weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

I've never heard of this "Tammy Faye" woman, or even her husband actually, so she can't be that famous! :)

She never heard of you either.

What's the matter you got turned down for membership in The P.T.L. club? For those who don't know of it back in the days before sinning became a way of upping the ratings for ranting preacher folks, P.T.L. club was a biggie. It stood for Praise The Lord and featured this weird couple who would spend most of the hour telling you how much your money meant to them and they weren't kidding either. Turns out it even helped Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker's dog when they air conditioned the doghouse....I am not making this up, it's true.

They also tried a P.T.L. condominium time share thing and that's when things went really bad.

Well, Tammy Faye wasn't good at gathering husbands and after her first one went down and was hauled off to prison, she dumped him like a cubic zarconia on ZsaZsa's hand. She quickly hooked up with a man name Roe Messner who turned out to also be crooked and soon he was doing time.

Through it all she held her head high and smiled. It soon became clear that she really did believe all the things she was saying about God and glory and eternal salvation.

So, maybe she isn't the best known outside of the Bible Belt (yeah we have a Bible Belt here in the U.S.of A.) but she's our Tammy Faye and in some way we all sort of love her. How could you not?

I'm glad to see Tammy made it onto the list - her body certainly can't take much more of the treatment let alone the cancer.

Guest Kim
I'm glad to see Tammy made it onto the list - her body certainly can't take much more of the treatment let alone the cancer.

She is a great pic for 07!

Guest Guest

She will be sucess in 2007, thats for sure :referee:

Guest deb walk
She will be sucess in 2007, thats for sure :ph34r:

Dear Tammy is the true picture of what a Christian should be. She has loved those that the majority of Christians say are unworthy. She is made fun of because of her love for the makeup, and yep she does wear alot. But man, check out the beautiful heart on this woman. We can all learn from Ms. Tammy. Her son walks in shoes that are footprints made by her. I once too made fun of this woman, and have had to eat some crow, as she has truly showed me what love is about. Rock on, Tammy, and may God welcome you with a great homecoming. Baby, you deserve it. I'll miss you, and I am so proud to have ever had the chance to know you. You make me have hope....

Love ya,

Deb

She will be sucess in 2007, thats for sure :ph34r:

Dear Tammy is the true picture of what a Christian should be. She has loved those that the majority of Christians say are unworthy. She is made fun of because of her love for the makeup, and yep she does wear alot. But man, check out the beautiful heart on this woman. We can all learn from Ms. Tammy. Her son walks in shoes that are footprints made by her. I once too made fun of this woman, and have had to eat some crow, as she has truly showed me what love is about. Rock on, Tammy, and may God welcome you with a great homecoming. Baby, you deserve it. I'll miss you, and I am so proud to have ever had the chance to know you. You make me have hope....

Love ya,

Deb

Hallelujah!!!! :(

Love ya,

Deb

Don't tell Brinsworth House Baiter :ph34r: .

Dear Tammy is the true picture of what a Christian should be.

tammyfayelo8.jpg

:o

So that's where I went wrong...

Anyone here seen The Eyes Of Tammy Faye documentary? She seemed a nice old bird if somewhat batty and certainly her heart seemed to be in the right place. She came across as a genuinely sweet person.

But she's still the joker in my team. If she's as ill as she's rumoured to be death could be a blessed relief and surely, for her, not something to be scared about.

Guest Guest

She will be sucess in 2007, thats for sure :rolleyes:

Love ya,

Deb

Thank you, Deb, for saying what I feel as well. She may have her flaws (as we all do) but she is a genuinely kind person. I'll miss her too. Peace to all ....

When I saw that picture I thought it was Danny La Rue. Are they by any chance related?

Speaking of Danny La Rue the - ahem - man is eighty this summer. His gushing and glitzy web site is puts Tony Curtis' self-regarding tosh to shame.

She will be sucess in 2007, thats for sure :rolleyes:

Love ya,

Deb

So she wasn't the one that told her "flock" that God wanted them to contribute to her new swimming pool ...

Speaking of Danny La Rue the - ahem - man is eighty this summer. His gushing and glitzy web site is puts Tony Curtis' self-regarding tosh to shame.

I rest my case. That's Tammy.

Danny's album is called 'I Am What I Am' I wonder what single word is written on the back.

Hideous?

Dear Tammy is the true picture of what a Christian should be.

tammyfayelo8.jpg

:lol:

So that's where I went wrong...

Yes. Eyebrow grooming is most important towards swaying the heathens away from sinning.

I hope she recovers from her illness and lives another 30 years at least.

Her son, Jay,revealed that his mother's weight is down to 68 pounds.could she be the first to go this year.

:lol::rolleyes:

Her son, Jay,revealed that his mother's weight is down to 68 pounds.could she be the first to go this year.

:lol::rolleyes:

68lbs :o I've got a sack of potatoes heavier than Tammy.

Guest Matthew Troy

I heard she is being transfered to a convalescence home, does anyone have further knowledge of this?

I heard she is being transfered to a convalescence home, does anyone have further knowledge of this?

I thought she had already been in a hospice for a couple of months

Hospice is frequently a program, not a location. She can be in hospice and still be in her own home.

Hospice is frequently a program, not a location. She can be in hospice and still be in her own home.

I'll have to get used to the US way of phrasing things.

To me a convalescence home would imply that the person is on the mend, whereas a hospice is where you go to get 24 hour care while you're in your last days

I'll have to get used to the US way of phrasing things.

To me a convalescence home would imply that the person is on the mend, whereas a hospice is where you go to get 24 hour care while you're in your last days

She may be moved to a nursing home as part of the hospice program to have her somewhere her pain can be alleviated more easily than at home and she can spend her last days more physically comfortable. That happens sometimes. I know it's counter intuitive. :rolleyes:

Not just the US UK hospices also offer day care and deal with many more patients in their own homes than they see in the hospice buildings.