I can't see the football league ever permitting another club to move location after the whole MK Dons shit, I also can't see Carlisle fans being happy for their club to be bought out by Rangers of all people. Surely the end situation of this would be the rangers fans creating a new rangers, pissed off about their ground being in England, the carlisle fans would create a new carlisles, pissed off about turning into rangers and this stupid foreigner would have a useless club?

If it did happen, there wouldn't be Rangers fans in Carlisle, as it'd be akin to when Airdrie United killed off Clydebank, surely. I'm convinced there was a similar story around Rangers and the English leagues back when they originally went bust in 2012. That came to nothing. Google tells me I'm not talking bollocks, and it was Bury.

So I doubt our MPFC has much to worry about.

I've realised Sam Allardyce can't actually be that bad cos his last name sounds a bit like "Allah dies".

He's like my new "favourite" person in football for the next 5 minutes.

More hun shenanigans/ rumour mill stuff that I normally wouldn't post, but it involves Mary's beloved Carlisle....

BIG PINK

MAY 29, 2016 at 01:38

12 0 Rate This

Learned something this evening which may or may not explain TRFC’s headlong rush into confrontation with the SFA. It appears that some “Hong Kong businessmen” (with wealth off the SARS radar), have been sniffing around Carlisle United. My source tells me that successfully obtaining a controlling interest in that club could see Carlisle renamed as TRFC (transforming Carlisle into the same club that was founded in Glasgow in 1872), but retaining Carlisle’s licence to play in England.

Subsequently a relocation 90 miles down the road – and a break from Glasgow and Scottish football – would take place.

It is worth noting that two Hong Kong based businessmen who have recently “invested” in TRFC have a significant interest in Worthington Reds held under the name “Ibrox Park Holdings”.

My source (a former CEO of a Football League club), remarking on a similar move by Celtic in the not too distant past which was thwarted by a hesitant and conservative Celtic board said;

“King is a risk taker. His over-riding aim in this TRFC project is to have them playing in England – as is Celtic’s – but whilst Celtic’s board are hampered in that aim by their ultra-conservative approach to regulation, King has no qualms about confronting the norms”.

“He might even pull it off!”

Given the belligerent rhetoric coming out of Ibrox in the past week it would certainly make more sense to me that it was initiated, not by a wish to deflect from on-field or Res 12 related issues, but as an engineered opening gambit in a tactical withdrawal from the game in Scotland.

King wants his money back. At the current rate of progress, he’ll be waiting for the NEXT time Hibs win the cup ��

Alternatively, leading the Bears – Moses-like – down the M74 in a victim fuelled exodus to the promised land may appear to be a quicker route to riches.

Of course this is only speculation (or at least the conclusion is), but if King thinks TRFC are unpopular here, wait ’till he hears the fans and residents of Carlisle!

Owt on this doing the rounds down your way Mary ?

S'cuse my tardiness on this. I was working in Romania and ignored the internet from Thurs-Mon

Basically, there's been incredible stories at Carlisle going back over a year about a "billionaire" (generally believed to be one person) and his interest in our club. Despite the apparent lunacy of such money attaching itself to CUFC there were some plausible possibilities. One such was that Donald Trump was behind it; not quite as crazy as it might seem since one of his top people in his business has Carlisle roots and we were imagining a scenario whereby he used the club like his Scottish golf resort partly for the purposes of showing voting Americans that heritage mattered.

The nightmare scenario for CUFC supporters came from another angle. Some thought the "billionaire" was Mike Ashley attempting some half-arsed attempt to fund a minion to buy Carlisle and leave the fatster with a feeder club in Carlisle for Newcastle and Rangers.

So, the recent development is just about possible and years ago we - apparently - approached the Scottish league when Michael Fucking Knighton - was our chairman because we regarded banishment to Scotland as better than the fall into the Conference (which eventually came after Knighton fucked off). The rumour then was that the Scottish league were up for it (there's an English club there already - after all) and would oblige us to start at the bottom (which is exactly what they forced the new Rangers to do).

