DevonDeathTrip

Coleman Falls?

David Coleman 87 today.

I didn't realise he was so old, maybe he will get on the list in the next couple of years.

David Coleman 87 today.

I didn't realise he was so old, maybe he will get on the list in the next couple of years.

Now that would be remarkable :)

• Like 3

EEEEEEEEEEEXTRAORDINARY!!

Whilst verifying Coleman's birthdate (I haven't trusted i since the Ann Jones debarcle) I saw that Peter Dimmock (b. 1920) the original presenter of Grandstand is still alive.

I don't know if this is public knowledge or not, but I received an email about Murray Walker today;

I was shocked to hear from him (Murray Walker) a few moments ago that he has just got home from 3 weeks in German and UK hospitals, following a fall, he has broken his pelvis and can only just hobble about on crutches. Bear in mind he will be 90 in October, getting back to normal is likely to take some time.

Poor Murray. Get well soon.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is public knowledge or not, but I received an email about Murray Walker today;

I was shocked to hear from him (Murray Walker) a few moments ago that he has just got home from 3 weeks in German and UK hospitals, following a fall, he has broken his pelvis and can only just hobble about on crutches. Bear in mind he will be 90 in October, getting back to normal is likely to take some time.

Is Murray's wife still alive because it's been a long standing ambition of mine to bone her senseless whilst Murray sits in the corner providing rapid fire commentary, before shouting "Fantastic, absolutely fantastic" as Mrs Walker and myself come to similtaneous and massive.... it might aid his recovery if she still is.

• Like 1

Sky darts anchor Dave Clark "opens up" to the Daily Mail about his battle with Parkinsons, the same disease that led to his dad's suicide. To be honest I'd be close to suicide as well if I had to sit through another Phil Taylor "I'm 53 you know, there's some great talent on the tour these days, normally Barney would be hitting those in for fun, I was talking to me mate Robbie Williams" interview.

Wow...this topic was created in 2006....4 years before Gary Coleman died after falling down the stairs. It's like the thread-starter was subconciously predicting Coleman's death, despite the thread not being about him....Eerie, ain't it? :ninja:

About as eerie as the fact my grandfather attended his own dad's funeral, and then later died himself (fifty years later).

• Like 1

Wow...this topic was created in 2006....4 years before Gary Coleman died after falling down the stairs. It's like the thread-starter was subconciously predicting Coleman's death, despite the thread not being about him....Eerie, ain't it? :ninja:

No.

• Like 1

#we hate Jimmy Hill, but can't remember why, remember why...

In a home with alzheimers and a money grabbing bickering family to boot...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-family-squabble-alzheimers-victim-jimmy-hill-112811396--sow.html

Never mind , chin up jimbo.

David Coleman dead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25476438

Damn..... sad in my opinion. He was a prize berk but one of the nation's favourite berks. And a good commentator.

I was going to suggest him for next year's list too. Also, will have to replace him on my DDP entry......

I'm a bit sad about that. I always enjoyed watching Question of Sport as a kid and listening to him get carried away when he would do commentary when the Olympics were on, were what made it more entertaining.

Guest Guest

was he never on the list? if not why?!

was he never on the list? if not why?!

I'm pretty sure he wasn't, from memory. Like I said I was gonna suggest him for next year. Shame, he would have been a great DL pick

respects.gif

lol, Dr beats me to it.

Harry Carpenter, David Coleman and Bill Maclaren. I confidently predict that they won't all see 2008 2014.

Post #1 edited to bring it up to date.

Guest Roy

My only theme team success this year (so far!)

article-2406193-1B83CC1B000005DC-558_634x469.jpg

The chances of Frank Bough making it to January 1st 2014 must be slim based on the fact that the other three men with him in the photo have all died in 2013. :skull:

Guest Guest

Given that there's only 9 days to go till 2014 my moneys on him making it :rolleyes: