weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

Cheered me up, I'm not last for a change.

Got TFM in a coupla deadpools as well, she can go as soon as she likes where that's concerned. Though, with so many good contenders lining up at the moment I'd love to see is start the new DL with a slew of slaughter.

Tammy seems to be on her last stretch. It has been so many years by now - I started this topic in June 2004 and even by then she had been battling for several months. Hopefully the mascara industry will be able to rebound.

Tammy seems to be on her last stretch. It has been so many years by now - I started this topic in June 2004 and even by then she had been battling for several months. Hopefully the mascara industry will be able to rebound.

Well, goth seems to be 'in' at the moment, so it'll be a momentary blip... :lol:

Well, goth seems to be 'in' at the moment, so it'll be a momentary blip... :lol:

I dunno - around here goth is on it's way out, but teenage girls are returning to the 80s style of makeup...there may be hope for Maybelline yet.

Oh look at me, I'm Rotten Ali - TFM is a pick on my 2006 DDP.

When does the smugness stop with you you sly bastard?

On this cold, cold, bitter day, may the following below bring warmth into your life, Windsor...

CANADIAN PAUL DEATH POOL:

Theme Team on CPDP:

Ex-Prime Ministers and Presidents 12

The Despot Store 11

Team Transplant 9

Old and In The Way 5

Order of Canada 0

That's right - nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nowt. Zero.

Yep, thanks OoO, its made me laugh as well. Such a poor idea - this quest for points went too far!

You, Windsor, Football Fan & Godot - its all "low hanging fruit".

That Order or Canada team was really a bad idea, I may get one hit - I may not get any.

Never mind.

Guest Stage 4 survivor
:banghead: Stupid posters! INOPERABLE just means THAT. It doesn't mean NO recovery. Chemo can reduce a cancer to nothing! Ask my father..he also has lung cancer and the tumor has reduced significantly with one treatment...this site makes me sick. You people that have never suffered with a loved one just wait...it will happen one day and see how YOU like this crap. Google should remove it.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for saying what I was thinking. I stumbled onto this site by accident and find myself appalled at what I'm reading. All these heartless comments - It's no wonder why the world is in such a mess nowadays? Could it be the callousness of people???

Can't you folks find a better way to spend your time?

:banghead: Stupid posters! INOPERABLE just means THAT. It doesn't mean NO recovery. Chemo can reduce a cancer to nothing! Ask my father..he also has lung cancer and the tumor has reduced significantly with one treatment...this site makes me sick. You people that have never suffered with a loved one just wait...it will happen one day and see how YOU like this crap. Google should remove it.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for saying what I was thinking. I stumbled onto this site by accident and find myself appalled at what I'm reading. All these heartless comments - It's no wonder why the world is in such a mess nowadays? Could it be the callousness of people???

Whose to say we haven't had a 'loved one' taken from us....

Google shouldn't get rid of Deathlist, this isn't China you know...

Somehow I get the feeling that these ranters are just one person 'heartless comments' is a phrase that gets thrown in a lot by thses 'ranters'.....

Guest Stage 4 survivor

Somehow I get the feeling that these ranters are just one person 'heartless comments' is a phrase that gets thrown in a lot by thses 'ranters'.....

I hate to disappoint you, but we are not one person. There are a lot of us who just don't see the humor in betting on the demise of others. If you've ever been through something as horrible as cancer treatment, you wouldn't be making glib comments about it. I'm sure this will elicit some some snarky comment from someone but I really don't care.

I hate to disappoint you, but we are not one person. There are a lot of us who just don't see the humor in betting on the demise of others. If you've ever been through something as horrible as cancer treatment, you wouldn't be making glib comments about it. I'm sure this will elicit some some snarky comment from someone but I really don't care.

I don't see anyone laughing that Tammy Faye, or anybody else for that matter, has cancer. There are few individuals that people actually want to see dead but, well, death happens to us all in the end. Would you prefer us to ignore Tammy Faye and countless other 'celebs' mentioned on here or discuss and thus find out more about them, albeit if the initial subject matter is somewhat dubious and macabre?

Guest Stage 4 survivor

I don't see anyone laughing that Tammy Faye, or anybody else for that matter, has cancer. There are few individuals that people actually want to see dead but, well, death happens to us all in the end. Would you prefer us to ignore Tammy Faye and countless other 'celebs' mentioned on here or discuss and thus find out more about them, albeit if the initial subject matter is somewhat dubious and macabre?

