Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

They always record the Christmas message. I'm not sure when but it is sometime before Christmas.

This is the first time I can recall her being this sick but I'm sure she has earned a good rest for many years

of service to her country. Personally I hope to see her get better (sorry).

I was watching the BBC News channel earlier today when they cut live to their on-the-spot Parliament correspondent to discuss the latest Brexit shenanigans. The odd thing was his dress - black suit and black tie - not what I'd usually expect.

Does this mean that the Beeb think she's going to cark it sooner or later, and that they've got their significant reporters already dressed up in case it happens today? Or was he just off to his Great Aunt Gladys's funeral this afternoon?

I was watching the BBC News channel earlier today when they cut live to their on-the-spot Parliament correspondent to discuss the latest Brexit shenanigans. The odd thing was his dress - black suit and black tie - not what I'd usually expect.

Does this mean that the Beeb think she's going to cark it sooner or later, and that they've got their significant reporters already dressed up in case it happens today? Or was he just off to his Great Aunt Gladys's funeral this afternoon?

Black tie? That does seem a bit odd....

Watch this space...

Its not odd at all. I've worn a black tie without expecting someone to die.

The best indicator of the Queen being dead will be when she stops breathing. Not a fucking tie!

• Like 5

The best indicator of the Queen being dead will be when she stops breathing. Not a fucking tie!

Didn't realise you were working as a BBC News presenter where your dress code is determined by the BBC!

Didn't realise you were working as a BBC News presenter where your dress code is determined by the BBC!

I'm just pointing out that maybe he chose to wear the black tie. As I have done. Arsehole.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: KAY BURLEY IS PRESENTING IN A BLACK DRESS.

• Like 3

I'm just pointing out that maybe he chose to wear the black tie. As I have done. Arsehole.

The BBC reserve black ties for royal deaths, you'd think given the situation he'd be a bit less hasty to put one on.

Not actually buying the 'black tie' theory. How long does is take to nip in the bog and change your suit? So, I don't think it's a matter of hours or even a few days... when King George died the press did tell the nation he was entering his final hours. Think this is more a case of waiting for the creaking door to show signs of dropping. I bet the TV presenters do have black suits/dresses hanging up in their cars though. Just in case.

Peter Hunt, BBC Royal correspondent Tweeted yesterday the Queen was 'Functioning' and 'Recuperating'. I thought the choice of 'Functioning' to be odd. An acknowledgement they realise there's concern in the wider world. He went on to say she presented a member of the Royal household with an award yesterday. No pictures available.

The Royal household must know there's deep speculation out there about her Maj and either they do not care or have easy no means to quash those rumours. I'm going with the latter. All they need do is flash her in front of a few TV cameras and the rumours would settle down again. Not happening though, is it.

Or, you know, in a fortnights time she'll be doing her public stuff again and this will all look rather foolish. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Thank you dear Admin for changing the title!

• Like 1

Thank you dear Admin for changing the title!

Now can they do the same with tony Booth please?

I think the concern should lie more with Phil the Greek going by the photo in that article. Looks incredibly unwell. The Queen doesn't look great either.

ad_229958196.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&st

Minister at the back there, looking longingly at Phil like funeralbait!

• Like 1

I think the concern should lie more with Phil the Greek going by the photo in that article. Looks incredibly unwell. The Queen doesn't look great either.

His face is priceless.

i dunno, he looks ok for a 95 year old to me

• Like 2

Is he being offensive again, doing one of those schoolboy 'spacker' impressions?

His face is priceless.

He needs to trim his eyebrows and what are those little horns coming from his ears?

Look, the Queen is going to die.

We are all fucking going to die!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Look, the Queen is going to die.

We are all fucking going to die!!!!!!!

Oh she'll die alright. It's just a matter of whether it's one week or 100 years from now.

OK definitely not 100 years that's rather silly. But succumbing to speculation because she stocked up on Kleenex was a bit premature. She's now another death list bed blocker (ooh that could be another thread Joey).