Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

When she wants Philip to fuck her does she say "Do one"?

• Like 4

Well, she attended Church. Camera's caught her emerging from her car with long range lenses. BBC commentator made point that she was unaided etc. But to me, she moved like Ivy up the road from me who was gone within 6 months. Slow and slightly stooped. Phil looked more spry and moved with greater ease. Service expected to end in around 45 mins so maybe we'll get some better footage. So we shall see what we shall see. The commentator signed off by saying the Queen hasn't carried out a public function since the beginning of December. Hmm...

Here is a photo:

8168828-3x2-940x627.jpg

Doen't look to be at death's door.

Anyone reckon she just got sick of it all and wanted to binge on some telly?

• Like 1

Anyone reckon she just got sick of it all and wanted to binge on some telly?

This is what she's been up to in her absence:
  • Like 1

I have noticed that she does not hold herself as upright as she always has done, but is, as Wednesday observed, a bit stooped. I don't know what might cause that. Arthritis perhaps?

I have noticed that she does not hold herself as upright as she always has done, but is, as Wednesday observed, a bit stooped. I don't know what might cause that. Arthritis perhaps?

She looked ill, no doubt about it.

Don't 90 year olds tend to stoop a little bit when they walk in general?

The Queen mother looked far worse in her early 90s.

• Like 2

I saw her in real life (from a distance) during her tour here a few years ago and she was noticeably stooped then. I think I commented on it here at the time.

And still alive.

Good. Lets keep it that way.

old-people.jpg

Just a photo of some old people to remind you all what that look like as some of you seem to have forgotten.

For 90 and 95 they look okay to me. They probably won't live for another 20 years but there are a lot of 90+ year olds who look a lot worse!

• Like 1

That's the sound of the entire commonwealth breathing a sigh of relief and millions of journalists putting the queens obit back in the "worst case scenario" file.

No, it is the sound of Australian republicans wailing and gnashing their teeth.

One thing I do find odd about the queen's health is that for some time, she's needed a knee op. The excuse that has been given is that she does not want to neglect her public duties by having time off to have the op and recoup.

I certainly find something awry about that. My gut and experience makes me think there is concerns that they put her under and she's not coming out of it.

So if the queen dies what happens to these new polymer bank notes and new pound coins with her image on them will they be withdrawn and replaced with ones with pictures of Charles on ? Same with stamps ? It will certainly be weird seeing the queens face which we have all gotten used to being replaced with prince Charles face. The queens image on miney and stamps has almost become iconic in many ways .

Who here thinks the queen will make it onto the polymer £20 note in 2020? I have a feeling that it could be the first currency in nearly 70 years without her image on it.

Currency and stamps will still be valid but all new issues will feature Charlie. I remember as a kid still using coinage with George VI when I went to buy my fruit salad sweeties after school, and that was right up til 1971 when, of course, all coinage had to be replaced when the UK decimalised.

Currency and stamps will still be valid but all new issues will feature Charlie. I remember as a kid still using coinage with George VI when I went to buy my fruit salad sweeties after school, and that was right up til 1971 when, of course, all coinage had to be replaced when the UK decimalised.

George VI shillings were still legal until 1990 when the new 5p came out.

True, I had forgotten about the shillings that became the 5p coin. Memories focus more on the fruit salads and black jacks. lol

• Like 4

George VI shillings were still legal until 1990 when the new 5p came out.

You used to get plenty of George V and Edward VII coins as well. Half-crowns, florins and sixpences all survived decimalisation too.