weatherman90

Tammy Faye Messner

Only a mild update:

In another interview her son has said she's in the last stages of the disease and that her family are by her side

17 days - that's all she has to do.......

Come on Tammy you can make '07 and give us a DDP and possibly (if the committee decide) DeathList an early hit.

I'm a prayin' for ya Tammy, hang on in there.

Families don't tend to sit around bedsides waiting for 17 days. I don't think she's going to make it. Which is a shame as I've submitted my DDP team already, looks like Saddam Hussain might be promoted from the substitutes bench.

Families don't tend to sit around bedsides waiting for 17 days. I don't think she's going to make it. Which is a shame as I've submitted my DDP team already, looks like Saddam Hussain might be promoted from the substitutes bench.

I am going to wait another week or so before submitting my team. Too many potential ddp candidates have been dropping dead like flies recently. :rip:

It's a lost cause now, I think.

I'm just waiting for that smug bastard Ali to come along to give us the 'I told you so' story.

With every passing day I hate him more and more...

I'm just waiting for that smug bastard Ali to come along to give us the 'I told you so' story.

Now Rotten Ali is on your To - Kill list. I guess that list is about 10 maybe 12 feet long.

Now Rotten Ali is on your To - Kill list. I guess that list is about 10 maybe 12 feet long.

Oh dear, just being around this site looks like Windsor's blood pressure is going through the roof again. Come on man - pull yourself together. All I've done so far is to add a dash of real world blind logic to the task of putting together a short list of prominent names who are having some health problems. OK, I'm having a few hits but still I'm not getting them all. Death is very hit and miss affair and your picks are, in the main, just as favourable as mine. True I've been putting on the joshing "I'm going well" but I've had some stinker ideas also. If my posts have put you on edge then I can only apologise. Sorry mate but when I have a 6 out of 10 year on Rotten.com can you fathom that I've done moderately well.

It's about time for an update from Tamm. She obviously wants us all to know that she is not doing as bad as the news points out, but whether this is the truth or something written by her publicist is yet to be seen.

I'd take this "update" with a pinch of salt.

The fact that what she publicist calls "so-called tabloid garbage" is actually her son talking about her last days makes me think they paid a monkey to type this up.

I caught a bit of the Larry King show last night on which her sone was being interviewed.

I think that she is not exactly on her death bed and she was able to do a phone in on to the show. There was minimal wheezing.

Then her ex-husband came on the phone saying that he had seen cases of people with 4th stage cancer bounce back with no medical explaination.

You know, these Religious Fundamentalists will do anything to make a few bob in the name of Christ. Could it be another scam?

I'm now saying that she will survive to see 2007.

I caught a bit of the Larry King show last night on which her sone was being interviewed.

I think that she is not exactly on her death bed and she was able to do a phone in on to the show. There was minimal wheezing.

Then her ex-husband came on the phone saying that he had seen cases of people with 4th stage cancer bounce back with no medical explaination.

You know, these Religious Fundamentalists will do anything to make a few bob in the name of Christ. Could it be another scam?

I'm now saying that she will survive to see 2007.

The truth, I think, lies somewhere in the middle always. Surviving to see 2007? Most likely. Surviving to see 2008? Not as likely.

The truth, I think, lies somewhere in the middle always. Surviving to see 2007? Most likely. Surviving to see 2008? Not as likely.

That, of course, is true for all people. :devil2:

regards,

Hein

Interview from last night.

If I'm not mistaken, hospice care means that you are likely to die in 6 months. Or am I just making that up?

Anyway - must dash. Want to see which duffus has won the x factor.

Interview from last night.

If I'm not mistaken, hospice care means that you are likely to die in 6 months. Or am I just making that up?

Anyway - must dash. Want to see which duffus has won the x factor.

From Wrongipedia:

In the US, palliative care services can be offered to any patient with no restrictions on disease type or expected prognosis. However, hospice care under the Medicare Hospice Benefit, requires that two physicians certify that a patient has less than six months to live, if the disease follows its usual course. This does not mean, however, that if a patient is still living after six months in hospice, he or she will be discharged from the service. Such restrictions do not exist in other countries such as the UK.

I volunteered in a hospice once, and a lot of the people were fairly lively and had lots of fascinating stories to tell. It's a home for the dying, not (necessarily) the near-death. To clarify my statement which MH has pointed out is broadly applicable, I'd wager that she will make it to 2007, but not 2008. Hospice care is expensive, and you don't get sent there unless you're likely to die within a year (even though the certification is for 6 months).

I've yet to find video/audio of the interview, but if it's as Windsor has described it, I'd say don't worry about her lasting out this year, and she'll be a good candidate for next.

I've yet to find video/audio of the interview, but if it's as Windsor has described it, I'd say don't worry about her lasting out this year, and she'll be a good candidate for next.

Well, the key bits from Windsor's interview are:

Larry King asked Tammy Faye how she was feeling ?

"Well, for one thing, I feel up and down. I will feel good and if I do something on one day, then I have to be good the next day and stay home and rest. And so that I can rest up so I can do something that I’d like to do the next day. And so that’s how cancer kind of works. It kind of works so you have to rest up for your next fun-thing that you want to do.

Tammy Faye told King that she is in hospice and "hospice is in my home."

