maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

Feel like the only hope for a Nawi obit now is David Norris himself carking it.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2021 at 17:32, gcreptile said:

The PUP loyalist, paramilitary and DDP pick Ken Wilkinson is dead:

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/people/veteran-loyalist-ken-wilkinson-passes-away-3162319

Google tells me there might be a Ken Wilkinson mention under the link:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/times-letters-upsides-and-downsides-of-direct-grant-schools-lz8l7cfss

Anybody got a Times subscription? I might even get one myself after I return home. 

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Google tells me there might be a Ken Wilkinson mention under the link:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/times-letters-upsides-and-downsides-of-direct-grant-schools-lz8l7cfss

Anybody got a Times subscription? I might even get one myself after I return home. 

Sounds like a letters page.

Now iirc that sort of mention was actually ruled out for a Guardian letter mention for some dead bod - Spade might recall a petition to the DDP on that point.

Basically someone writing in to the letters page is equivalent to a death notice. Got to be a news article.

The Michel Delpech incident was a comment in the comment section of the article, like anyone can write under a, say, music review and then shoehorn a death mention in there. This here might be different in that The Times chose to publish it. But I wouldn't rule on that.

Anyway, doesn't matter if the link doesn't even mention the death. 

• Like 1

The only Wilkinson in that page is a reference to Johnny Wilkinson in the 2003 eggchase world cup.image.png.a068e4e6281b94f3a1076c5628d86f09.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The Michel Delpech incident was a comment in the comment section of the article, like anyone can write under a, say, music review and then shoehorn a death mention in there. This here might be different in that The Times chose to publish it. But I wouldn't rule on that.

Anyway, doesn't matter if the link doesn't even mention the death. 

Hmm, Spade's had a look anyway.

Look, if the DDP rules out death notices as a possible points bonanza for the cost of £30, there's no way a letter for the price of the time it takes to send an email, never mind a first class stamp, should count. Otherwise I'm sure someone is on the cusp of sending a letter of controversy about Ezra Nawi to all the usual DDP sources.....:lol:

Basically Ireland is out as a reliable source of QOs. India is back after a couple of years where the QO rules didn't favour it, and Australia is as strong as ever - but don't confuse it with New Zealand.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Look, if the DDP rules out death notices as a possible points bonanza for the cost of £30, there's no way a letter for the price of the time it takes to send an email, never mind a first class stamp, should count.

Oh, I don't know.  They have to publish genuine death notices if people have paid for them, but publishing letters is at their discretion. 

I would be inclined to allow it as it could be a source of further entertainment, and possibly even award a bonus point for the achievement.  :evil2:

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, I don't know.  They have to publish genuine death notices if people have paid for them, but publishing letters is at their discretion. 

I would be inclined to allow it as it could be a source of further entertainment, and possibly even award a bonus point for the achievement.  :evil2:

Well, if a mockery of the game is what it is to become, simply engineered for the benefit of those with contacts in the press and their friends, so be it. :lol:

On 01/07/2018 at 19:37, gcreptile said:

Boko Haram boss Abubakar Shekau has high blood pressure and diabeetus:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/boko-harams-shekau-critically-ill/

He might have to be deposed if he can't lead anymore.

Unconfirmed reports Abubakar Shekau has committed suicide rather than die at the hands of opposition: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/breaking-uncertainty-over-shekaus-whereabout-as-iswap-runs-rampage-in-sambisa-forest/

Hmm. We'll see.

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Unconfirmed reports Abubakar Shekau has committed suicide rather than die at the hands of opposition: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/breaking-uncertainty-over-shekaus-whereabout-as-iswap-runs-rampage-in-sambisa-forest/

Hmm. We'll see.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/nigerias-boko-haram-leader-abubakar-shekau-badly-wounded-report-2445753

According to this site he tried to kill himself, didn't succeed and is badly wounded

• Like 1

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/supremacy-battle-iswap-fighters-arrest-more-shekaus-commanders-meet-surrendered-top-boko-haram-members/

Everyone's pretty sure that Shekau is dead now and Abu Musab al-Barnawi, ISWAP leader, former Boko Haram member and Boko Haram's founder Mohammed Yusuf's (1970-2006) eldest surviving son and other ISWAP leaders have apparently declared Boko Haram and all of its structures and formations dissolved.

