weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

A recent story in the New Yorker (about her son) said she's dying in a hospice. It shouldn't be long.

Here's a link to that story.

Personally I hope she hangs on until '07. She'd make a great DeathList and DDP selection.

The somewhat casual way they mentioned it in the article makes me think that summarizing the situation a little to harshly - Harold Pinter is technically dying of cancer too, but as we've all seen, he's not exactly gasping his last.

Not that I think she'll last past 2007, but she could very well make past 2006. Her and her quarry are more than known for exaggerating her health problems. She just might make herself an excellent DL 2007 candidate.

And if not, at least I'll get RDP points. :P

Tammy Faye just updated her web site. She doesn't sound great but it's not as dire as I had thought.

Tammy Faye just updated her web site. She doesn't sound great but it's not as dire as I had thought.

That update you mentioned reads fairly desperate to me. Especially when you compare it to the others, its brevity is very telling.

Reading between the lines I'd say Tammy Faye will not make it to '07. I hope I'm wrong as she is on my DDP shortlist.

Indeed Tempus, that bit about just wanting to let us know she's still here....kinda poigniant. Metaphorically speaking; I smell the toast cooking. I've got her in the WDP and given the mystifying failure of the BBC to report the demise of one of their own - ie Michael Mayle - TFM would give me a boost in the DP game.

That update you mentioned reads fairly desperate to me. Especially when you compare it to the others, its brevity is very telling.

Reading between the lines I'd say Tammy Faye will not make it to '07. I hope I'm wrong as she is on my DDP shortlist.

Just another 67 days please! I've already lost a hatful of potential points with

Hunter, Davidson, Mayne and West slipping away early.... :D

MIB I share your pain, I'm losing out on points with Mayne and I picked the bastard on time for the CPDP. When they told me at school that death was cruel I think they forgot to explain that little known psychological condition; Deadpool Rage.

This is a rather unique situation with Tammy Faye. Surely she is the only possible candidate that publishes a note every now and then so we can stay updated. Keep up the good work, Tammy!

Hard to believe that it has been almost 2 1/2 years since I started this thread when she was diagnosed. What a battle.

I have to wonder if Surreal Life co-star Ron Jeremy has visited Tammy at all since her cancer has taken her downhill. I just found the pairing of the two, on the surface complete moral opposites, peacefully co-existing and having some deal of appreciation for one another interesting to say the least.

Having been admitted to a hospice earlier this month, I'm with everyone who thinks that someone is getting ready to pull down the shades for her. If by some miracle she lasts to see New Year's, she'll be just about everyone's top choice/joker/whatever.

Tammy Faye's life story is being turned into a musical.

She really has to be on the '07 list, the lady's an icon.

That's almost as bad as "Thatcher - The Musical" or even "The Times They Are A-changin' " based on the songs of Bob Dylan. I believe both of those were short lived. I wonder which will die first, Tammy or the musical

When I saw an update to this thread, my first thought was that Tammy Faye had passed on. I am sure that there are scores of people who are relieved that it has not yet occurred. Hopefully she can hang around for another 35 days just to get by Jan 1st. I really dread losing another of my prospective candidates for my 2007 list.

wow, think about the makeup budget for that sucker....

Tammy_Faye_Bakker_closeup_2005.jpg

Still, likely to be more of a success than Mintoff the Musical, a celebration of the life and times of Malta's former leader. I stuck a link to the news of this one on Mintoff's DL thread.

Guest Guest
Still, likely to be more of a success than Mintoff the Musical, a celebration of the life and times of Malta's former leader. I stuck a link to the news of this one on Mintoff's DL thread.

[sarcasm]yeah, that's on-topic[/sarcasm]

you going for some sort of record, shitclump?

What kind of icon? :)

Guest Guest

A "Talk of the Town" item in the October 2, 2006 issue of The New Yorker stated that she was dying in hospice care.

"Gravely ill" and "worsening"

Not long to go now, then it seems.

Come on Tammy, hang in there. Only 21 more days. You can do it!

*prays for Tammy Faye*

Come on, you can do it, just a couple more weeks please.

In this recent artical from Octopus Of Odstock the following key sentences is what there is to lean on for the time being. His mom is gravely ill from cancer; Jay will be traveling to her North Carolina home for tender visits.

and now, with my mom being as sick as she is, that's hard

At the end of "One Punk Under God," Jay's life remains full of challenges: his mom's worsening condition

If one of the moderators could design a poll to say if she lasts the year, it would be interesting to hear everybodys response.

Really!

Go you really think!

I think not! :huh:

Really!

Go you really think!

I think not! B)

Oh look at me, I'm Rotten Ali - TFM is a pick on my 2006 DDP.

When does the smugness stop with you you sly bastard?

I hope she does make it just so on the first of January I can laugh in your face.

Really!

Go you really think!

I think not! B)

I hope she does make it just so on the first of January I can laugh in your face.

She needs to hold on until the start of next year. I've gone through nearly an entire pencil reorganising my list the past couple of months

On this cold, cold, bitter day, may the following below bring warmth into your life, Windsor...

CANADIAN PAUL DEATH POOL:

Theme Team on CPDP:

Ex-Prime Ministers and Presidents 12

The Despot Store 11

Team Transplant 9

Old and In The Way 5

Order of Canada 0

That's right - nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nowt. Zero.