Yes, there are a few we would all like to see gone but what I find objectionable is that this seems to be some sort of sick contest or game. If you read the posts you must see that people are more or less "betting" on when someone will die. You asked what I would prefer and I will tell you. I would prefer people discuss these unfortunate ones with compassion and dignity. I don't really see a whole lot of information being passed along either. What I do see are a lot of childish comments about the misery these "celebrities" are enduring, not to mention the rude comments about how they are trying to cope with it. Yes, this subject matter may be "dubious and macabre" and we all like to stop and look at the car wreck, but some of the comments just strike me as cruel. We all know ithis website is not for legitimate informational purposes, but appeals to our baser interests. Just my opinion. I don't expect anyone who is a fan of this site to agree with me.

We don't have cancer so their is no need for the 'live for every minute' nonsense...

Yes, there are a few we would all like to see gone but what I find objectionable is that this seems to be some sort of sick contest or game. If you read the posts you must see that people are more or less "betting" on when someone will die. You asked what I would prefer and I will tell you. I would prefer people discuss these unfortunate ones with compassion and dignity. I don't really see a whole lot of information being passed along either. What I do see are a lot of childish comments about the misery these "celebrities" are enduring, not to mention the rude comments about how they are trying to cope with it. Yes, this subject matter may be "dubious and macabre" and we all like to stop and look at the car wreck, but some of the comments just strike me as cruel. We all know ithis website is not for legitimate informational purposes, but appeals to our baser interests. Just my opinion. I don't expect anyone who is a fan of this site to agree with me.

You funny.

:dead3: Stupid posters! INOPERABLE just means THAT. It doesn't mean NO recovery. Chemo can reduce a cancer to nothing! Ask my father..he also has lung cancer and the tumor has reduced significantly with one treatment...this site makes me sick. You people that have never suffered with a loved one just wait...it will happen one day and see how YOU like this crap. Google should remove it.

At least I know you're not British...no 'U's' you see...

We all know ithis website is not for legitimate informational purposes

It's a damn sight more informational (I'm not entirely convinced that's a proper word) than a lot of places. How many people can be arsed scanning obscure Pacific Island newspaper websites to see how certain politicians are doing, yet the information on their leaders' wellbeing usually ends up on here.

I like discussing celeb deaths as much as I like guessing who'll get knighted in the New Year's Honours List. While I find the open active wishing of people dead a bit distasteful too (though I'm not going to bitch about it on a site like this as I get the point of the site - doh...) ultimately it's a bit of fun. If I were famous, or a once famous now faded star, I'd be quite amused to find myself discussed on here, as long as people weren't wishing me dead - unless I deserved it of course. And you'd be surprised how many such people are quietly amused, if only that people remember them.

It's a damn sight more informational (I'm not entirely convinced that's a proper word) than a lot of places. How many people can be arsed scanning obscure Pacific Island newspaper websites to see how certain politicians are doing, yet the information on their leaders' wellbeing usually ends up on here.

I like discussing celeb deaths as much as I like guessing who'll get knighted in the New Year's Honours List. While I find the open active wishing of people dead a bit distasteful too (though I'm not going to bitch about it on a site like this as I get the point of the site - doh...) ultimately it's a bit of fun. If I were famous, or a once famous now faded star, I'd be quite amused to find myself discussed on here, as long as people weren't wishing me dead - unless I deserved it of course. And you'd be surprised how many such people are quietly amused, if only that people remember them.

So who is going to get a Knighthood in the New Years Honours List Vinegar?

A load of toadying civil servants who don't deserve it.

I'd like to see both Victoria Wood and Julie Walters get Damehoods personally.

A load of toadying civil servants who don't deserve it.

I'd like to see both Victoria Wood and Julie Walters get Damehoods personally.

Hmm..possible. I think with it being 'in' at the moment, Blair could cash in on the current

popularity of Doctor Who and knight one of the Timelords.

Sir Tom Baker sounds rather good... :dead3:

David Beckham will perhaps get a promotion to CBE or Knighthood being that he is the outgoing (gone) England Captain. There was also a World Cup this year so there may be a shed load of MBEs to the team even though they lost.

Jamie Oliver may get a promotion to OBE/CBE for the school meals crap.

Liz Smith may get some recognition - she can't have much long left.

What about the commoner Zara Phillips who is doing rather well in sport I hear...

How many people can be arsed scanning obscure Pacific Island newspaper websites to see how certain politicians are doing, yet the information on their leaders' wellbeing usually ends up on here.

VT, I hope you are not inferring that Bartholomew Ulufa'alu might not quite cut the mustard as a DL pick? <_<

Stanley Baxter ("Izat a marra on yer barra, Clara?") is due for a knighthood.

Also:

Stephen Hawking

Richard Lambert (CBI)

Michael Grade

Christopher Lee

Michael Parkinson

OBE for Stephen Fry

I also note that Sir Edward Health's vacancy at the Order of the Garter has yet to be taken.

It's usual for former PM's to be given the honour - will they give Blair it now just to save pissing about later? We shall find out on St. Georges day...