Bookies to pay out £15m after Leicester City win the Premier League.

Betfred said they offered a 22,000-1 bet in August for the Foxes to win the league and Mark Selby to win snooker's World Championship.
Nobody placed a bet on that double.

Oh that's the double that I overheard someone talking about. I thought they meant the league and cup double.

Well, time to reflect.

I and, I have to say, more than a few fellow Yids have a bit of a bad taste in our mouths.

No, its not because we only drew ( well done Leicester, totally deserved) but because some of our players behaved like fucking morons.

Keep you head while all around are losing theirs isn't something that some of our players understand.

Luckily for us the ref was quite 'generous' or we would have finished the game with less than 10 men.

Ok, we have had the youngest teams out there playing this season and some of them are still kids really but, well fuck, a bit of class and dignity would have gone a long way.

If we had have won it would have been 'Those dirty c***s don't deserve to win the title'

They would have had a point.

• Like 3

Into 25/1 for them to be relegated next year.....just a sayin.

Leicester.....

@ $1,000,000 in wages for every point gained.

The baws burst.

Can someone translate that to Scottish English?

Anyone got a famous book maker in a dead pool?

PR release I saw said only two 1,000/1+ singles have ever come in as a bet in history before this Leicester thing (some guy in the 60s got a 1,000/1 on man walking on the moon before 1970 and a 2,500/1 "my son will play international football" bet for some guy). Can this be true?

Is this the famous Chris Kirkland bet? And wasn't it a friend of his father's rather than his father himself?

What about them being relegated and winning the champions league?

Anyone got a famous book maker in a dead pool?

PR release I saw said only two 1,000/1+ singles have ever come in as a bet in history before this Leicester thing (some guy in the 60s got a 1,000/1 on man walking on the moon before 1970 and a 2,500/1 "my son will play international football" bet for some guy). Can this be true?

Is this the famous Chris Kirkland bet? And wasn't it a friend of his father's rather than his father himself?

That was only 100/1 going by this article.

Harry Wilson's grandad however got 2,500/1 for his son playing for Wales by betting on him when he was an infant. This will be the one. (£125,000 from a £50 bet)

What are the odds for them winning the Champions League?

FUCK THE DEE

13166083_1374781952548438_12074205516413

• Like 1

Oh shit. Newcastle real are useless. Only team beaten by Derby in their shit season and now only team not to beat Villa in theirs.

If Sunderland beat Everton or Watford were in the Championship.

Even beating Spurs wouldn't be enough.

I must say, Leicester have been pukka champions!

Another Newcastle/Sunderland stylee nail-biter now resolved.

Mighty Blackpool face temping trips to Carlisle, Crawley and Hartlepool next season whilst their upwardly mobile neighbours Fleetwood escape relegation and live to fight on in League One.

Another Newcastle/Sunderland stylee nail-biter now resolved.

Mighty Blackpool face temping trips to Carlisle, Crawley and Hartlepool next season whilst their upwardly mobile neighbours Fleetwood escape relegation and live to fight on in League One.

Also resulting from this afternoons League One matches. Burton Albion will be in the Championship mixing it with the likes of Aston Villa, Newcastle, Derby County, Queens Park Rangers and Fulham.

They've only been a Football League team since 2009.

Man City's season could end up as spectacularly bad as Leicester's was good.

Why is it all so confusing now? I wish they would go back to calling them Division 1, 2, 3 and 4. Because that's still what it is.

• Like 3

Why is it all so confusing now? I wish they would go back to calling them Division 1, 2, 3 and 4. Because that's still what it is.

It's different numbers of teams in the divisions though. It's not that confusing with regards to the tiers that marginally matter.

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

National League North + National League South

Isthmian League + Northern Premier League + Southern Premier League

It's different numbers of teams in the divisions though. It's not that confusing with regards to the tiers that marginally matter.

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

I think that list speaks for itself. B)

The thing that pisses me off is the notion that Football simply did not exist before the formation of the Premier League.

''.....and on the 8th day Sky created football....'

Bollocks did it.

• Like 1

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

If you think that's confusing here's the entire pyramid - all the way down to Mid-Sussex Football League - Division Ten. (Level 23, i.e it would take a team in this division 22 promotions to reach the Premier League but they can do it.) Basically once you get to the national league it's just ever decreasing geographical areas with some of the larger ones having several divisions.

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

If you think that's confusing here's the entire pyramid - all the way down to Mid-Sussex Football League - Division Ten. (Level 23, i.e it would take a team in this division 22 promotions to reach the Premier League but they can do it.) Basically once you get to the national league it's just ever decreasing geographical areas with some of the larger ones having several divisions.

Yes, that's all fine. What I object to is the top divisions being given fancy names as though they are separate from the system. The so-called Premiership is the League Division One, and the so-called Championship is League Division Two.

< wanders away muttering about how it were when I were a nipper >

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

Yes, that's all fine. What I object to is the top divisions being given fancy names as though they are separate from the system. The so-called Premiership is the League Division One, and the so-called Championship is League Division Two.

Look if we went back to how it was when you were a nipper I'd have been a coal miner for about ten years.

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

Look if we went back to how it was when you were a nipper I'd have been a coal miner for about ten years.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

Premier League

Championship

League One

League Two

National League

Technically the Premier League isn't League Division 1. That's how this all started: the 'best' clubs broke away and formed their own "Premier" league and the Football League was reduced to three divisions named, accordingly, Divisions 1, 2 and 3. I can't explain the "Championship" rebrand, except that I assume the feeling was 'Championship' was sexier than 'Division 1'. I believe I'm right in saying the Championship teams still play for the same Division 1 trophy Liverpool had a monopoly on in the 80s, though I'm sure someone will put me straight if that's not the case.

• Like 1

I think the reason it's called the championship is because of the breakaway the winner of the championship is champion of the entire football league in that year (which extends down to League Two, incorporating 72 teams.)

• Like 1

I think the reason it's called the championship is because of the breakaway the winner of the championship is champion of the entire football league in that year (which extends down to League Two, incorporating 72 teams.)

So, the premiership isn't in the football league? It's some sort of separate entity? Which you get into by winning the league below*, which is in fact the top of the entire football league.... ok.

*though it isn't 'below' is it? It can't be since it's the top of the entire football league, it must be a sort of sideways move. 1,2,3,4 never seemed so appealingly simple before now :P.

• Like 2