bee-leive it

Reminds me of this by Sean Lock:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Reminds me of this by Sean Lock:

Can't find the tweet but someone after the Queen died tweeted Channel 4 saying they hoped Sean Lock would be fired for those remarks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

Can't find the tweet but someone after the Queen died tweeted Channel 4 saying they hoped Sean Lock would be fired for those remarks.

There are some vile people out there. 

I'm going to ruin her business with fake TripAdvisor reviews as soon as we are allowed to put u reviews again.

• Like 1

Surely she couldn't reincarnate to a fetus already conceived months ago when she was still living. As far as I've been told, the babies don't receive their souls only at birth. In case of Tibetan Lamas, it could take even few years before they get reborn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TQR said:

For fuck sake :facepalm:

That is a thing though, I've always known that when you keep bees and someone in the family dies, you have to tell the bees.  Old tradition.

15 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

That is an amazing story! There's more than enough evidence over the years that she must've been a hoot in private.

Definitely.  One of my favourites is when she won the sweepstake at the Derby.  She was so gleeful.  That satisfied smirk at the end!  :lol:

• Like 3

Cancelling the premier league and all football at every level around the country this weekend is a massive error of judgement imho. People are too upset to play football? I mean get a grip. Every other sport is continuing, including horse racing.

As an NHS worker in outpatients i'm groaning at the prospect of appointments getting rescheduled by a booking team that doesn't like to notify the patients. I'm serious. Daily we get people turn up who havn't had a letter or phone call to say their appointment got cancelled.

Still I get Monday off and Tuesday then deal with what will be an interesting busy day I assume.

BREAKING: getting the old band back together .. the fab four reunited in grief. Kate trying to get as far away from Meghan as possible.

image.png.d3a72a1da943a6eefd9682e22c7561dd.png

3 hours ago, Talkative Finn said:

Surely she couldn't reincarnate to a fetus already conceived months ago when she was still living. As far as I've been told, the babies don't receive their souls only at birth. In case of Tibetan Lamas, it could take even few years before they get reborn.

But what if the body is born as an empty vessel and is just waiting to be occupied by the billions of souls floating around?

Maybe bodies are like soul vacuum cleaners.

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Cancelling the premier league and all football at every level around the country this weekend is a massive error of judgement imho. People are too upset to play football? I mean get a grip. Every other sport is continuing, including horse racing.

No, racing was called off as well.  Something that would not have pleased the Queen at all, methinks.

• Like 2

BREAKING: getting the old band back together .. the fab four reunited in grief. Kate trying to get as far away from Meghan as possible.

image.png.d3a72a1da943a6eefd9682e22c7561dd.png

I was just grateful Meghan never went to Balmoral, surely saving the selfie with the Queen on her deathbed.

On another note, according to Established Letters Patent, the Sussex kids are now technically a Prince and Princess of the Realm.

• Like 1

I don't think it was specifically because of people are too upset to play football. I think it's because football fans can't be trusted to act with any sort of decorum whatsoever at a time of national mourning, unlike fans of cricket, rugby and horse racing. And I say that as a season ticket holder. The midweek fixtures are taking place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Windsor said:

On another note, according to Established Letters Patent, the Sussex kids are now technically a Prince and Princess of the Realm.

They are still described as Master and Miss on the Royal website, although other titles have been updated.

https://www.royal.uk/succession

image.png.ad08034c61c5bf9acdad15942c5cb0b6.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

They are still described as Master and Miss on the Royal website, although other titles have been updated.

https://www.royal.uk/succession

BBC likewise hadn't updated it last time I looked, and that was after I'd seen Chris Mason specifically mention in the changing of roles that as the grandson of a monarch, Archie was now a Prince. I'm wondering if they're now planning to go down the Princess Anne route and give them no titles, which would be interesting given the fuss she made of the fact he wasn't offered a royal title at birth.

6 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

BBC likewise hadn't updated it last time I looked, and that was after I'd seen Chris Mason specifically mention in the changing of roles that as the grandson of a monarch, Archie was now a Prince. I'm wondering if they're now planning to go down the Princess Anne route and give them no titles, which would be interesting given the fuss she made of the fact he wasn't offered a royal title at birth.

Archie could have used the subsidiary title of the Earl of Dumbarton as the son of a Duke from birth, but that wasn’t good enough for the Sussexes. 

Presumably now their grandfather is king they could be styled as Prince and Princess but that wouldn’t suit the parents’ narrative. If they were changed automatically that would be a problem too I’d image…

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

But this is on the official Royal site, and it has been updated to show William as Prince of Wales and the children as Wales instead of Cambridge.

As Windsor says, they spurned the subsidiary Sussex title, so perhaps conclusions have been drawn from that!  :P

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Toast said:

But this is on the official Royal site, and it has been updated to show William as Prince of Wales and the children as Wales instead of Cambridge.

As Windsor says, they spurned the subsidiary Sussex title, so perhaps conclusions have been drawn from that!  :P

No, I meant they had updated for the Prince of Wales, just not Archie, despite Chris Mason mentioning both in the same roundup on changing roles. It must have formed part of the discussions when he was up at Balmoral. Guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I don't think it was specifically because of people are too upset to play football. I think it's because football fans can't be trusted to act with any sort of decorum whatsoever at a time of national mourning, unlike fans of cricket, rugby and horse racing. And I say that as a season ticket holder. The midweek fixtures are taking place.

It's not that hard to reschedule football matches is it - the Test match at the Oval is going on because otherwise it would have had to be cancelled (also, maybe coincidentally, the ground is owned by the new King). 

10 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

It's not that hard to reschedule football matches is it - the Test match at the Oval is going on because otherwise it would have had to be cancelled (also, maybe coincidentally, the ground is owned by the new King). 

Not as easy as that. There's a full round of EFL fixtures planned for midweek, another round of Champions League matches too, and it doesn't help fans who aren't able to attend a rearranged game (presuming you meant play them Sunday?) The Test Match couldn't be extended to Tuesday as they tried to do as South Africa need to get back home on Tuesday for a couple of days before their next series starts. With 16 wickets falling today, however, I don't think that will be a problem anyway, and the Day 3-5 tickets are still valid, with Day 2 tickets being reimbursed. The major horse racing disruption concerned the St Leger, which should have been run today. It has simply been moved to Sundays race schedule at the same meeting.