"And, yes, I am able to get in and out of bed. I do pretty much what I want to. I can’t do a lot of work. That has — I get too tired sitting home with home work and doing that kind of thing. "But I can get out of bed. I can write. I can do things like that, that — and I can go out and be with my kids and then visit with people that come over."

King commented that : "We’ve been told that you were told that the cancer is so advanced that you shouldn’t be alive at this point. How do you react to that ?"

"It’s amazing how they say I shouldn’t be alive and here I am. I have — I have a number that everyone knows about, most people, and a number — your number, whether you’re still supposed to be alive or not. And mine’s 47, which is way up there. And yet I feel wonderful. I can get out and do things. And, Larry, I feel pretty good. I really feel I’m going to beat this thing again.

"I’ve lost 66 pounds. I look like — kind of like a machine that’s been crashed in. "I do have a line of pain medication. I have many different kinds of pain medicine. And that’s what helps me, I’m sure, obtain a, you know, attitude. Plus the fact that God is with me and I really trust god.

Tammy Faye told King that she has the feeling that she’s going to beat the cancer. "The hospice treatment is absolutely wonderful. They come here and they — the wonderful thing about it is they bring their equipment. And so that you don’t have to go to the hospice — hospital, where it’s so cold, and get all your treatments there. You can get them here at home.

"And I have them at home in bed. I have my treatments for my — I don’t know what you cal them. They’re just — they’re just treatments that you get through a needle. And you get that in bed. And that makes it so much better that you don’t have to get out and go out in the cold and take those treatments."

"But I really was saying, you know, Lord, please heal me or take me, you know ? You get to the — there are times when you get to the wit’s end, but nobody sees that with me.

KING : Is your mother’s illness very difficult for you ?

JAY BAKKER : Yes. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever been through. It’s hard because even seeing the footage of her and seeing how healthy she looked because she’s down to 60 — I think about 68 pounds right now.

"And it’s just, you know, my dad used to call her the unsinkable Molly Brown, and it’s really hard to see her this weak. And, you know, everything we’ve been through, nothing has prepared me for this.

Bakker was asked what he believes keeps Tammy Faye going ?

"She’s a fighter. She is — she is 68 pounds of pure steel, you know. I mean, it’s just like she is just amazing. And I think what keeps her going is her faith in God and her love for shopping. You know, we have to go to Target every other day.

KING : Is it hard to look at her losing so much weight ?

JAY BAKKER : Yes, it’s very hard. It nearly breaks my heart when I hug her. I can feel her bones.

Yes, unless your name is Art Buchwald.

Now we're just playing the waiting game with her. If Tammy lives past December 31st this year and she isn't on the 2007 Deathlist then something's wrong here (no offense to anyone).

I was only flicking through chanels so I only caught the end of the interview. It started with a play back from July 2005 so I thought that she had died and this was some kind of tribute.

I was imagining RA smugness until I heard that they had her on the phone. Talking to a corpse over the phone isn't great television. Then she started yapping and she didn't sound like a woman on the immediate brink of death which had been suggested by the bedside vigils we had heard of.

I was watching the Larry King interview, Tammy Faye was able to speak fairly clearly, and from my own perspective I think she should last atleast untill next year.

I was watching the Larry King interview, Tammy Faye was able to speak fairly clearly, and from my own perspective I think she should last atleast untill next year.

yeah...I've got my doubts about her....she WAS going to be a joker pick....now I dont think she should make the starting blocks....

You know, I always miss these things. Larry needs to get some streaming broadcasts on his website. Anyway, judging from the transcript, and the fact that she is in hospice, it looks like she will definately be leaving in 2007. It seems to be that she is basically just receiving more and more treatment in hopes that it will lower her cancer count which is now very high. At 68 pounds, if the cancer doesn't kill her, the treatment will.

I've never heard of this "Tammy Faye" woman, or even her husband actually, so she can't be that famous! :blink:

I've never heard of this "Tammy Faye" woman, or even her husband actually, so she can't be that famous! :rip:

All things considered, I think I'll pass on having what you've heard of determine whether or not anyone or anything is famous.

I've never heard of this "Tammy Faye" woman, or even her husband actually, so she can't be that famous! :rip:

Then obviously you have no real reason to be here. Take an interest in the world outside, read, engage in discussion with your fellow man. Learn.

If you don't remember the Bakker sex scandal, fair enough, but don't flaunt your ignorance for the world to see.

I was only flicking through chanels so I only caught the end of the interview. It started with a play back from July 2005 so I thought that she had died and this was some kind of tribute.

I was imagining RA smugness until I heard that they had her on the phone. Talking to a corpse over the phone isn't great television. Then she started yapping and she didn't sound like a woman on the immediate brink of death which had been suggested by the bedside vigils we had heard of.

Hey, Windsor - thanks for letting me know I've jumped the gun again mate!

I've never heard of this "Tammy Faye" woman, or even her husband actually, so she can't be that famous! :)

Me neither. At first I thought she was a country singer.

I read somewhere that religious people fear death a lot more than non-religious people, which means they obviously don't believe their own propaganda.

I read somewhere that religious people fear death a lot more than non-religious people, which means they obviously don't believe their own propaganda.

I've heard the same. Of course there's also the explanation that they do believe their own propaganda and have a strong suspicion what'll await them after death.

regards,

Hein