Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

A senior member of the royal family has just died !

The ex-husband of a Princess who died 15 years ago is not a senior member of the Royal Family.

• Like 3

William Peter Blatty?

William Peter Blatty?

No, Theresa Ann Savoy aka Princess Theresa of Savoy.

• Like 2

William Peter Blatty?

No, Theresa Ann Savoy aka Princess Theresa of Savoy.

Humourous old hag. Theresa Ann Savoy was clearly a junior member given her age.

• Like 1

When I turn on the TV, I'm scared they might announce The Queen's Death. I don't want her dying and I'm very scared for her.

I don't like when any leader, past or present die. I was upset when The King of Thailand passed. He was King since the 1940's I think. I hope this year's deathlist gets a zero.

I see you've misspelt your Username.....spelling it T-r-o-s-t insead of T-r-o-l-l

I Pray to G-d this list stays at zero. Long Live Your Queen.

• Like 2

I'm going to be mightily impressed if you can keep this up for 15 years rockhopper.

• Like 1

I'm going to be mightily impressed if you can keep this up for 15 years rockhopper.

I'll be impressed if the Queen can keep this up for 15 years.....

Well we see who falls first, rockhopper or the Queen.

• Like 2

Well we see who falls first, rockhopper or the Queen.

Sounds like a challenge. I'm here for the long haul.

Latest cover on an Australian women's magazine: 649e6aab423c9f2430a07ccf3a5d9be32af2daef

Not that I believe a word of it, but if true, no wonder poor old Queenie's been in bed. Charles has given her some headaches over the years!

• Like 2

Don't believe it for a minute, but it'll sure grind the Queen's gurkhas if even a quarter off if it's true.

• Like 1

Don't think the Queen is a good pick

She has fooled everyone with her Christmas capers.

Right so this thread isn't and endless stream of pointlessness, what do people think of abolishing the monarchy once the Queen carks?

Right so this thread isn't and endless stream of pointlessness, what do people think of abolishing the monarchy once the Queen carks?

They might want all the income from their property back, so no.

• Like 1

We could always have a President instead and elect them every so often. That's never gone wrong!

Actually, I don't mind keeping them around the place because the tourists do like them, but I am totally in favour of scrapping the civil list and letting them charge per use like when you hire a plumber. They have a right to work of course. Fixed rate for opening Parliaments, entertaining foreign dictators and the Americans could rent them at favourable rates now and again so long as they remove Trump's passport. That could be the first Anglo-American trade deal come to think of it. Given time I could come up with other ideas.

But seriously... I don't feel an overwhelming desire to scrap them in the pool of people I mix with. A few years back then perhaps it might have been closer than today. I do think, however, that Charlie is in for a rough time because people don't like him. Interestingly, I sense that if he stood aside in favour of William, there would be huge support for that idea with my immediate circle and William and Kate are making people like the idea of Monarchy even more.

Will it make any difference to the man on the Clapham Omnibus one way or t'other?

Actually, I don't mind keeping them around the place because the tourists do like them, but I am totally in favour of scrapping the civil list and letting them charge per use like when you hire a plumber.

The civil list was abolished ages ago. The Queen gets an allowance out of which she pays her expenses, but it all comes out of the income from the Crown Estates. That income amounts to millions every year, and it goes to the Government by agreement with the Crown. So in fact the Royals are a bargain, they pretty much pay for themselves, and then some.

Actually, I don't mind keeping them around the place because the tourists do like them, but I am totally in favour of scrapping the civil list and letting them charge per use like when you hire a plumber.

The civil list was abolished ages ago. The Queen gets an allowance out of which she pays her expenses, but it all comes out of the income from the Crown Estates. That income amounts to millions every year, and it goes to the Government by agreement with the Crown. So in fact the Royals are a bargain, they pretty much pay for themselves, and then some.

So let's kick her out, seize the crown estates and earn even more money from the palaces etc by letting the public walk around the whole place.