BBC Africa live blog has Boko Haram leader Shekau now confirmed dead by Boko Haram themselves:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world/africa

The new leader: Bakura Modu, also known as Sahalaba.

• Like 2

Al-Qaeda attacks of 1998-2002, responsibility and attackers:

Leader of Al-Qaeda:

1988-2011: Osama Bin Laden (1957-2011)

2011- Ayman al-Zawahiri (1951-), formerly Osama's second hand man

1998 United States Embassy Bombings:

Perpetrators: Suicide bombers

Participants in planning the bombing: Sheikh Ahmed Salim Swedan (1960/1969-2009), Mohamed Rashed Daouf al-Owhali (1977-), Khalfan Khamis Mohammed (1974-), Mohammed Odeh (1965-) and Osama's secretary Wadih el-Hage (1960-), all the alive ones serving life with parole in the US.

"Masterminds": Fazul Abdullah Mohammed (1972/1974-2011) and Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah (1963-2020)

2000 USS Cole bombing:

Accomplices: Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi (died 2002), Jamal Ahmad Mohammad Al Badawi (1960/1963-2019), Fahd al-Quso (1974-2012), Walid bin Attash (1978-) and Khalid al-Mindhar (9/11 attacker, about him later). bin Attash is held at Guantamo Bay.

"Mastermind": Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri (1965-), held at Guantamo Bay.

9/11:

Hijackers: All dead.

Key figures:

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (1965/1964-) Named the "principal architect" of the attacks. Arrested in 2003, a trial will probably be held soon in the 2020s where it is expected that he will get a death penalty.

Mohammed Atef (1944-2001) Financer and Osama's deputy, killed in an US airstrike later the same year.

Ramzi bin al-Shibn (1972-) Named the "key facilitator" of the attacks, speculated to have wanted to be a hijacker. At Guantamo Bay.

Mustafa al-Hawsawi (1968-) At Guantamo Bay, no trial yet. Reported to have been sexually abused by captors.

Ammar al-Baluchi (1977-) Another facilitator. Guantamo Bay.

Others:

Sulaiman Abu Ghaith (1965-) Spokesman who released a statement on the attacks in October 2001. Serving life in prison.

Mohammed al-Qahtani (1979-) Speculated to have wanted to be an attacker. Tortured by exposure to cold by the US and now held in Guantamo.

Abdelghani Mzoudi (1972-) and Mounir el-Motassadeq (1974-) Possibly assisted hijackers.

Ziyad Kheel (Dead) "Procurement agent" for Bin Laden

Saddam Hussein (1937-2006) Suspected of being involved.

2002 Ghriba synagogue bombing

Attacker: Niser bin Muhammad Nasr Nawar (1978-2002)

Other: Christian Ganczarski (1966-) Possibly a top al-Qaeda leader, connected to the bombing.

2002 Faylaka Island attack

Perpetrators are dead.

Adel al Zamel: Involved in the attack, in jail in Kuwait

2002 Bali Bombings:

Attackers: Two suicide bombers.

Key figures:

Imam Samudra (1970-2008)

Amrozi (1962-2008)

Huda bin Abdul Haq (1960-2008) All three executed.

Dulmatin (1970-2010) Named the mastermind of the attack, killed in 2010.

Abu Bakar Ba'asyir (1938-) Leader of Jemaah Islamiyah, the group that did the attacks.

Explosion outside Kabul Airport. 

No words about deaths just yet. But sources are saying that there may be a lot of deaths in what appears to be a suicide attack. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Explosion outside Kabul Airport. 

No words about deaths just yet. But sources are saying that there may be a lot of deaths in what appears to be a suicide attack. 

BBC were talking about terrorist threats this morning.

And so it comes to pass....

U.S. personel have been killed in the blast - wonder how Joe Biden will retaliate? Also, some very graphic videos on Twitter shows LOTS of dead bodies. Looks like a +50 bodycount. 

31 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

U.S. personel have been killed in the blast - wonder how Joe Biden will retaliate? Also, some very graphic videos on Twitter shows LOTS of dead bodies. Looks like a +50 bodycount. 

He won't.

• Like 1

At least 60 confirmed dead. Maybe they'll reach the 100 mark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genfærd said:

At least 60 confirmed dead. Maybe they'll reach the 100 mark.

that's insane… We're in 2021, those lives shouldn't be wasted like that anymore

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

FTFY.