It'll never happen, like

• Like 1

Even with a minion you can rule out fat Mike due to Newcastle going down. The FL rules on dual ownership / interests are far more stringent than the PL's.

Can see him bailing from TRIFC if he loses many more court cases.

Knighton :D, aye I remember them rumours.

Trump you can never rule out.

The Worthington Reds is an interesting angle though, but I agree it will not happen. But it is , 'interesting'.

Even with a minion you can rule out fat Mike due to Newcastle going down. The FL rules on dual ownership / interests are far more stringent than the PL's.

The Worthington Reds is an interesting angle though, but I agree it will not happen. But it is , 'interesting'.

Even one of these Minions?

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Like 1

Celtic 2nd fav at 5/2 to be Zlatans next club.

If this comes to pass, I would willingly have Peter Lawells next child.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/zlatan-ibrahimovic/next-club

Even one of these Minions?

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I'm going to steal that for my new avatar!

• Like 1

Celtic 2nd fav at 5/2 to be Zlatans next club.

If this comes to pass, I would willingly have Peter Lawells next child.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials/zlatan-ibrahimovic/next-club

If he does it seems that he deliberately looks for league championships to win, when they're available...

Nah, it's because he grew up internationally being mentored by Henrik , and said in the past he wanted to play there for a year.

Don't think he's motivated by league wins, just CL ones.

That 5/2 now 7/4 btw ....

Anyone want to explain how that was not a fucking penalty. That official is getting sacked in the morning.

• Like 1

In other news defending Scottish Women's Cup Holders East Kilbride suffered a minor set back defending their prize with a 26-0 defeat:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36514672

HAHA!!! The scottish really are shit at football.

Some of the other highlights of what must be the least competitive football competition in history's second round:

Assuming anything above 7-0 can be proof that one team is utter shit!

Second Round

Dundee United 8-0 Stenhousemuir

Stirling University 10-0 Westerlands

Celtic 7-0 Aberdeen

Dunfermline Athletic 7-0 Dumbarton United

Hibernian 11-0 Boroughmuir Thistle

Jeanfield Swifts 18-0 Ross County

Rangers Ladies 7-0 East Fife
And that's just the second round.

In other news defending Scottish Women's Cup Holders East Kilbride suffered a minor set back defending their prize with a 26-0 defeat:

Aye! But we're shit and we know it. You lot are shit but you don't know it.

• Like 2

Sorry, I can't hear you I'm to busy making arrangements to watch my national team play their next Euro 2016 game. When's Scotlands next competitive fixture, again? Oh, yeah September.

Sorry, I can't hear you I'm to busy making arrangements to watch my national team play their next Euro 2016 game. When's Scotlands next competitive fixture, again? Oh, yeah September.

We're not interested in winning that diddy wee cup. We'll look forward to our three games in the World Cup finals in 2018.

Can I just say although football is not my sport "Our Wee Country" twice out of 3 World Cups we got to the quarter finals and now it's our first euros we just want to enjoy the experience , pity we lost a fan but the Irish will always come together will always come together in the face of adversity. GAWA!!

Sorry, I can't hear you I'm to busy making arrangements to watch my national team play their next Euro 2016 game.

Smashing up pubs, terrorising the locals and then blaming it on the Russians?

I always enjoy the game where Engerlund get knocked out. Germany v England @ Euro '96 being a personal favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izCKtubriis

Just after that the cameras picked up Baddiel and Skinner in the crowd, looking utterly shell-shocked. A guy who runs a print shop here in Edinburgh got a photo of it, put it onto some T-shirts and made a fortune!

Shit, why did it take me until like 3 years after David Beckham retired, to think of the nickname "The You Know-Bomber"?

St Pauli have a new signing to unveil , but the manager is on his hols/in the pub.

No bother....

Get a mask of him and stick it on the janny..

Ck-_MQeWgAAQT86.jpg

Ck-_MQmXAAArGHU.jpg

Ck-_MQxW0AA_w7N.jpg

• Like 3

Should've used a latex face cover, might have gotten away with it.